Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Spektrum Dx9 Questions

Hi I Just bought the dx9 till now all i can say it amazing transmitter but i can find any videos about setup helicopter with this tx how to swash mix etc... throttle cut , idle setup etc ... , any one know where i can find some videos i know about the manual but for me it's not that good i need to see some one do it on video . Thanks For your help

Best Regard Wayne
Wayne2580 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't need DX9-specific videos for that, DX8 is exactly same setupwise. You can however do binding from DX9 menu but regarding setup that's about the only difference.

Plenty of videos for DX8 so You'll be ok
TeroS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Mate
Wayne2580 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also note, the software is the same between the DX9 and DX18, so the file uploads are compatible between the two using the SD card.

As was stated, the menu and basic functions are similar to the DX8. You will find more information in the Spektrum specific forum https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Old 12-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just set up a Blade 450 3D on a DX9 and maiden flight was tough. I used the settings for the DX8 and it needed lots of trim back and to the right. Also the gyro gains were too low. Of course this nice combination turned a hover attempt into a very exciting recovery as I wrestled to get it back while watching the tail drift all over the place.

I'm hoping for some DX9 specific settings soon. Til then hold on for a wild ride as you figure it out. I may need to start learning how to set everything manually soon.
wilanz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Learning what the features on a computer TX do and how to use them is a must! The TX is one of your most powerful tools, and you will be shorting yourself just trying to copy what someone else uses into your model, which will rarely work anyway. A heli that needs a lot of trim to hover is a heli thats head and tail wasn't set up correctly mechanically first.

No two models are identical, even if they are the exact same model. Different mechanical setups will cause one model to react a little differently than the other.

Read everything you can regarding your TX in the Spektrum forum, plus watching the TX and basic heli pre flight setup vids from Finless on the DX7, etc and they will tell you what the different features do and how they work. The menus may not look exactly the same, but the basic functionality of the different features and what they do is the same across all TXs.

There is a learning curve that must be overcome initially when working with a computer TX for the first time, but its one that is very rewarding once you understand it, and its a necessity setting up any heli.

Last edited by Xrayted; 12-28-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Xrayted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilanz View Post
I just set up a Blade 450 3D on a DX9 and maiden flight was tough. I used the settings for the DX8 and it needed lots of trim back and to the right. Also the gyro gains were too low. Of course this nice combination turned a hover attempt into a very exciting recovery as I wrestled to get it back while watching the tail drift all over the place.

I'm hoping for some DX9 specific settings soon. Til then hold on for a wild ride as you figure it out. I may need to start learning how to set everything manually soon.
I'm a relative newbie to helis but from what I've figured out being wildly out of trim has nothing to do with the radio as such. It can only mean that you didnt get the swashplate levelled properly and that will always need to be done manually on each individual heli.

As per advice in above post, I think you are right that you should learn to set up manually, blindly uploading set up data without ensuring the basic mechanical set up is right will end in tears sooner or later (most likely sooner).
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-Geek View Post
You don't need DX9-specific videos for that, DX8 is exactly same setupwise. You can however do binding from DX9 menu but regarding setup that's about the only difference.

Plenty of videos for DX8 so You'll be ok
I'm new to the hobby as well, and also have a DX9. Also finding nothing out there for setup with specifically Blade heli's. Hate to disagree, but the DX8 is not exactly the same. I haven't gone through ever menu yet, but off the top of my head is the F-Mode menu. Not totally sure on this point, but I do know that the DX9 has 7 point curves, throttle, pitch, etc. where I believe the DX8 and earlier TX's only have 5 points. And of course there is all the voice menus. I wish, specially since Spektrum, and Blade are both Horizon Hobby that they would put more stuff out there on YouTube for configuring the DX9 for different heli's. Only thing I've found is the one for the 350QX which was extremely helpful since I have one.
FlyTrap7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx9

I'm setting up a castle gov on a thunder tiger 600e with dx9 my question is do I have to use gov menu or can I use the throttle curves. I would like to use throttle curve so In normal mode I can spool it up myself. Thanks
benysjets is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in