Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My first upgrades

so bought the mcpx V2 only 2 weeks ago and flew a bit last weekend and already thinking of upgrading some parts

btw I have already modded my tailboom to a 2.5mm solid CF rod.

1. KBDD extreme edition green main and rotor blades
2. Hyperion G3 CX 250mah batteries x 4
3. Parallel (6x) JST-PHR-2 Charge Cable
4. Xtreme canopy

I will get the MH swashplate end of month as already spent a fortune this month

was thinking of getting my order from http://www.fast-lad.co.uk as it seems cheaper than midland and has the hyperion batteries....

any recommendations ?

Last edited by godwisper; 03-20-2012 at 10:01 AM..
godwisper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

stock parts are really the best ones. If you want to have some fun with upgrades have at it, they usually wont improve your flying, just the deletion of your bank account.

The KBDD blades suck on my stock mcpx, others say they are better for brushless setups. I prefer the stock bullet blades, they are superior to KBDD.

What kinds of battery charger do you have?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

uhm that will make me re think about getting the blades....the canopy I need it cause I almost broke the stock one...

as battery charger I just bought a lipo charger/balancer from my LHS so that I can charge batteries in the field.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwisper View Post
so bought the mcpx V2 only 2 weeks ago and flew a bit last weekend and already thinking of upgrading some parts

4. Xtreme canopy

was thinking of getting my order from http://www.fast-lad.co.uk as it seems cheaper than midland and has the hyperion batteries....

any recommendations ?
The Hyperion 250's are good batteries and they are half the price of the eFlite batteries. Plus you can charge them at up to 5c. I like the KBDD blades. Mine have been through numerous crashes and they are still holding up well. And they are easier for me to see compared to the stock blades.
bmitchell138 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have the MH swash and notice that my blades track real well and it flys around better. You should also install the 6 inch solid carbon boom to hold tail better and more robust. I also swapped the orignal tail motor wires out for some cat 5 coated wires. I have 6 hyperion 250 and the 6 way paralell charger cable and like that setup very well. I also have the xtreme canopy and skids on it, so far so good. All and all I can say I just love this little bird and it has helped me to learn how to 3d a heli tremendously! Soon to be brushless as well. With the upgrades that I have done has transformed from something that I crashed constantly to something very stable and a great tool to learn with and she now looks more like a baby trex...
Hoghunter7mm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

dont bother using the kbdd tail rotor. The tail rotor that comes stock on the V2 is MUCH better.

The hyperions are a great choice along with the 6 plug charge cable.

Upgrades really arent needed, but are fun nonetheless.

I have 4 brushless mcpx's and only one has any bling on it Just cause i wanted to spend some cash..lol.
skeppley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks to all ...just ordered all of the above except the kbdd main and rotor blades for now....maybe will order next week with the swashplate but will see

any suggestion on what best settings to put in my charger to charge the 4 x hyperion 250 and the 2 stock flight 200mah ?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

just add all the packs up and charge at 1C
250x4= 1000 plus 200x2=400, so 1400 or 1.4 amps

The hyperions can be charged at 5C, but i rarely charge mine at more than 2c for longevity. So if you are gonna only put the four hyperions on the charger, you can do:
250X4=1000. So 1 amp at 1C, 2Amps at 2C, or even up to 5AMPS for 5C with all four on there !!!
skeppley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwisper View Post

btw I have already modded my tailboom to a 2.5mm solid CF rod.

4. Xtreme canopy

any recommendations ?
1. I really like my KBDD blades, I got the orange ones and like the extra visual indication and also believe they pop pretty well. My second favorite is the stock bullet blades. (I have not tried the KBDD tail blades Ive never had a problem with my V2 blades.

2 & 3 No experience with these

4. Extreme Canopy is so tough compared to stock. I've ran mine into concrete, fences, grass, trees whatever and it holds up great.

Also plus one on the aluminum swash I've had the Rakon on for some serious crashes and so far so good!!
MoparRob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I favor the white KBDDs, but thats just me.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only trouble with the Xtreme cano is that it's so tough you break canopy pins easier.
MiataJohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is a good tail upgrade......or in other words what set and where to get them? That seems to be the only issue that I am having. And when I go inverted I feel like there is not enough negative pitch to hob it back right side up. I usually end up crashing it cause I can't get it back right side up. It's really annoying. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in.
R2Destroyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Opinions on tails will vary. I use the single motor tail holder from astroid http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...l-motor-mounts and a counter-clockwise main motor from the MCX2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Blad...item415cd3bca9

As to the lack of negative pitch, try turning down all 3 servo links by a full turn each, or more if necessary. What you should do is to level your swash and check for zero pitch at mid stick (see the mCPX bible in the stickies) , but try turning down the links as a quick and easy fix.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKHeliBob View Post
Opinions on tails will vary. I use the single motor tail holder from astroid http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...l-motor-mounts and a counter-clockwise main motor from the MCX2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Blad...item415cd3bca9

As to the lack of negative pitch, try turning down all 3 servo links by a full turn each, or more if necessary. What you should do is to level your swash and check for zero pitch at mid stick (see the mCPX bible in the stickies) , but try turning down the links as a quick and easy fix.

which way do you turn the links to shorten them?
Derfman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfman View Post
Clockwise.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfman View Post
Do you really need to post such a question to a forum and wait 49 minutes for an answer?
Try and find out!

(sorry NCcraig)
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKHeliBob View Post

Ah thank you. I will try this out. I did set zero pitch and what not. I am just Loki g for a tail that doesn't blow our as easy.
R2Destroyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I highly recommend the KBDD rear rotor, both for brushed and brushless. Together with a 2,5 cm longer and solid tail (Blade now sell a complete kit). Still, make sure you don'thave too much pitch (will make the tail turn). I find it to be better that the V2 rotor.

Also higly recommend the Turnigy Nano-Tech 300mAh batts from Hobbyking. Best there is from all I've tried. And low price too.

Main blades: Std. Blade bullet blades
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Destroyer View Post
I am just Loki g for a tail that doesn't blow our as easy.
What are you settings for negative and positive pitch Travel Adjust ? Setting them to a value that is too high can be a cause of tail blow out as can over-aggressive use of collective.

If the tail is blowing out you may need to adjust them to a lower value, say 70% or lower.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiataJohn View Post
The only trouble with the Xtreme cano is that it's so tough you break canopy pins easier.
UNless you're using an aftermarket frame. I got tired of snapping canopy pins. Since I started using extreme canopies, I haven't had to buy any more
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in