Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what do you think of phoenix?

Hi guys,

just wondering how you guys are getting on its taking the UK by storm and seeing as its just been released in the states available from tower hobbies thought some of you might have some input.

let us know

Ade

Compass Knight50
PhoenixRC
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought it about a month ago, and I love it. It is great and good value for mney.

ps. there are some things I would like, but am sure it will come with time.

Scalci
Eco 8 (Grave Yard)
scalci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

phoenix are always open to ideas drop them an email.

Ade
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would LOVE to have the ability to make my own scenery, take some pics with a proper camera, and then import them into the sim...

And then I would like to see like a forum or something where pro's like yourself can share their recordings of specific maneuvers like tic toc's or how to do a proper funnel, etc etc?

What do you think? Possible?
watkykjy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Ade, any way to use a RealFLight G2 controller with Phoenix?

If so I can probably take it on the road with me.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default About 2 weeks in and lovin' it

I am very happy with PhoenixRC. I spent a good amount of time at my LHS trying out Great Planes RealFlight G3. PhoenixRC compares very well against G3. The physics, the graphics and the performance appear about the same between them. I can run PhoenixRC on my notebook which G3's hardware demo said it would not run on. (The G3 hardware test demo did work so, G3 might have worked on my notebook.)

G3 has many, many more models available, although at an extra cost. This sounds like a selling point and, to a dregree it is. However, I find I only use 2 or 3 different models all the time. To me, both products come with enough models to provide training.

You must supply your own controller with PhoenixRC where G3 comes with one. I like the G3 controller and feel it does help justify the higher price (compared to PhoenixRC). In my case I had a spare radio so, PhoenixRC not coming with a controller was not an issue.

PheonixRC is a very fine product at a good price. I have no qualms about recommending it. You should have a spare controller unless you don't mind switching models on your heli controller between your real and simulated helis.

Bottom line: If you want a great sim which runs on a slightly older/more modest computer for a good price and, you have a spare controller, PhoenixRC will do you well.

Just so this is not a puff piece for PhoenixRC, it does have a few problems. A lack of models and environments is one problem. An issue I have is my 6 channel controller makes it hard to setup the controller to work well with all the various model classes. See this post for more information.

jrohland
jrohland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in