Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help programming a DX7

I'm new to this forum, however I've been lurking, trying to find out as much as possible about the Huey.
I've set up my DX7 transmitter according to the instructions on the DVD that came with the Huey. There's one section of the instructions that I don't understand. I don't have a lot of experience programming the transmitter because I have been flying an MCPX which didn't require what I'm about to inquire about.

Here's the quote from the directions:

"Remote tail gain allows you to adjust the tail gain from the transmitter. To use the remote tail gain feature for the tail gyro, follow the steps below:

1. Plug the yellow gain wire from the gyro into the Gear Channel on the receiver.

2. Activate the Gyro menu in your transmitter.

3. Assign Gyro menu to control Channel 5/Gear. For further information please refer to your transmitter's manual.

Refer to your transmitter manual to assign different switches for Stunt mode Throttle Hold"

It appears that the yellow wire from the Gyro is already plugged into the Gear Channel on the receiver. I can't figure out how to assign the Gyro menu to control Channel 5/ Gear. I'm able to select Swashplate Type but where do I assign the Gyro to Channel 5 / Gear ?

I can use AUX2 as Throttle Hold but I can't find a feature in the DX7 to assign the Gyro menu to control Channel 5/ Gear.

Help !!
Gene netnarc2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have a DX7 so I don't know how the menus work, but I could try and point you in the right direction. There should be a settings menu, the list of items that includes the swash mix. It'll have stuff like mix1, mix2, swash mix, throttle curve, pitch curve etc etc... One of those menu items will be gyro or it'll be a sub menu that will take you to the gyro settings. If you have the manual for your Dx7, look up anything to do with gyro and it should take you to the menu you need. From there, you may have to activate it in order for it to work, but once you do you can set the gain up from there and attach it to a switch. Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but like I said, I don't have a 7.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, so I had to look it up, I found the DX7 manual online. Looks like you have to get to the "input select" function. Here, read this:

To Select the Function for the AUX 2 Channel
Press the
DOWN and SELECT keys simultaneously, then turn on the transmitter.
Press the
UP or DOWN key until the Input Select function appears on screen.
Press the
SELECT key until AUX 2 is highlighted.
Press the
INCREASE or DECREASE key to select the desired function.
The Auxiliary 2 channel options are

INH
:
Inhibit is selected if the gyro function will not be used on the Aux 2 channel.

F.MODE
:
In this mode, the AUX 2 channel is controlled by the flight mode switch and three positions are available. Sub
trim and travel adjust are used to set the center and endpoints for each switch position.

AUX 2
:
The Auxiliary 2 switch controls the AUX 2 Channel.

GYRO
:
The gyro mode is selected if you want to use the Gyro Sensing (see page 96 for more details). Selecting GYRO
under AUX 2 assigns the gyro sensing program to operate use the AUX 2 channel. In this case the gyro gain

must be plugged into the AUX 2 (Channel 7) channel.

Once you have the gyro function enabled how you want, then you do this:

Gyro Sensing
The DX7 offers two different types of Gyro Sensitivity Adjustments — manual or automatic. This feature gives
the user the choice of selecting gyro sensitivity manually through the rudder dual rate switch or automatically
through the flight mode switch.
[GYRO SENS]
AUTO F.MODE
RATE:
0: 50%
1: 50%
NORM:0
STNT:0
Press to enter
GYRO SENS
Press to enter
Function Mode
Press to return
value to default
Press to select
desired function
To Access the Gyro Sensing Function
In function mode, press the
up or down key until GYRO SENS screen appears on the screen.
Use the
Select key to highlight the desired rate or flight mode .
Press the
increase or decrease key to change the rate value or the select position 0 or 1 for
each flight mode.

Note
: In order to access the Gyro Sensing function, it is necessary to select Gyro in the Input
Select screen and assign it to AUX 2 or the gear channel. See page 78 for more details.

Manual Gyro Sensitivity Adjustment
Manual Gyro Sensitivity Adjustment allows the pilot to select from two different gyro sensitivities during all flight
conditions. This function is activated in conjunction with the rudder dual rate switch.
Automatic Gyro Sensitivity Adjustment
The Automatic Gyro Sensitivity Adjustment feature allows the pilot to automatically alter the sensitivity of
the gyro from either of two predetermined settings through the use of the flight mode switch. As different
flight modes are selected (Normal, 1, 2, Hold), the Gyro’s sensitivity rate will switch to the predetermined
compensation rate for each particular flight mode in use.

There, that should cover it
Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll try it.
Gene netnarc2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in