Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

im using a walkera 2601 tx...limited adjustments...when i give it throttle the rudder moves slightly...i guess ill just live with it until i get my dx7...thanx for the input guys
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-T View Post
im using a walkera 2601 tx...limited adjustments...when i give it throttle the rudder moves slightly...i guess ill just live with it until i get my dx7...thanx for the input guys

not familiar with the Walkera but.. does it have any "dip switches" usualy # 1-8or10 ? if so you may have to swicth one on or off.. on my Spektrum HP6DSM Tx i use for sim i need to turn OFF dip switch #8 (mixing) other wise the same will happen=throttle/rudder
kevinbattista is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Love the net....

Man I love the net... this type of information sharing makes it worthwhile to put up with all the other internet crap.

Have been trying to learn to fly my new Blade 400 3D (yet to be powered up).
I was having a hell of a time learning to hover on the sim with it and was getting rather discouraged.

Then I discovered Dual rates and Expo. Theory was good but it just didn't seem to make any difference on the Sim.

Then I found this thread and BEHOLD!!! I can hover the Blade 400, the Trexs, the Beam E4...
Yippeeee!!!

Now maybe I can build enough confidence on the sim and bring it all outside.

Thanks guys, thanks specifically to Bum

Dany

Additional comment...
Having found this thread... specifically the very first entry by "TheBum"...
With the correct set-up on the Sim. I set the following on my DX6i: dual rates, Expo, Throttle & Pitch curves for normal & stunt mode.

So in a nutshell, you tune the sim to the physical heli and adjust the transmitter as you would for that heli.

Everything works.

Last edited by dpelletier; 06-22-2010 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: for clarification
dpelletier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the dual rates and expo in the radio does nothing for the sim? you have to set all that one the SIM? i will be getting it this week i hope and trying read all i can so i know how to set up once it gets here.

thanks I will be using a dx7.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
So the dual rates and expo in the radio does nothing for the sim? you have to set all that one the SIM? i will be getting it this week i hope and trying read all i can so i know how to set up once it gets here.

thanks I will be using a dx7.
It should make a difference if you have things set up right.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hooked up my super old esky tx last night to phoenix, I was surprised it recognized it.

it's only 4 channel, i mapped/calibrated it. throttle and pitch are on channel 3.

to fly helis, go into your control and set throttle to 100% static.

to fly planes, go back in and switch it back to channel 3.

so there's a way around using a real tx.

I'll be setting up my futaba 7c tonight.

this sim is so much better than realflight.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got it few days ago and been enjoying heck out of it, figured out heli and airplane modes. but i can not get dual rates to work. and cant figure out how to set tw driff head speeds for stunt mode one and two

Old 06-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

do everything from your tx, except for head speed, i think you set that in the model.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
do everything from your tx, except for head speed, i think you set that in the model.
my tx is just a copy of my heli that i fly... OHHHH Is that the issue? I use gov mode so I have like 100 100 100 100 100 should i have driffrent curves for my stunt one and two to make it be driff?

its been so long since i set all that up bout forgot how. but on the similator its got gov mode to a certain HS or should i check it where its one for like 0-50 another for 50-60 another for 60-100 ?

I am not sure about set up right but it all works but D/R do not change

Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: What about for a non programmable RX?

I ordered a DX7 today, it will be here in a month. Untill then I'm stuck with an Eflite model E8 radio. I have the model set up. What values do I change to get negative pitch at zero stick in Idle up?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default phoenix sim.

i'M HAVING TROUBLE JUST TRYING TO HOVER,, THE STICKS DON'T SEEM TO MOVE THE SAME AS TO THE WAY THE HELI MOVES I HAVE A DX6i TX'er. MY PRACTISE HELI IS A mSR AND I CAN HOVER IN LESS THAN A 12 INCH CIRCLE FOR A FULL BATTERY,,I'VE CHANGED THE LINKAGES TO THE MORE AGGRESIVE BALLS ON THE SWASH. WYTH MY Trex 450 CAN GET A LITTLE HOVER
lgetc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

If the controls are reversed, you need to go into your transmitter profile (System>Your controls) and check or uncheck the reversing buttons for the channels that are backward.

Also, PLEASE DON'T SHOUT! Typing in all caps is considered shouting in the forums.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 08-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix And DX-7

Hello all. I just got my flight sim and I have most of it set up ok. But my problem is that I cannot get my idle up to work and believe me I did every thing in the FAQ section and then some. I still cannot get it to work, can someone please help me. Plus I need to know where to go to to set up the balance of the helicopter. When I get it off of the ground it goes all over the place. I know I can hold mine pretty still in a hover because I have a real raptor 50 SE maxed out. And this is what I am flying in the sim, So can some one please help me with this to I would give many many thanks for some Help.
currera501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #74 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by currera501 View Post
Hello all. I just got my flight sim and I have most of it set up ok. But my problem is that I cannot get my idle up to work and believe me I did every thing in the FAQ section and then some. I still cannot get it to work, can someone please help me. Plus I need to know where to go to to set up the balance of the helicopter. When I get it off of the ground it goes all over the place. I know I can hold mine pretty still in a hover because I have a real raptor 50 SE maxed out. And this is what I am flying in the sim, So can some one please help me with this to I would give many many thanks for some Help.
You did set up idle-up curves I'm the transmitter, right?
Graupner MZ-32

Old 08-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Idle up

Hi Bum come to think I don't remember if I did or not but I am checking out right now.Can you answer me this what do I need to setup.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #76 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hi Bum come to think I don't remember if I did or not but I am checking out right now.Can you answer me this what do I need to setup.
Set up a linear pitch curve (that will be the default if you haven't changed it). The throttle curve needs to be a flat horizontal line at some high percentage or a V curve.

I suspect the throttle curve is what's giving you problems because as soon as you moved the collective stick more negative, the head speed would drop.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 08-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Idle up

Hey Bum I have it now, I did not have the ST-1 Throttle curve set. I have it now and it works like a champ. Thanks for the info. Now I have another problem. When I go to hover the heli I can not hold it in one spot. When I get it off of the ground it just has a mind of its own. It goes all over the place. I tried setting expo to the elevator and aileron at about 25 % and it still wanders. Could you please help me with this. Thanks Mike.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Trim Adjustments

Hello again I have yet another question, here goes, where do you set the trim up at on the sim or in the radio. I tried to set the elevator and aileron trims on the TX but it seems not to be working. The heli when off of the ground would just go to the left at sub sonic speeds and I could set the trim for it all the way to the right and warp speed to the left. Same with the elevator, heli goes forward, start working the trim to the rear no joy still goes backwards. Please Please help, I love this sim very much. Even with the quarks, it still helping me get better with my flying.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hello again I have yet another question, here goes, where do you set the trim up at on the sim or in the radio. I tried to set the elevator and aileron trims on the TX but it seems not to be working. The heli when off of the ground would just go to the left at sub sonic speeds and I could set the trim for it all the way to the right and warp speed to the left. Same with the elevator, heli goes forward, start working the trim to the rear no joy still goes backwards. Please Please help, I love this sim very much. Even with the quarks, it still helping me get better with my flying.
Did you calibrate your transmitter in the sim? You shouldn't need any trim if calibration was done properly.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 08-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Trim Adjustments

Hi Bum Yes I calibrated my TX several times and it still does it But I will try it again. Thanks for all or the help with this Sim.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in