Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oxy 2. Any new updates

Just curious if this is still in the works or has it been put on the backburner for now. Like to know before I head down the 180CFX road again..
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2016, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The OXY 2 is in works but due to a "long term" quality issue. We moved the release date back. To accommodate new set of LONG TERM testing.
The smaller you go the harder it is.

We won't put out a kit we are not confident in.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does 'long term' mean it takes a long time for the quality issue to show itself or it's a 'long term' issue that's still working to be resolved?
Old 05-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Shows up down the road.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok thanks Rich. So I should figure next year or after that?
Old 05-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Rich. Hopefully these tests will be more favorable
Old 06-17-2016, 05:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

When released will the Oxy2 follow the same route as the Oxy 3?
Will there be several variations marketed over a period of time?

EDIT I guess that the marketing of the Oxy4, which is scheduled to precede the release of the Oxy2, will be a good indication.

In the RC Heli Pilot Profile for Luca Invernizzi on pages 18/19 of the June/July issue of Radio Control Helipilot, Luca stated that the Oxy2 is becoming his favorite model to fly as it is super fast and can be flown anywhere.

Here's looking forward to the release of the Oxy2.

Last edited by tony#1; 06-22-2016 at 06:45 AM..
tony#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

oxy 2 was mooved to next winter project.. now is oxy 4 final test time.. the main reason why I moved O2 later is about investment.. cause must have a lot plastic.. a really good plastic parts to have a decent retail price and superior fly characteristic.. our sample fly really good but are not ready yet for mass production..

Luca Invernizzi - Lynx Heli Innovations - Oxy Heli
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016, 01:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ininverno View Post
oxy 2 was mooved to next winter project.. now is oxy 4 final test time.. the main reason why I moved O2 later is about investment.. cause must have a lot plastic.. a really good plastic parts to have a decent retail price and superior fly characteristic.. our sample fly really good but are not ready yet for mass production..

Luca Invernizzi - Lynx Heli Innovations - Oxy Heli
Plastic Luca!!!!!....please plastic no....plastic main/tail grips, plastic frames, plastic bearings supports....All to keep the heli lightweight.

A 250 heli (200/210 main blades) needs only a good, modern and simple project, like Oxy3, but with smaller dimensions, and 300/325g is good for all aplications.

It could use the same micro servos used in O3 and O4, no need submicro servos with 6g to keep it superlightweight.

And it is necessary a good space for regular gyro.

Please forget plastics.
MaGooRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oxy 2. Any new updates

If modern plastics can produce a stronger and lighter frame with components that would likely cheaper to replace than there CNC equivalents, then in this class, that would be better all round. Improving what's gone before might result in a better design but it won't necessarily be lighter.

Maybe a complex plastic reinforced backbone that supports motor, main bearing and tail mounts (if that's part of the plan) would score on a number of fronts?

Of all the micro's I've upgraded, they have never ended up lighter as a result and although there are gains, a proportion is negated by the added weigh which itself then need to be addressed.

Personally, I'm intrigued that this might be taking a different (plastic) direction. This can only be good for us all if it results in the best micro to date. 🙂
Old 07-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes plastic please. Plastic done right is much better than heavy aluminum bling parts on a small heli.

Leave the bling for the blade helis that sit on a shelf and look cool. Lightweight micro heli that flies good is what we need. Build helis to fly, not to crash and look cool.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the update Luca
Old 07-11-2016, 02:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGooRc View Post
Plastic Luca!!!!!....please plastic no....plastic main/tail grips, plastic frames, plastic bearings supports....All to keep the heli lightweight.

A 250 heli (200/210 main blades) needs only a good, modern and simple project, like Oxy3, but with smaller dimensions, and 300/325g is good for all aplications.

It could use the same micro servos used in O3 and O4, no need submicro servos with 6g to keep it superlightweight.

And it is necessary a good space for regular gyro.

Please forget plastics.
I do believe that every heli shall be designed using the best solutions for the heli itself: you appreciate that a fly is made substantially of the same matter of an hair, but flies great.
You cannot do a jumbo the same way...

I mean that what we shall ask Luca to steam straight to the "Oxy-ety" more than the material it is made out...

Consider that plastic is lighter (i.e. the whole heli weight less, but also the single parts, contributing to agility and overall performance), is much suitable to dampen vibrations (on such small heli, the frequency range is very very high due to high rpm, and high frequency vibs contain a lot of energy subtracted to the fly), and is forgiving in the crashes. Finally is cheap(er)

What we should ask is however to: ensure usual precision, and provide some blings for the eyes

Servo story: Oxy 3 servos are absolutely out of discussion on such a small bird, micro are enough even for hard 3D.
and yes, Luca: keep room for a mini FBL

Specs are ready!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe people are making your comments thinking Oxy2 will be very small, like a 180cfx stretch.

Furthermore my observations is based in fact that oxy2 have the same proporcions of trex250, with approx. 430mm and 300/325 g.

A heli of this size may have metal parts, like trex250.

And also may have micro servo.

The problem of trex 250 is the design, very old. And Luca already has a design that has proved very very good, so just need to reduce its size, like made with 200srx and 230cfx frames.
MaGooRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGooRc View Post
I believe people are making your comments thinking Oxy2 will be very small, like a 180cfx stretch.

Furthermore my observations is based in fact that oxy2 have the same proporcions of trex250, with approx. 430mm and 300/325 g.

A heli of this size may have metal parts, like trex250.

And also may have micro servo.

The problem of trex 250 is the design, very old. And Luca already has a design that has proved very very good, so just need to reduce its size, like made with 200srx and 230cfx frames.
The Oxy 2 will be close to 180 cfx stretch. Then the stretch it for 210mm blades. All the pics we have seen are with the stretch.

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From Luca:

Ok people.. is time to say.. I read a lot and now is my turn.. lol.. During and after ircha I talk with my stuff and consultant the waited decision..
Oxy 2 is the next.. next week we start the production..
Oxy4 is now delay to February.
I don't want to spend to much time to explain why.. but main reason is the request from you all and the right product for the indoor time..

Now lets explain some about Oxy2 and stop all confusion here or other places..

Oxy2
- 190 mm blade on std kit
- 210 mm blade on stretch kit
- dfc plastic rod.
- Belt drive system oxy 3 no one way on std kit optional upgrade one way system.
Optional tail pulley ratio.
- Oval tail boom no boom support
- carbon, aluminum, plastic main frame with new servo layout system never saw before.. 120 deg diagram with full direct accessibility to each servo.
- Lexan ultralight painted canopy optional fiberglass.
- head speed min 3500 max 6000
- motors from eox 1611 5100 kv for sport fly up to 1912 3600kv (t rex 250) or max eox 1914 4000 kv in production.
- esc min 25a max 30a
- battery 3s 800 / 1000 --- 4s 450 / 600
- servo cyclic :sub micro servo 180cfx type.. . kst245 mg full metal servo or MKS similar case.. NO MICRO SERVO compatible (t rex 250 or oxy3 for example)
- servo tail. For sport fly same cyclic for smack 3d different option 180x tail servo 6030 or align savox.. but are heavy.. Tareq and Rasmus choice is the 180x tail servo.. just a note in mine heli because no vibes pass 1000 fly and many crash.
- fbl u brain u ikon mini brain mini ikon spartan microbeast y280 ..
- ready to fly weight around 250g depending on electronics..

We estimate to release it by November possible early..
Retail price will be around $210.00 usd for the kit with 2 set of main blade and 2 set of tail blade.

No need start say about price.. I say.. who need a reliable mini kit with amazing performance.. the oxy 2 is the heli.. for who no need performance maybe other RTF option are better.. and everyone are happy..

I don't want steel customers from other brands. I want introduce heli performance and feeling not see before.. oxy3 give a signal.. oxy2 I am sure will change the way to consider a mini..

Is impossible made heli that will made everyone happy.. oxy is expensive products but don't make me rich.. but happy about the performance.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
From Luca:

Ok people..
Oxy 2 is the next.. next week we start the production..
We estimate to release it by November possible early..
So does that mean that I can put the Oxy 2 on my Christmas present wish list?

Last edited by tony#1; 08-23-2016 at 06:09 AM..
tony#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I can finally dump my 180
MiataJohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 09:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks again for the update. The Oxy 2 will be my next micro.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm ready to put down a deposit!

Oxy3 285, Oxy4Stretch, Oxy4Max, Oxy5-520 6S, Urukay Triple head, Goblin 770 Sport.
FlatCrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in