Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Blades Boiled & Balanced!

Have you seen this video on Youtube where the guy boils his CX2 blades? First, he tests them by laying them on a flat surface. The rounded corner at the tip should lay flat. Many do, many don't. If not, drop them in a saucepan of boiling water for 60-90 seconds. When finished, the boiled blades will lay flat.

Well I tried it, and it works. And it seemed to improve my bird's ability to maintain a steady hover. I had a minor fishbowl problem (2' diameter swirl) and it was reduced.

Then I tried balancing the blades and it made a dramatic difference. I paired up all my spares according to weight and both my CX2s fly much better. I had a rock steady hover on my old one. The thing looked like it was sitting on a pedastal with NO right stick input. I haven't been able to do that in a while.

Last edited by Patriot Front; 02-12-2009 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: grammar
Patriot Front is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default My Blade Balancing Gizmo

I took some Amp terminals and superglued them to a nice flat piece of wood, spacing them to accomodate a pair of lowers, uppers, and even a flybar:

With lots of spare blades, I was able to marry them up without using much tape. I bundle the pairs with rubber bands and if I brake one, I replace both. The loosies eventually get paired up.

Patriot Front is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
balance, balancing, blades, boil, boiling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in