Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch curves

What are you guys running ? The manual just shows it in degrees which I would have to calculate back to %. something suitable for easy noob flying.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would set it up for +-10 degrees, then tune the normal curve to maybe -3 or 4 to +10 leave idle 1 and 2 the full +-10. 0degrees at mid stick in all flight modes.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

10 degrees is plenty on this heli with its very light disc loading. I tried 13 and it was too responsive on collective, even at a fairly low 1950 head speed, so now I run 11.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrultralite View Post
What are you guys running ? The manual just shows it in degrees which I would have to calculate back to %. something suitable for easy noob flying.
Why are you calculating back to %? I hope you aren't trying to set your pitch with percentages on your radio. You need a pitch gauge of some sort to make sure it is even on both ends. Are you using a FBL controller? If so, what brand?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running 10.5 deg. it's more then enough for me. Also I'm getting 6 min. flight time on a 3000mah battery and putting back around 1900mah-2000mah when charged back up. With the 10.5 deg. pitch im able to do a full collective punch out with no bog. So IMHO unless your a stick banger anything over the 10-11 deg. range would be useless. Also it would take away from your flight time.
heliglenn71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry, i mean it would be simpler if i knew what curves where being used rather than mess with a calculation , So 35? - ?- ? -? -? .
You know , like as in , pitch & throttle curves , which are on the radio are given in %
Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry, i mean it would be simpler if i knew what curves where being used rather than mess with a calculation , So 35? - ?- ? -? -? .
You know , like as in , pitch & throttle curves , which are on the radio are given in %
I think you are missing something, or I am.
Most 3D electrics we use a default 0-100 pitch curve. Endpoints restrict pitch. Are you running a flybarless system, or is this a flybarred heli? Answering that question is important as well as the brand of flybarless controller you are using. There is no simple answer to your question as we do not know how far your linkages are out on your servo horns, what brand of servos, what radio and electronics you are using. All of these are factors in the proper answers. With that information a pitch gauge or method of measuring pitch at 0, full negative and full positive is still necessary as every helicopter is different, even with the same exact electronics.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alex , according to the Bx manual a linear pitch curve is used during setup , but it is my understanding that it can be changed.
Yes have it set to +-ve 11* , so I'm asking does everyone (FBL) just run linear or if you change the ' pitch curve' it might be -6*at zero throttle instead of - 11*.
So if most are set to 10-11* and we have what must be at least nearly similar physical setups the total swash travel to get 11*must be the same therefore the percentage of that travel must also be the same (in terms of p angle ) ,hence there must be common pitch curve info.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Alex , according to the Bx manual a linear pitch curve is used during setup , but it is my understanding that it can be changed.
Yes have it set to +-ve 11* , so I'm asking does everyone (FBL) just run linear or if you change the ' pitch curve' it might be -6*at zero throttle instead of - 11*.
So if most are set to 10-11* and we have what must be at least nearly similar physical setups the total swash travel to get 11*must be the same therefore the percentage of that travel must also be the same (in terms of p angle ) ,hence there must be common pitch curve info.
As I said before, most people that fly 3D or want to learn 3D run a linear curve. I have never seen a good reason to run anything but a fully linear curve whether you fly 3D or not. Ask anyone who has tried to land a heli in a 15-20mph wind or gust with less than 6 degrees of negative pitch.

If you want to run something different for whatever reason, go for it. You will still likely need to measure your own pitch. You can even use the folded blade and ruler method if you need to. Using someone else's percentage values will vary anywhere from a little to a lot. I wouldn't recommend using someone else's percentages for about 100 reasons. The biggest being that it just doesn't work that simply with resemblance of repeatable of accuracy.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes i know how to meaure pitch, thank you. so the answer to my original question is 0-25-50-75-100.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in