Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Memphis Propbusters Helicopter Fly-In August 23-24 2014

Gentlemen,

The Memphis Propbusters will be holding their Second Annual helicopter fly-in at the club field in Arlington, TN on August 23-24, 2014. AMA card will be required. Landing fee is $20.
Our field features and all grass runway with eight flight stations, covered pavilions, and electrical power. Please see our club website for details about hotels and camping. There are a few RV parking spots on the ends of the field, but no hookups. Lots of grass for tent camping if you wish. We have installed many additional electrical outlets and greatly expanded our covered pit area from last year.
At this time we're not planning on any pro pilots, demo flights, contests, or raffles, just a casual get together for helicopter pilots of ALL skill levels.
As we did last year, I will be enforcing a 30 foot Safety Zone, as well as lateral protected airspace for each flight station. The only helicopter maneuvering allowed inside the Safety Zone is takeoff and landings.
Fortune Model Products will have his crew on site with a wide selection of the finest helicopter parts (and entire helos) to keep you flying in the unlikely event of a mishap.
I will be CD'ing this event, so if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me thru PM.
We are really looking forward to hosting this event and can't wait to see you there!!
FireNWater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Additional Safety Rules for Event

To enhance everyone's safety and comfort level during this event, we are going to be instituting several safety measures. These will be enforced by club management.
1) A 30 foot Zero Line will be established from the pilot flight stations. The only flight operations allowed inside the Zero Line will be takeoffs and landings.
2) Lines delineating the horizontal limits of the pilot�s flight box will be established. These lines will extend to the outer edge of the runway and will be "protected airspace" while you are operating your helicopter. All flying past the edge of the runway is unprotected.

a) Sharing of adjacent flight boxes is allowed with prior agreement of the pilots.

b) A pilot may utilize adjacent unused flight boxes, but must immediately cease once another pilot takes that flight box.

3) In the event of a crashed helicopter, all other helicopters must be landed before proceeding past the pilot�s fence to retrieve the model. Club management will provide signaling devices to alert other pilots of a mishap.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, one week to go before the Memphis Propbusters helo fly-in. We're looking forward to having a fun event this year.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You know I'll stop by!
Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ill be there

sent from my phone using circus midgets
Old 08-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Count me in.
Scorpion Motors
justinspicer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll be out painting the lines tomorrow prepping the field for Saturday's fly-in. If anyone wants to show up Friday afternoon and get a head start, I'll be out there.
Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in