Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned User

Default Best battery for stock MCPx

I am sure this has been asked, but new stuff is always coming out. I want the best performing batteries. The small difference in cost is not a factor.

Thanks!
Roblucky13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The hyperion 250s have been working very good for mine,the nanotech 300s were impressive at first but the lifespan seems to be dropping faster than the hyps..
http://www.readyheli.com/HP25C02501S...X_p_38634.html
Old 12-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hyperion 250s all the way
Blade 180 cfx ,Blade mcpx
Trex 150
superjet112x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
Hyperion 250s all the way
yeah there the best I have used so far. even tho i not try my spyder since it doesn't fit

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
yeah there the best I have used so far. even tho i not try my spyder since it doesn't fit
Mine does. You just have to convince the battery that it wants to fit.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
You should drop it in the mail to me as I am just on the other side of Atlanta from you.

Seriously I'll give you a couple of bux for it as I have one that is failing.

Edit: To the OP. I would have gotten Hyperions, but I ended up ordering from progressiverc and they had a good deal on a few things I needed. LINK
Krispy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
You should drop it in the mail to me as I am just on the other side of Atlanta from you.

Seriously I'll give you a couple of bux for it as I have one that is failing.

Edit: To the OP. I would have gotten Hyperions, but I ended up ordering from progressiverc and they had a good deal on a few things I needed. LINK
LOL I will end up using it, I ordered it and the kbdd blades from David at Progressive. i want to try out the battery just want to get some new landing gear first.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The spyders are my favorite. Less bogging than the hyperions or the nano techs. The spyders are a little tight but after you use them a few times they fit in much easier.
Philly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thunder Power Batteries for mCPX

What does everyone think of the Thunder Power batteries compared to say the Spyders or the Lectron Pros?

The two Thunder Powers I bought recently 'nock the socks off' the Hyperions I bought at about the same time. I don't fly 3D yet, but the Thunder Powers have noticeably more punch, just no comparison IMO ... The Hyps are noticeably better than the stock batteries ...

Regards to all,

Bryan
blissinindy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

While I'm at it, I'll add the Lightning Power 300mAh to the list ... :-)

Bryan
Old 12-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would think the Tp be best but not try them yet

Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, the Thunder Powers have not really stood out in my limited experience on larger helis ... Not that I'm doing much more than hovering at this stage ... These TPs standout though!!

Bryan
Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

do any of these batteries come with the right connector for the mcpx?
Derfman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Derfman,

all come with the right connector. Most look like your stock mcpX battery, with a plastic cap that fits over the end of the battery w/ a hole for the connector to pass through. Makes plugging/unplugging the battery pretty easy. Just purchased 2 Spyders and they don't have this cap - more like a typical battery. I find them easy to plug in, but surprisingly hard to unplug (not much on the end of the connector to grip). I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Have to compare the Spyders to the others. Again, I am a relative newbie and don't fly 3D so there's only so far MY comparison goes. The Spyders and the Thunder Powers seem to have the most 'oomph' to me than stock, Hyperions or the Lightning Powers (haven't tried the Turnigys or Lectron Pros). Have to check how much I'm pulling from them, etc. The Spyders are sized a bit differently - they will fit through the stock frame, but do not stop at the end (no cap) so you have to (I presume) position them for CG. I tried them with the end of the battery reaching to just under the main shaft at the advice of another flyer who had flown them - CG seemed fine ...

Let us know where you end up.

Regards,

Bryan
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll toss these in: Lectron Pro 3.7 volt 300mAh 35C. Great fit, slightly longer but doesn't mess with cog and comes down cool. Less than $14/pair shipped. Happy so far.

N4HHA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissinindy View Post
Derfman,

all come with the right connector. Most look like your stock mcpX battery, with a plastic cap that fits over the end of the battery w/ a hole for the connector to pass through. Makes plugging/unplugging the battery pretty easy. Just purchased 2 Spyders and they don't have this cap - more like a typical battery. I find them easy to plug in, but surprisingly hard to unplug (not much on the end of the connector to grip). I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Have to compare the Spyders to the others. Again, I am a relative newbie and don't fly 3D so there's only so far MY comparison goes. The Spyders and the Thunder Powers seem to have the most 'oomph' to me than stock, Hyperions or the Lightning Powers (haven't tried the Turnigys or Lectron Pros). Have to check how much I'm pulling from them, etc. The Spyders are sized a bit differently - they will fit through the stock frame, but do not stop at the end (no cap) so you have to (I presume) position them for CG. I tried them with the end of the battery reaching to just under the main shaft at the advice of another flyer who had flown them - CG seemed fine ...

Let us know where you end up.

Regards,

Bryan
Yea I'm pretty new also, so I just wanted to make sure that the batteries would work with the mcpx and charger. Do you know if the hyperions will fit the mcpx battery tray?

Thanks
Derfman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Derfman - the Hyperion 250 mAh (I believe, don't have them at the moment to look - definitely not the larger Hyperions) I am running fit just fine. The Thunderpowers are tight ...

N4HHA - I've been wondering about the Lectron Pros, thanks for the info!! Nice to have 300mAh!! Have you flown any of the others for comparison?

Regards,

Bryan
Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Add me to the list of Hyperion 250 fans. The only small quibble I have with the Hyperions is that the black plastic cap isn't glued on very securely. The caps on all four of mine are really loose. Need to get some Shoe Goo and fix em.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissinindy View Post
N4HHA - I've been wondering about the Lectron Pros, thanks for the info!! Nice to have 300mAh!! Have you flown any of the others for comparison?

Regards,

Bryan
Only stock. In the middle of the flight time increase tests.

N4HHA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a thunder power about a week after I got the 2 eflight batteries. The 2 eflight batteries are still doing well, the thunderpower died about a week ago. I charged them the same, but the thunderpower didn't last very long
rstekeur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in