Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Bandit's Barless now too!!!!

Just got the Microbeast today.. 1:30AM and all installed. Started at about 7pm. Complete rebuild of the Blade though too. Old frame was CA'd together more times than I will admit LOL. Boom had 3 crooks in it HAHAHA. .
Pics soon. One thing that kinda bugs me is I got so,e turnbuckles from, gawd, I can't remember now, Ti ones. But they are kinda long. So I got to run my RJX head up higher . Not really sure if I'll notice the 4mm higher blades, but they look cooler when they are lower for sure.
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats! One thing to make sure you take a very close look at is that on high swash angles (left and right) where you begin to push 12 deg grip angles with the RJX head is that the link ends clear the swash. Mine were popping off due to binding against the swash. They need to rock freely at full tilt. The RJX head reduces the grip angle by a full 2 to 1. Using my now retired sonix head with 40% less swash angle I was getting 14/14 pitch. I may pop it back on if I ever go hardcore 3D with one of my 3 fbl 450s.
I solved this on my helis by filing the link ends so I had high swash angle clearance.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

All I can say is WOW!!!!!! got a 4 minute maiden in. Set tail gain 63% rock solid. It is windy out. Enough wind that FB would be pitching and rolling and needing constant cyclic attention. To much attn for me to be comfortable. BeastX hovered solid. Could see a little head wobble I guess you would call it. Ever so slight. Must just be its reaction to the wind. Slight CCW Yaw on hard pitch up, but havn't played with the precomp or any parameters yet.

BTW, I'm V3 too.

I allready want one for the Protos but need $$$$
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Congrats! One thing to make sure you take a very close look at is that on high swash angles (left and right) where you begin to push 12 deg grip angles with the RJX head is that the link ends clear the swash. Mine were popping off due to binding against the swash. They need to rock freely at full tilt. The RJX head reduces the grip angle by a full 2 to 1. Using my now retired sonix head with 40% less swash angle I was getting 14/14 pitch. I may pop it back on if I ever go hardcore 3D with one of my 3 fbl 450s.
I solved this on my helis by filing the link ends so I had high swash angle clearance.
Ya I'm noticing the RJX seems a little lacking on the cyclic. I'm using Sonix Swash too. Either the grip pitch levers need to be shorter, or the Swash needs to be larger Diameter on the center section. I have about 12* right now. I'm in the blue on the BeastX for all settings though. Just barely.
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using a preset such as sport in the beastx. That will make your cyclic feel a bit soft. Bump it up a notch every flight and see. You may end up in tx setting. Also in parameters go ahead and use slightly increased on the cyclic sensitivity and use revo tail precomp on low making sure the tail is pre correcting in the correct direction. Pitch boost is entirely up to you. My initial test flight on v3 on my stretch was on sport but with slightly increased cyclic sensitivity and it felt pretty decent but after some more flights I have settled on extreme with slightly increased cyclic in parameters and it rolls like a rocket ship! On v2 I was in tx control with elevated endpoints but that is not needed on V3 I imagine that would be pretty hairy with V3. Head wobble could be to low headspeed but more than likely if pot 1 is at the default setting you need to lower it a couple 2 or 3 marks if you are using analog servos.
Cheers!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm using Tx mode.
D/R Expo
Aile 82 27
Elev 82 27
Rud 90 18

Man, she flips fast!!! Faster than KBDD paddles on the mid hole. Smooth though. 11* both cyclic and collective. What I noticed right away is when I stop during a flip, to say, inverted. It stops and holds that heli aditude. It doesnt continue to roll or slowly creep with the wind. The wind pushes it yes, but the heli stays oriented where I want. MUCH easier for inverted. No constant corrections or drifting roll. It's windy, gusts to 16mph there abouts and she stable as can be. More stable than the Protos in no wind.......
Guess who's getting a MB next lol
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would be willing to bet that extreme with cyclic sensitvity set to slightly increased in parameters will give you a better feeling heli on v3 but to each his own. Your gonna love it but I warn you it is additive HA! I will never ever buy a flybared heli again.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dunno if I\d call myself ready for extreme yet. I might try it tho
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

congrats man.. pictures pictures.. where..
ZMR 250
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Soon. Just built a T450 clone for a bud and setup. Showed him the basics. Another Planker I think converted!!!! man, T450's are sloww compared to B400's hehehe
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

FBL are a lot e-z to fly I think. I do find myself flying in windy conditions that I use not to fly in.

I'm still in just forward flight, no rolls, loops and stuff yet.
dla2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK Some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	250253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	250254   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	250255  
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks great! But that 500 gear on there just does not look right but just my opinion. Dont think you really need it anymore since you get the heli up and down no problem. You will save a ton of weight getting rid of it and yes the 400 stock landing gear sucks and gorilla gear is to spongy!. No better than stock but doesn't breakHA!. Get some 450 sport landing gear on there, It will look a lot better proportioned. Again just my opinion so dont yell at me.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Looks great! But that 500 gear on there just does not look right but just my opinion. Dont think you really need it anymore since you get the heli up and down no problem. You will save a ton of weight getting rid of it and yes the 400 stock landing gear sucks and gorilla gear is to spongy!. No better than stock but doesn't breakHA!. Get some 450 sport landing gear on there, It will look a lot better proportioned. Again just my opinion so dont yell at me.
I totally agree, and have had the gorillia gear before. But it costs me way to much in tail blades. Even the Protos is almost to low. I fly from gravel and grass alot. Country setting here and I havn't figred out a launching mat I like yet. Plus thats just anothiern thing to lug around. I often just grab the helis and couple batts and go for a drive, find some field somewhere.
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
I totally agree, and have had the gorillia gear before. But it costs me way to much in tail blades. Even the Protos is almost to low. I fly from gravel and grass alot. Country setting here and I havn't figred out a launching mat I like yet. Plus thats just anothiern thing to lug around. I often just grab the helis and couple batts and go for a drive, find some field somewhere.

It is always a matter of opinion but there are hundreds of guys running the 500 skids on their 450s who love them on multiple forums. Most comment that they hated the tiny 450 skids off the get go. On my kind of flying in grass and uneven terrain running any kind of wimpy 450 skids is sheer stupidity. Due to imperfections hidden by the grass I just lost way too many tail assemblies and even toppled a few with huge losses to the head assembly. I will never go back to 450 skids ever again! Just my 2c. As a matter of fact I knacked a scale heli just last week even running the 500 skids due to a dip hidden by the grass. It really pd me off!

Nice work Bandit!! Lookin hawt!!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thx LMH, What Scale heli did you knack?
How many you got now BTW??

Oh and I would take another look at BeastX fro FBL. the V3 is all the rage now. Apparently leaps over V2. I know you had reservations on it, and prefer Vbar. But I think it's a contender now for sure
"Tri-Flow"
Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
Thx LMH, What Scale heli did you knack?
How many you got now BTW??

Oh and I would take another look at BeastX fro FBL. the V3 is all the rage now. Apparently leaps over V2. I know you had reservations on it, and prefer Vbar. But I think it's a contender now for sure
Lets see, I have 13 helis now. And all of them are fully modded. I love it!

I ended up with two brand new Skookum 720s with bus's, a Sk360 on another build, and I did look very hard at the Vbar. But a deal I was working on fell through just about the time the Skookum did their last software upgrade. The bailout feature and superior tail won out. I just flew one of my 6s modded stretched helis on its maiden just hours ago, and the tail is freaking unbelievable. Much better even than the Vbar which was the choice for guys flying in 3D competition. It even put my competition Gy611 tail gyro to shame.
Plus, I can almost tip the heli over and flip a toggle and it snaps right flat into a stable hover also. I hope this helps end my wrecking spree!

And with the MksDs95 cyclics I have the ability to tune the head response up to a lightning fast speed. I can literally have it flip over on itself so fast it is just a blurr. The expert setting features are quite frankly way beyond my skill set. Plus the vibe analysis just plain rocks. I tuned my heli today down to an amazing .1 vibe by using the system to weed out small vibrating parts. It actually tells you what they are and what is going wrong. In essence most the guess work is gone. By the time of the second flight the hover was so quiet and smooth it was unspeakable. You know how anal I am, but this just raised it to a whole new level. My credit card hates me though!

I did hear the new software for the Beast brought it around the corner from being just a basic entry level fbl system into something even the guys on the flybarless forums are beginning to talk about! Plus no huge projects like I had to do mounting my system into the body. And an easy setup too from what I hear.

Congrats Bandit! Man I am jacked to see you up and flying bro!! Flybarless too! It took me years to get this far and you are ripping it up in 1/4 the time. Geeez!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in