Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hisky HCP100S unboxing and review

Hey fellow members,
Here I will be writing up my Hisky HCP100S review.
In this first part I will start with the unboxing and first impressions. I will reserve a second post for the flight review and updates.

Part one, Unboxing time!!
After a couple of days waiting and getting excited, she arrived today. A nice DHL package containing a surprisingly small box, with some nice graphics and a ht-8 adapter. And let`s start with the box. There has been some discussion about the new packaging by Hisky. Some have said that it doesn`t look very sturdy and strong, but as soon as you hold the box, you feel that Hisky has really put some effort in this package. Dispite the box being hardly any bigger than the heli itself, it is incredibly strong. it is folded in the right way and the heli is held on its place by some extra cardboard supports. The small spare parts box is fitted nice and snug underneath the tailboom and the cd with the instruction manual is underneath it. A big plus for Hisky on the design of this eco-friendly packaging.

Enough about the package, what`s inside besides the HCP100S? There is a small cd with the instructionmanual and a small box containing spares inside. The spares are the following:
1 set of spare neon green main blades
1 spare tailrotor
1 small screwdriver
1 small hex wrench (used for tightening the blade grips)
1 small plastic bag containing several screws, a feathering shaft, servo linkages, swash linkages and a couple of pieces of double sided
mounting tape. (even the small main gear screw is in there)
1 lipo battery 2s 450Mah
Yet again Hisky has thought things over and provided us with the most crucial spares we need.

First impressions.
After carefully taking the HCP100S out of its packaging and holding it in my hands for the first time, I can only say that I am really impressed. The colors and design of the canopy are stunning. She looks really good just sitting on the shelf. The tail motor mount is very impressive. It is the first time I have seen such a design and it makes the tail look nice and beefy, dispite the tailmotor being really small. It also provides enough strength to protect the brushless outrunner in a crash. The tail case floats around the tailmotor so to say. The tailrotor has a new design, it is a little bigger and has less pitch than the v922. Probably because of the higher rpm`s that the 8200kv tail motor provides. The frame itself also feels very strong. It has no flex whatsoever and looks like it can take a beating. The mount for the tail boom feel equally strong and holds the tail without any play at all, assisted by the screws that go into the tailboom trough the frame and tailmotor mount.
When you take the canopy of, you reveall the internals of the heli. On the front of the frame you can see the flight control board with directly underneath it the double esc for the main and tail motor. Behind the esc on the left side of the frame is the brushless 8000kv outrunner main motor. A relatively small outrunner that hopefully packs an incredible punch. The wires from the esc to the main motor are tucked away nicely between the esc and canopy post. On the righthandside you have the elevator servo just behind the esc. The tailmotorwires come out of the esc on that side and go around the elevator servo into the tailboom in between the pitch and aileron servo at the back of the frame. These wires are extremely thin and I will probably end up rerouting them and replacing them with a thicker diameter wire. Something that is also noticable, the motor wires have small connectors just after the esc. these connectors appear to fit nicely and provide a good contact for the wires. I will be fitting a piece of heatshrink around them to be sure they won`t separate during flight.
At the bottom are the landing skids with integrated battery mount. Nothing fancy to say about the skids. They look very similar to all the other microheli skids. They do appear to be less flexible than the HCP100 ones, but are really sturdy. The battery mount is a bit to wide for the 450 lipo. It almost looks like Hisky intended to use a different size lipo, but switched later on after prototyping was done. This does give us aftermarket lipo possibility`s. The battery mount holds the lipo well, but it is far from a snug with and I do not expect the lipo to stay in place after a hard crash.
Last but not least: The headassembly. Nothing much to say here. Most of these parts are similar to the HCP100 and v922. The blade grips don`t look much different and neither do the head and swash. The swash has been turned around to make some roome for the bigger main motor and the antirotation guide is on the right instead of the left. The main shaft is made out of metal and looks nice. Only time will tell how it will hold up in a crash.

As I already said, I am really impressed with this heli. It has a lot of strong points and good things going for it. Is it all good? No. Unfortunately I have encountered some things about this heli that I really don`t like. First of all, the thickness of the canopy. This heli feels so incredibly solid, but the beautyfull canopy is really thin. Matrixflyer already warned me for this, but I didn`t expect the plastic to be so thin. It kind of reminds me of my nano cpx. One off the first things I will be doing is coat the inside of the canopy with plastidip too beef it up. Not only the canopy is thin, the motorwires are also pretty thin, especially the tail motor wires. The main motor wires are tucked away safely, but the tail motor wires are pretty exposed. they are guided quite loosely past the elevator servo gears into the hollow tail boom. I expect a lot of short in these wires and will be rerouting the wires. As I said, the tailboom is secured into the frame and tail mount with a small srew. the screw is long enough to reach the inside of the hollw tail boom, where the tiny tail motor wires are. I dont wan`t those wires to short out on those screws. Yet another reason to reroute them on the outside of the tailboom. Besides these small flaws I have noticed one really important thing I would like to point out. The maingear is held on its place with a small Philips head screw. This screw sticks out underneath the heli just enough to touch the lipo. You have to push the lipo all the way to the front of the battery mount to prevent the screw from digging into the side of the lipo. This should have been done better.

What are my conclusions after unboxing this heli? Dispite some small flaws, this looks to be the best thought out microheli I have seen so far. The quality on this heli is amazing compared to other manufacturers and I am really looking forward to flying this heli when the weather allows.

Last but not least, I wan`t to give a big shout out to James for his support on the forum and making it possible, together with Banggood.com, for me to review this beautyfull bird.

Hisky HCP100S unboxing.:
Hisky HCP100S unboxing. (6 min 39 sec)
Dutchdrifting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

reserved for flight review
Dutchdrifting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HCP100S Won't even get off the ground

I received my new HCP100S last week. I paired it with the Hisky x-6s remote, but can't even get the copter to remotely get off the ground. The servos act sluggish and seem to respond and change even without control from the remote. I am a newbie, but have been flying a few other 100 series copters for some months. Did you have to severely alter any perimeters before flying? I am concerned that this beast may be faulty...I have never had a copter that won't even get an inch off the ground....It tries to immediately flip over regardless of how much response you send. Anyone else out there have this problem? If I am posting in the wrong area please let me know....I'm an older guy and not totally sure where to ask. Thanks!
Mantisbass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisbass View Post
I received my new HCP100S last week. I paired it with the Hisky x-6s remote, but can't even get the copter to remotely get off the ground. The servos act sluggish and seem to respond and change even without control from the remote. I am a newbie, but have been flying a few other 100 series copters for some months. Did you have to severely alter any perimeters before flying? I am concerned that this beast may be faulty...I have never had a copter that won't even get an inch off the ground....It tries to immediately flip over regardless of how much response you send. Anyone else out there have this problem? If I am posting in the wrong area please let me know....I'm an older guy and not totally sure where to ask. Thanks!
The only things i could think of is are you applying any cyclic input before take-off and are you letting it set level and stable during binding proccess?
Tseeley0203 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I just received mine today and it's doing the same thing. The servos just move all by themselves. I had it on the floor at about 1/3 throttle and then all by itself it tipped over on it's side. Thankfully it didn't hurt anything but it's like it has a mind of it's own. I'm guessing I need to adjust the sensitivity. I've been flying big heli's for over 30 years but this is my first micro. Thanks
sdtheclub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 05:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you supposed to reverse any channels in your radio?

Almost sounds like your pitch is reversed, if so the gyro would definitely do some strange things like you describe. If it's sitting on the ground getting negative pitch the gyro wont know how to act.

Make sure you're getting positive pitch when you're above mid stick and negative pitch below mid stick.

I know most of the micros don't like to be on the ground even when things are right. I know my MCPX-BL liked to be popped of the ground pretty quick or it would get twitchy.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to reverse some channels on the Taranis with the HT-6, Collective, Elevator and Rudder. I had to seriously limit the collective throw(50%), my first flight was 5 seconds of mimicking a piston in a petrol engine at full rev.

It's a fun bird, if somewhat crazy.

-
CoolBear
CoolBear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I wish the instructions mentioned was to not set you throttle curve over 50% for the first few flights until you get things sorted. It's a beastie.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HCP100S will do some crazy things if the receiver/sat combination is not sending proper signals for the TX you are using...

Initially, I wanted to bind an Orange 110 using the AR7200BX with My DX9, but that did not bode well, for reasons I could never understand

I ended up with an AR6210 and it's companion sat, which worked out great

It seems that certain combinations do not properly communicate with the HCP100S's 3n1
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 08:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
The HCP100S will do some crazy things if the receiver/sat combination is not sending proper signals for the TX you are using...

Initially, I wanted to bind an Orange 110 using the AR7200BX with My DX9, but that did not bode well, for reasons I could never understand

I ended up with an AR6210 and it's companion sat, which worked out great

It seems that certain combinations do not properly communicate with the HCP100S's 3n1
That's not exclusive of a sat. Mine did some pretty crazy stuff using the included transmitter, which was not setup RTF by any means. Nothing like your brand new heli doing the chicken dance at first spool up.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for everyone's reply's. I ended up turning down the D/R on the ailerons and RPM and then just held my breath and took off. It's a lot more squirrelly then anything I have flown before which makes it a lot of fun to fly. It still doesn't like to sit on the ground spooled up but it is what it is. I bought the package deal that came with the X-6S radio. I had bought this for my son but I don't think he will be able to fly it anytime soon. Definitely not something you learn on. Again thanks for all the help.
sdtheclub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtheclub View Post
Thank you for everyone's reply's. I ended up turning down the D/R on the ailerons and RPM and then just held my breath and took off. It's a lot more squirrelly then anything I have flown before which makes it a lot of fun to fly. It still doesn't like to sit on the ground spooled up but it is what it is. I bought the package deal that came with the X-6S radio. I had bought this for my son but I don't think he will be able to fly it anytime soon. Definitely not something you learn on. Again thanks for all the help.
Check out the V977 for something your son might be able to learn on. The 6g mode is almost as easy as a coaxial!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HCP100S

Have one coming from Banggood. Is there a SPM for DX6/DX9?
Allelectrik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2017, 02:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hisky hcp100s with x 6s radio

I am facing the same problem, like sdtheclub ,with my hcp100s +x 6s radio.please give me some suggestions to solve it.thanks
Jk150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in