Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
This can easily be changed with a firmware swop from your distributor. If the radio was sold as a MODE 1 radio it will always default to MODE 1 on creating a new model and vice versa. MODE selection in all the XG series of radios is a model setting, so other buyers beware, always buy the MODE you want.

Even the analog trim TX does exactly the same, what is heartening is that you can swop models between the differently configured TX's and it will take on the new stick mode and analog trim function. The analog throttle trim is easily swopped to the other stick and you can even invert it's operation in the software.
Problem is HH doesnt want to service ours... So we are getting stuck with this...
So our only hope is someone could upload it online...
flyingboxer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Firmware file is easy to get hold of, but you will need JR propriety connector box to upload, so only certified service agents would be able to do it.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Firmware file is easy to get hold of, but you will need JR propriety connector box to upload, so only certified service agents would be able to do it.
I though it was possible via sd card.....
Now we are getting stuck big time, aaarghhhh
Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, SD card, but to load a different version from the factory will require a propriety connection, as the SD card way checks what is already loaded and update only that version!!
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 07-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymustangs View Post
The problem is that I'm not sure there is a "native" mode 2 version of this radio, yet. As mentioned, three of these radios were bought from RC711 that were supposedly mode 2. The problem is that they were still native mode 1 radios. They were just converted to mode 2 at the dealer. As we know now, that doesn't do do much. I haven't searched the entire Internet but I couldn't find any other dealers that even gives a choice of which mode. I did see the manual throttle trim mentioned on a couple of websites, but none I found had that version available.

I also see only one firmware update available on JR Japan's website. It seems if this was just a firmware change there would be two versions of this firmware depending on the native mode of the radio.

Even the manual on Horizon's website shows the mode 1 radio. I imagine that's because it's the only manual they have right now. I think it's Horizon's typical marketing strategy where they put out information that's incomplete, just so they have something out there, and then go back and update later.

I'm waiting on a reply from Horizon on the availability of the analog trim radio. When they put that one out there for presale, I'm sure I'll be one of the first ones to order, assuming it's going to be a native mode 2.
Flymustangs you are the man...!!!
Thank you very much...!!!
We have all 3 radios up and running...! Thanks a lot for your help man..!
One last question, with this swap, the only thing we couldnt make it to change were the aileron and elevator dual rate switches... Is that ok? How are yours working?

Thanks a lot..:

Last edited by flyingboxer; 07-17-2012 at 09:00 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting. I guess I didn't look at this close because I usually just use the flight mode switch for all the D/R. When I compared the 11X to the XG11 it looks like the ELEV and AIL D/R switches are in the same place. When the two plugs are swapped it swaps those two function. I guess the individual pins could be found so only the RUDD and FLT MODE switches are swapped, similar to the back two switches. I also noticed some of the other switches are not in the same position between the two radios. I'm not sure if this is a Mode 1 thing or something particular to the XG11. Again, if it's a Mode 1 thing, I don't see how they can advertise this radio as being able to change modes by the user.

I also just got a reply from Horizon Hobby on the question I asked about the analog throttle trim version. The answer was that they have no plans to offer an XG11 with an analog trim.
flymustangs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Interesting. I guess I didn't look at this close because I usually just use the flight mode switch for all the D/R. When I compared the 11X to the XG11 it looks like the ELEV and AIL D/R switches are in the same place. When the two plugs are swapped it swaps those two function. I guess the individual pins could be found so only the RUDD and FLT MODE switches are swapped, similar to the back two switches. I also noticed some of the other switches are not in the same position between the two radios. I'm not sure if this is a Mode 1 thing or something particular to the XG11. Again, if it's a Mode 1 thing, I don't see how they can advertise this radio as being able to change modes by the user.

I also just got a reply from Horizon Hobby on the question I asked about the analog throttle trim version. The answer was that they have no plans to offer an XG11 with an analog trim.
Another question...
We have flaps mini trims swapped... I mean left mini trim is right in the screen, and the opposite for the other mini trim...
Do you know how to swap those? Maybe swaping some pins in the L or R connector...??
Any suggestions..?
Thanks a lot...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK. It looks like only the top switches need to be swapped, not all the switches on the front case. I'm going to figure out what pins to swap instead of swapping the connectors as a whole. I'll post back when I've got it figured out.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK. It looks like only the top switches need to be swapped, not all the switches on the front case. I'm going to figure out what pins to swap instead of swapping the connectors as a whole. I'll post back when I've got it figured out.
Excellent, you are the man...!!!

I'll be waiting then...
Old 07-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK. I may have this sorted out now. Swapping the CN-R and CN-L connectors didn't do the trick, obviously, because it swaps some switches that don't need to be swapped.

As far as I can tell, the switches that need to be swapped are the two switches on the top front of the case, which are typically RUDD D/R and FLT Mode. Those are swapped by swapping the gray wires in CN-R and CN-L. The other two switches that need to be swapped are the GEAR and AUX2 (the two long switches on the front of the case). Those are swapped by swapping the purples wires in CN-R and CN-L.

I think that leaves the other switches correct.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK. I may have this sorted out now. Swapping the CN-R and CN-L connectors didn't do the trick, obviously, because it swaps some switches that don't need to be swapped.

As far as I can tell, the switches that need to be swapped are the two switches on the top front of the case, which are typically RUDD D/R and FLT Mode. Those are swapped by swapping the gray wires in CN-R and CN-L. The other two switches that need to be swapped are the GEAR and AUX2 (the two long switches on the front of the case). Those are swapped by swapping the purples wires in CN-R and CN-L.

I think that leaves the other switches correct.
Do I need to leave CN-R and CN-L connectors as they came originally (I mean, without swapping the whole connectors), and just swap each independent gray and purple wires?
Am I right...? This way the mini trims should work ok?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is correct. Put the CN-R and CN-L connectors back to their original positions, but swap the gray and purple cables.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is correct. Put the CN-R and CN-L connectors back to their original positions, but swap the gray and purple cables.
Excellent, I´m going to do that this afternoon, when I get back to my home..

Thanks a lot man..
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So in order to summarize all the steps requiered to convert a mode 1 to mode 2 JR XG11 DMSS transmitter are:

1. Sticks spring change described elsewere in the web (transmitters sold by HongKong or Japan sellers as rc711.com, RCJapan.com etc, as mode 2, are really converted mode 1 radios where they changed, in house, the sticks only).
2. Desolder, swap, and solder back again rear case switches (TRN for T HOLD).
3. Swaping white pins 2 and 3 (next to the gray) in connector CN-RF1
4. Swaping grey and purple pins between connectors CN-R and CN-L. This would swap RUDD D/R, F MODE, and GEAR, AUX 2 switches as they are in radios JR mode 2 sold in USA by HH.

Thats it, we at least have an identical transmitter XG11 mode 1 converted to mode 2 as the one sold in USA, except for the software glitch, a default mode 1 when you reenter a model in any empty memory slot...
From my point of view, this is not a problem at all....
However, This could be overcome, just by coping a model (heli or airplane mode 2) to an empty slot..,

This is because JR´s stick modes 1 or 2 preferences are memorized model by model, one step at a time, and not in the main root system menu as in everyelses brands of radios available worldwide...

Thanks to Flymustang for his wisdom and support in this venture...

Please NOTE: Do this at your own risk, neither of the people involved in this thread has any responsability for any damage this might cause to your transmitter. In order to do this you got to have basic electronic and soldering skills. Do it at your own risk. Please note this modifications will void your warranty.

Last edited by flyingboxer; 07-17-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Old 07-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Perfect!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Horizon Hobby is starting to get some of the DMSS stuff in stock!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There is definitely MODE 2 radios that have all the switches in the correct place as well as defaulting to MODE 2 when you select a new model. All the export models from JR comes in either MODE 1 or MODE 2 natively set up as such. It is up to the buyer to make sure that he/she gets the correct version. Yes JR advertises that these are mode changeable in the software, but as we all have seen, this is not so easy to do to get REAL MODE 1 or 2. The marking on the box is your clue.

Refer https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=27
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 07-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default +1000

+1..
I bought a JR DSX11 about 4 months ago and it was a mode 1 converted to mode2.
Then I sold that and now I am the very happy owner of a XG11 MODE2 radio.
Look at outside label if it is mode2 then you don't have to worry.The first one label I bought had been corrected to mode 2...
john604451 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

does anyone know if the xg11 is quad gimbals ? that is my only complaint with the 9503.

I know the 12x is quad gimbals, and so is the dx18.
aquaanox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaanox View Post
does anyone know if the xg11 is quad gimbals ? that is my only complaint with the 9503.

I know the 12x is quad gimbals, and so is the dx18.
All radios have quad gimbals! Maybe you meant if it has ball races on all the gimbals, yes it does.
Old hand at Planks
Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in