Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 250 DFC PLUS: Potential 3GX MRS issue

So, I smashed my BTF (MRS) recently and I could not get local supply of 415's/gears in a hurry.

So I thought to myself, ok, I've got some eflite DS76's. I'll use them.

So this morning, I dig through the parts bin and as I am doing so I get this "sinking" feeling that it's not gonna work. Spykez, me boy, I says to myself, why the hell not? Some of the lads here use 'em....

Then it dawned on me....

The MRS setup is so rudimentary... There is no BX equivalent setup I step.

How the $@&@$! am I going to reverse any of the servo vectors on this unit? I can't reprogram my DS76's if the directions are wrong.

So now here I sit, staring at my disassembled 250, cursing....

I could take a punt and try and mount these elites, but honestly, I see no way I can reverse any of the cyclic servos if they turn out to be wrong. So they still sit and wait in their packaging.

Have I missed something bloody obvious here? Thanks, gents!

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I changed servos I'm my 250 plus and the servos were not going in the right direction I had to reverse them in my Tx.
Robcol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks but the servos on the BTF MRS are under the control of the FBL gyro and not the radio.

I can reverse cyclic or collective on the radio, yes, but that's one level above the ccpm the FBL unit does. The servo setup on this unit is extremely limited. Also, I cannot alter the gyro correction bar that of the tail.

I am trying a workaround today though.

I noticed the servo slots cut in the frame allow the elevator servo to be physically reversed. As in, you just mount it upside down in the other slot.

Now, the aux and the aileron servos can be reversed as well, but INCLUSIVELY, by swapping slots and inverting.

So whether this works would appear to depend on the directions the front cyclics will have. If they play ball, I'm good to go...

Old 06-14-2015, 02:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gah! The cyclics won't play ball.

I can physically reverse the ele servo by relocating it and see it correct correctly but not the two forward cyclics.

I could flip the gyro upside down and reverse the radio aileron and fix up the ele servo like I said, but that means the pots are inaccessible.

Unless I know how to reverse the servos physically or reverse the servos and/or maybe correction for the swash, ON THE GYRO, that's it for the MRS and the DS76's.

Looks like they intended the MRS to be used with their own servos only (or at least servos with similar orientation). This is something they don't tell you, lol. I might ask in the align FBL forum, I might be missing something, that said. Maybe I'm jumping the gun.

Ah well, my resupply should be arriving tomorrow, chuck in a vortex and all will be grand.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was never able to get the 3GX-MRS to work with DS76 servos, but I really wanted to use the servos (for the weight savings), so I ended up using a different FBL controller (AR7200BX)
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since I need to brush up on soldering (and have been known to be just bloody minded), I gonna try and reverse a DS76 electronically.

Wish me luck lol... And hope my resupply package (vortex etc) comes today!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in