Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the DEVO 8S for these. One of the reasons why I moved the elevator servo to the opposite side was to try and get the servos moving correctly, but since that didn't solve the problem I just left it on the opposite side since it balances the tail rotor nicely. I didn't have this issue with the Bigaole equipped heli only with the Walkera gyro. I've known of the Deviation firmware but I like the easy user interface of the stock radio so I'll stay with it. I don't plan on getting anymore Walkera gyros in the future so this solution should be ok for now. I may replace it with a Robird G31 in the near future anyway so it's not a big deal. As for the Frysky RXs I've heard good things about them. I'm interested to hear your impressions of the Taranis radio.

The RJX blades are fairly nice but they're sold as B grade so the finish is not great but they balance and perform well. They're slightly shorter than the stock blades and the airfoil is also slightly different.

It's nice to hear you got another D700! It seems you and I are probably the only people buying them because I've yet to see anyone posting about them online. It's really a shame that not many people are buying them given they're so affordable and ARF.

Anyway I look forward to getting the Promodeler servos too so we could share information good or bad. I'll be using them on my Beam 600 which I'll be building soon. Can't wait to hear your impressions of your Goblin and Agile.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default making holes in the canopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Yeah it's getting closer to Spring so gotta prepare the birds for flight.

Anyway got the elevator and tail servos mounted on the opposite side of the tail rotor on both twins and made the necessary mechanical, gyro and tx adjustments. Next step is to make triangular cutouts on the canopies to help get cool air near the bottom mounted ESCs.
Just get them out and fly em'...they will have some holes soon enough This canopy is about double the normal weight due to Goop and Ca.

Seriously, if your esc is getting too hot to touch, you could try a flat throttle curve in the tx above 80%..or maybe change the pinion. What makes an esc hot is because all the current isn't being utilized efficiently by the motor, so it turns into heat. Its sounds strange, but working an esc closer to 100% of its capabilities make it run cooler. An added benefit is that a higher headspeed will also make the helis fly more stable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	486201  
sconel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

where can you get esky D700 parts or is their another brand that will fit this heli?
TC_N992V is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know of anyone in the USA that stocks parts for the D700. Some Blade 450X parts are compatible as well as a few parts for the ESky Belt CP/CPX. I have ordered D700 spares from heliguy.com in the UK. Their prices and shipping are comparable to what you'd pay if you were ordering them from a US supplier. Shipping just takes a few days longer. Their service is good as well. Aside from that you can find places in Singapore and Maylasia that stock parts if you can't find them at heliguy, but shipping is a bit more.
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in