Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default X9303 vs dx7

is the X9303 worth the extra money?
clayboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayboy View Post
is the X9303 worth the extra money?
If you do not like a cheap feeling radio and like easier programming, want the extra channels :wink:

I hated the way a DX7 felt in my hands myself.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is to me.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to jump to the rescue of the dx7 here. If you put a $500 price tag on the dx7 I think it would magically start "feeling" expensive. The most important thing to me is responsiveness and fact is, the dx7 is a good 10ms faster in response than a x9303 even with 2048 capable receivers.

Anyways, feel them both out for your self if you haven't already but spektrum has delivered a real gem to the rc community with the dx7 and they could have gotten a lot more $$ for it than it's priced so be thankful for the approachable price and if you have to exhagerate about shotty build quailty in order to justify a X9303 than I'd say you don't have enough reason to go for the X9303, if you're happy with the dx7, stay happy, your wallet will thank you too!
mjr_larkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both and simply like the way the X9303 feels in my hands. The programming is easier and more
intuitive. Worth the money? For me yes.
gmohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

....plus the way that the manufacturers have turned everyone into hair-splitters thinking that they HAVE to have higher resolution and OH MY GOD 10 EXTRA MS I GOTTA WAIT FOR THE HELI TO RESPOND??
Just get the radio you feel is adequate. Don't piss away money trying to be a part of "that" crowd. I've got an X9303 but it's because I out-grew the 7102....not for the reasons some people do. I wish they'd have made an 8 channel version and that would have been the one I bought. I do like it, but the DX-7 is every bit as capable for the average pilot.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well higher resolution and lower latency aren't the same thing, couldn't tell if you were saying they are. The X9303 is capable of higher resolution while the dx7 has the latency edge. I wouldn't pay attention to 10ms except that I play first person shooters online now and then and 10ms ends up meaning something in that world. I agree with you, choose the stick that fits you. I think this discussion is beneficial because it's a natural question to ask the differences between these two. I've seen most pros using the x9303 for what that counts for but Jason Krouse uses a dx7.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was wondering if the x9303 has better gimbles. I've seen mods to add ball bearings to the gimbles of the dx7. I have a dx6i and am not overly impressed by what I see inside. Way to much plastic. But for the price, the dx6i has got me back into r/c without to much back pressure from my wife.

widower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr_larkin View Post
Well higher resolution and lower latency aren't the same thing, couldn't tell if you were saying they are. The X9303 is capable of higher resolution while the dx7 has the latency edge. I wouldn't pay attention to 10ms except that I play first person shooters online now and then and 10ms ends up meaning something in that world. I agree with you, choose the stick that fits you. I think this discussion is beneficial because it's a natural question to ask the differences between these two. I've seen most pros using the x9303 for what that counts for but Jason Krouse uses a dx7.
Oh, I know the difference. I'm just quickly becoming a bit cynical listening to all of the nonsense on all of the forums. Are you guys aware of how long RC has been around? They started out with AM radios waaaayyy back. FM came about and it was as revolutionary as DSM is now. I just roll my eyes every time someone makes a decision based on 10 ms worth of a whole pile of BS. Or having 2048 resolution....what a load of crap. Those of you who think it makes THAT much of a difference are either on the invite list to XFC every year or are just taking placebos. To each their own, keep on believing what you will, but know this: Somewhere out there a newcomer is being coerced into buying WAY more radio than they need in a hobby that they don't even know that they're going to stick with. I can't be the only one on this forum who feels this way.
Ok....That ends my ranting. I really do like my 9303, but I like it for it's ease of use....not for resolution or latency. That shouldn't even be an issue for a newcomer. The features are a bit more than the average beginner needs, but I've grown into them quite nicely over the years and won't go without them now.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by N11634 View Post
Oh, I know the difference. I'm just quickly becoming a bit cynical listening to all of the nonsense on all of the forums. Are you guys aware of how long RC has been around? They started out with AM radios waaaayyy back. FM came about and it was as revolutionary as DSM is now. I just roll my eyes every time someone makes a decision based on 10 ms worth of a whole pile of BS. Or having 2048 resolution....what a load of crap. Those of you who think it makes THAT much of a difference are either on the invite list to XFC every year or are just taking placebos. To each their own, keep on believing what you will, but know this: Somewhere out there a newcomer is being coerced into buying WAY more radio than they need in a hobby that they don't even know that they're going to stick with. I can't be the only one on this forum who feels this way.
Ok....That ends my ranting. I really do like my 9303, but I like it for it's ease of use....not for resolution or latency. That shouldn't even be an issue for a newcomer. The features are a bit more than the average beginner needs, but I've grown into them quite nicely over the years and won't go without them now.

Definitely detect some cynicism there. From reading all that I'm not sure if you are expressing an option with regard to the topic of this thread "X9303 vs dx7" or if it was just a rant. Seems clear you don't care for technical "mobo jumbo" and that's fine, but people do these latency tests and retrieve other analytic info for a reason. I'm glad they do, but I won't act on those numbers alone. Seems clear that this thread was made because the two radios have so many similarities, the point is to find out what the differences are, however technical. Afterall, these radios are a feat of "technical" engineering and those engineers sure as hell ran tests that helped them deliver the best product. No one at least in this thread is claiming they chose their radio based on a single factor so need for cynicism but you do what you will.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From a price standpoint the DX7 is a lot of radio.
Trex 500 w/ 9650's and JR770/8900G
DJ NeX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 02:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
HF Support

I have had the DX7 for a year and the 9303 for 2 months - suffice to say I'm just programming my first heli into it - can't say it feels a whole lot better than the DX7 - as far as programming I found the Device Select thing a PIA and if it wasn't for Bob's video would probably be still wondering how to setup gyro and gov. So I'd have to say No unless you need more than 7 channels.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

While these two radios are almost identical, there are two things that the dx7 can't do, that I know of and would have liked. Firstly on the x9303, you are able to to adjust piro rates for both directions in the aim of getting the same rate in both directions. Secondly, the x9303 has support for 140 degree ccpm while on the dx7 you will have to create a mix.

Just thought I would share.......
Old 05-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can adjust separately piro rate in each direction with DX7 if you fly like most of us in AVSC (HH) mode by setting the rudder Travel Adjustment end points differently for L and R.
mmarian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in