Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 06:23 AM   #781 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have a spektrum radio u don't need SATs at all with the spectrum ar7200...I fly a logo 500 no probs with no extra SATs...u can plug in an additional sat if required but make sure its dsmx...dsm,2 will work but you should really upgrade your radio...get a new dsmx dx7 they're well priced. If you have a small heli then stick with what you have but consider an upgrade sooner than later..I was a bit hesitant to go beastx but it really is easy to setup once you get used to it..no laptop no hassle but pay attention to mech setup...the rest is idiot proof . I can honestly say there is nothing I don't like about beastx except no laptop haha...I'm used to seeing what I'm changing but it flies well right out of the box...you can make aggressive or docile as you want in one minute ...flew great on my logo 700 and equally on my 500. Nothing to complain about at all. And now ar7200 has nitro gov function with a firmware upgrade.. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Madryan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #782 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to clarify you must use dsmx sat not dsm2...it will still bind just in dsm2 mode...its stated in the manual from memory..check before you buy a sat but as said you won't need a sat anyway...cheers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Madryan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #783 (permalink)
Registered Users

All good dx6i is dsmx ;-) its written on front of tx ..
So out with the 3gx and put a hammer to it to eleviate frustration lol
Sell the ar6200 get me a ar7200
Old 01-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #784 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastofthefew View Post
Same here
Trex 500 efl
3gx v1.2
Dx6i
Ar6200 rx

Ok for few min then during fff it pitches up badly to the point of stalling and flyjng backwards. .land and look at swash and its tilted down at rear after blades stop it resets to level..
Tried all previous fixes outlined here as well as v 1.0 1.1 3.0 3.1 4.0

I have had senior pilots check mech set and its bang on

Still no solution from align ?

Will AR7200bx work with 6ch ?
Really? V1.2???

Backward drift is thing of past since V3.0. Not sure why still stuck in V1.2....
nameci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #785 (permalink)
Registered Users

V 3.0 & Above causes heli to tip left on take off V1.2 & below does not thats why im stuck on 1.2
Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #786 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastofthefew View Post
V 3.0 & Above causes heli to tip left on take off V1.2 & below does not thats why im stuck on 1.2
You have other set up issue that is causing it to tip over. Make sure to follow the servo connection that has been updated on V3.0+ for the compensation. Also, you will need to reduce the gain pots on V3.0. Blade tracking problem, too high of gain, and the vibration, along with improper channel programming for tail causes majority of tip over.

On V3.1, Align introduced the feature to even further reduce the tip over, as long as heli is set up properly.

If I were on V1.2, I would have smashed 3GX as well.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #787 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameci View Post
You have other set up issue that is causing it to tip over. Make sure to follow the servo connection that has been updated on V3.0+ for the compensation. Also, you will need to reduce the gain pots on V3.0. Blade tracking problem, too high of gain, and the vibration, along with improper channel programming for tail causes majority of tip over.

On V3.1, Align introduced the feature to even further reduce the tip over, as long as heli is set up properly.

Tip over is not the problem. Many reports and videos of in flight phenomenon are available where the 3GX in 3.0 and above seems to pull or tilt hard in a direction that makes it nearly uncontrollable.

I had it happen, searched to see if I was alone, and being that the issue seemed widespread enough to not be isolated to my experience, I just moved on.
Pard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #788 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pard View Post
Tip over is not the problem. Many reports and videos of in flight phenomenon are available where the 3GX in 3.0 and above seems to pull or tilt hard in a direction that makes it nearly uncontrollable.

I had it happen, searched to see if I was alone, and being that the issue seemed widespread enough to not be isolated to my experience, I just moved on.
Here is an example
My Trex 450 Pro DFC Weird Behavior with 3GX v3.1 Required Emergency Landing (4 min 13 sec)
Old 01-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #789 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pard View Post

There has been multiple posts regarding the external BEC needed, especially when using 250/450 stock ESC with 3GX.

Tip over when taking off, backward drift, versus current/voltage drop at the end of the flight are three separate issues.

Original thread is for backward drift which many of us have seen in pre V2.1 releases, especially when heli was not perfectly set up.

Lastofthefew mentioned about the tip over when he was using V3.0 or higher. What your video is showing look like a symptom I have seen when using stock Align ESC(worse on older 35amp Align ESC w linear mode BEC) with V3.0 or higher w/o an external BEC.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #790 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There has been multiple posts regarding the external BEC needed, especially when using 250/450 stock ESC with 3GX.

Tip over when taking off versus current/voltage drop at the end of the flight are two separate issue.

Agree with the need for an external BEC. But that did not solve the problem.

Hey, if you enjoy it, use it. This hobby is great if you are having fun.

I personally find the Ikon , and miniVbar to be the most enjoyable to use, followed by the Skookum 540 and the BeastX.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #791 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have owned and still own multiple of all the FBL units you have mentioned(and plus a few more). They all have pros and cons of own, none of them perfect. All depends on personal preference on what you are looking for in FBL unit and how much time you want to invest and learn about the FBL unit itself.

Helis that i trust the most and enjoy just flying? FB helis. I wonder time to time about all the money I have spent chasing the holy grail of FBL, yet a whole BNF FB helis just fit the bill at the cost of one decent FBL unit. I have yet to experience any of my FB heli drop out of sky.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #792 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I have owned and still own multiple of all the FBL units you have mentioned(and plus a few more). They all have pros and cons of own, none of them perfect. All depends on personal preference on what you are looking for in FBL unit and how much time you want to invest and learn about the FBL unit itself.

Helis that i trust the most and enjoy just flying? FB helis. I wonder time to time about all the money I have spent chasing the holy grail of FBL, yet a whole BNF FB helis just fit the bill at the cost of one decent FBL unit. I have yet to experience any of my FB heli drop out of sky.
So true! Good old reliable flybar heli just let you enjoy without the endless tinkering.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #793 (permalink)
Registered Users

Using stock 70amp esc with internal bec set at 6v measured @5.85 under load and after heli drift back.

Also position and wirring of 3gx match V4.0 standard connectivity diagram with 2x foam tape and strap.

On bench at 100% thro and no blades there is no swash tilt...however when holding heli reasonably level in hand and moving as if in flight with motor not running swash tilts back..when stop moving swash levels
Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #794 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update the 3GX to V3.1 or V4.0. Make sure your gain pots are at noon position before updating.

Follow the 3GX PC software instruction step by step. Make sure not to skip the fail safe programming of your receiver. I have seen many occasions where when you don't program the fail safe, 3GX sometimes does not initializes properly in power up. That will also cause servos acting weird when spooling up and tip over.

I would remove your double layer of the double side tape and only use single layer. If you are using more than one layer, you are only masking the vibration problem. Find the cause of vibration and address it.

Double check your servo connection. Make sure front left and right servos are connected to proper port as shown on the 3GX PC software instruction. Starting V3.0, piro compensation menu is gone and will need to have left and right servos connected in proper ports for proper compensation.

Make sure to level your swash at low/mid/high stick in DIR set up. Additionally, make sure to check your blade pitch on both blades at all four corners(rotate your blades). I have seen blades that are tracking poorly causing drift or tip over. Since you are using a full receiver, your tail gain is on channel 5/GEAR channel. Program the right tail gyro channel gain on your transmitter. If you are using the end point for the tail gain, make sure you adjust the channel 5/GEAR channel.

Lastly, a good external BEC is highly recommended. Align ESC's built BEC are junk, IMHO.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:21 AM   #795 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default possible fault found

i may have found a fault in my wirring..i took the ar6210 power input from the 3gx batt/aux out socket when i should have taken it from the 3gx sbus/bind socket to ar6210 recv bind port as per attached image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	482636  
Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #796 (permalink)
Registered Users

I highly doubt that is causing the problem you are seeing. When you update the 3GX to V3.1 or V4.0, make sure to reset the model on your transmitter and go through mechanical set up and DIR set up thoroughly.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #797 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Update the 3GX to V3.1 or V4.0. Make sure your gain pots are at noon position before updating.

Hi there.

I got meself a secondhand 3GX to make my 600E Pro to a DFC machine. But when i updated to v. 4.0 i did not set the pots to 12 o'clock. Am i gonna get issues ?

I have the 450L with 3GX v/4.0 and there are no issues or tip-over at all.

regards
Align Trex 450L DFC Head, 3GX
Sweetfrost is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #798 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfrost View Post
Hi there.

I got meself a secondhand 3GX to make my 600E Pro to a DFC machine. But when i updated to v. 4.0 i did not set the pots to 12 o'clock. Am i gonna get issues ?

I have the 450L with 3GX v/4.0 and there are no issues or tip-over at all.

regards
To be safe, I would put the gain pots back to 12 o'clock position and update the firmware/software again. While back, I have done some experiment and results I saw clearly showed that Ail/Ele gain will get impacted if you are updating the firmware/software w/o putting the gain pots at noon position

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=495056
Old 01-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #799 (permalink)
Registered Users

nameci

Okay, thanks mate. Im gonna do a quick flash update again (v 4.0) with the pots at noon.

When i mentioned my 450L with 3GX - it was brand new and the pots haven't bin used. Its the second-hand 3GX that was tampered with and i just updated without thinking of setting them at noon position.

but again - thank you for the link to the other post.

(off-topic) Will we ever see the bluetooth connection for 3GX and smartphone software like on the MSH Brain/Ikon (which im seriously thinking of trying) ??
Align Trex 450L DFC Head, 3GX
Sweetfrost is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #800 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Backward drift with 3GX

Quote:
I highly doubt that is causing the problem you are seeing. When you update the 3GX to V3.1 or V4.0, make sure to reset the model on your transmitter and go through mechanical set up and DIR set up thoroughly.
Nope didn't fix it..sadly the backwards drift caused a crash ..as I was making a turn nose in it began to stall and fly back causing me to loose orientation and it went in .

So upgrading to dx8 ar8000 & possibly a hc3sx .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in