Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 pro RJX head

Hey freaks, bought a RJX head off another guy on helifreak a while back and went to install it and set it up last night to find with the stock 450 pro swash to servo links are sorta too short. I can't get the follower arms 90 degrees at mid stick which I know isn't a huge deal, but getting the swash in the center of its travel is. With my swash in the center of travel at mid stick I had to unscrew the swash to servo links a couple turns each end. My question is

A. Is there a known standard for how many threads should be in the ball link on this size heli? I don't want the ball link pulling off the rod mid flight!!! I've attached a picture of how far they are unscrewed.

B. Is anyone else using this head with all the stock 450 pro linkages if so how did you set it up?

I seen I can buy some longer ones made for the sport but they are too long to use for getting my swash center. They would probably be the correct length for getting the arms 90 degrees but then it looks like my swash will be too high so I'd have to use the lower hole on the head which defeats the purpose of why I wanted this head, low COG. so yeah I'm kinda stuck here.

Almost seems like I need the dfc main shafts but I really don't want to buy those for this one head. I have other 450's and heads that all use the standard shafts and don't want to have multiple parts around. Worst case I may trade this for a stock align 450 FbL head and be done but I would love to use this head. It looks awesome. Oh btw I'm using the upper hole on this head so it's as low as I can get it. Thanks and sorry for rambling! any info would be great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	618866  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used DFC shaft with RJX head. Swash follower arms are never level at mid-stick. I don't have any problem with that for about 1.5 years.

I am using HeliOption's turnbuckle linkage between servo and swashplate. Also, servo arms were set to 90 degree too at mid-stick. I used the linkage length from DFC manual to start with and then made small adjustment to level the swashplate.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I have servo arms 90 at mid stick. I'm just trying to get the swash in the center of travel but I'm having to unscrew my links too far for comfort. Don't really wanna get dfc shafts when everything else uses regular buuuut that may be the fix. That or longer rods if I can find the right length.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using Helioption turnbuckles between servo and swashplate. I got swashplate at center travel. Turnbuckle linkage length are based upon DFC manual (I use DFC main shaft). In your case, using Pro main shaft, you should follow Pro manual.

However, I need to cut down the length of the linkage between swashplate and blade grips to get equal amount of pitch at max. and mini stick. Also, I picked the lower hole in RJX head to insert the Jesus Bolt.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in