Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finaly got my tail to hold, until I switch to idle up.....?

Ok, so in my other thread I was having issues getting my tail to hold at all, I finally figured out I needed to drill another hole in the servo arm, and up my gain considerably. Got that all straightened out, and I thought just for the heck of it i'd swap to idle up to make sure everything is good in that mode as well. Sure enough the second I flipped the flight mode switch the tail started to move left on me, not so fast I couldn't catch it, but fast enough to make it difficult for a noob like me to recover when I wasn't expecting it. So I thought, maybe it was just coincidence that right when I flipped the switch it did that, so I tried it another 2 times, got into a hover just fine, tail holding great, and the second I flip the flight mode switch, the tail moves left on me. It is doing the same thing that happens when I switch the Aileron D/R switch from 0 to 1 (from HH to Rate mode). I have my gyro mode switch set to A for the Aileron switch on my DX6.

Trex 450SA
JR digital Servo set (285's w/ 3400g)
Align 500x Gyro
Align 340L motor
Align 35G ESC
DX6 w/ the receiver that came with it (6000?)

Here are all my dx6 settings-

TYPE- HE
d/r SW - E.A
GER - A
MDL - 1
HE1 - 1

GER = Norm
PIT = Norm
THR = Norm
AIL = REV
ELE = REV
RUD = Rev

d/r AI0 - 100%
c/r EL0 - 100%

NO EXPO

Sub Trims - All zero

Travel adjust = all 100+/- except for GER = +69 / -70 (+ = HH, - = Rate)

HLD = -1% (no idea what this is...)

PLN - 46
P2N - 50
PHN - 100

PLS - 0
P2S - 50
PHS - 100

PLH - 0
P2H - 50
PHH - 100

TLN - 0
T2N - 78
THN - 100

TLS - 100
T2S - 78
THS - 100

mix RVU = 0%
mix RVD = 0%

mix A11 = 0%
mix offset A11 = 0%
mix Ach = 11
mix ASW = ON

mix CP2 -55
mix CP3 +55
mix CP6 +60

What am I missing?????????? I have been messing with the gyro (GER) gain on my dx6 and haven't re-binded, but I really doubt thats it... HELP!

Thanks!
s2kpdx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have never flown a JR, so I probably should not even answer, but I think that JR's have different trim settings for the different flight modes. Are you sure you do not have any trim or sub trim entered in your transmitter for idle up?
ckoelliker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just went thru and checked all my sub trim and trim, and I think that was it. I didn't know I could have different settings in each flight mode. I had -2 on rudder in normal mode, and +16 in idle up. got 2 dead batteries right now, but I am sure that was it. Thanks!!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I set subtrim to 0. Center the slider by moving the servo and let HH take care of it.
Gary JP4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in