Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help! Main Shaft won't come out.

Hey guys, Im trying to replace the main shaft on my B400. Im following the instructions from Heli Hell but the shaft just will not come out. I was able to slide it up about an inch but it wont budge any more from there.

Any suggestions?
epyonxero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Hey guys, Im trying to replace the main shaft on my B400. Im following the instructions from Heli Hell but the shaft just will not come out. I was able to slide it up about an inch but it wont budge any more from there.

Any suggestions?

is it bent pretty bad ?? that will make it really hard to get out if the bend is keeping it from sliding threw the bearings.

if worse comes to worse you might halve to unscrew the screws in the frame and remove the shaft and the bearings. but wait and see if any one else has a better idea first

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I did was tap it slightly from the bottom where the main gears are located. I used a long thin screw drive that was able to fit.
dev400 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been a long while since I have had a stock frame. I seem to remember a small round hole in the bottom of the frame below the main shaft so you can put a flat punch thru there and tap on it. These shafts usualy bend above the top bearing so it is kinda puzzling why it wont just slide right out unless somehow the bottom of the shaft got mangled somehow or worsre yet ,it has gotten scored up inside the one way.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

grab the top of the shaft, hold your other hand over the top of the frame-now pull real hard !! use a pair of pliers if you need to. just keep an eye on the bearings and make sure they dont fall out, if they do you will have to loosen the frame to put them back in place. good luck.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a main shaft bend so badly that no amount of pulling with pliers and colorful language would budge. I ended up removing most of the frame screws and pulling out the shaft with the bearings still stuck on it. One bearing was fried. So, a good time to upgrade to ceramic bearings!!!
If I recall, I did not have to actually take the entire frame apart, just remove most or all screws to be able to pry the frame halves apart to get the shaft and bearings out all at once.
MCP X
DerekB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

another problem are small metal burrs that won't allow the main shaft to slide through the snug fitting bearings. I take some extra fine sandpaper and smooth these burrs out.The burrs are usually located where cuts are made or holes are drilled or on the ends of the shaft..
singingperry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I ran into the same issue. Found that the lower 2x12mm screw head and piece with nut had broken off leaving the section through the shaft. That piece had a sliver of material obstructing removal. Realign the shaft so the top and bottom screw holes line up and tap the screw pieces out with a drift, smaller drill bit, etc.
lenrev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in