Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

High voltage is all about efficiency, not like that topic which is just impossible to read...

One cell topic setup??

Please HF staff, some moderation has to be done here. We need Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect. Not endless trolling.
Janosax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdw910 View Post
Good day to you Colin. :-)
Good day to you too sir.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure the 450L will be popping up everywhere by the end of next week...exciting!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykster View Post
You're not comparing apples to apples here.
I think many have been comparing apples to apples in this 6S vs 3S debate, yet people still insist that theory outweighs people's real world experiences. I applaud his effort in trying to help spread helpful info, and stop the spreading of BS, for those that are unaware..
- Spektrum DX7
SeanM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok Boykster,

You've made a pretty darn good argument for the 3s side.

So explain to me this....

Why does the 450mx 3400kv motor perform so much better on 4s versus 3s?

The only difference is the voltage applied... Everything else stays the same.

You aren't even arguing against me... You said yourself that you aren't arguing there's a performance advantage between 6s and 3s.

You made the point about available stored power. That's not what the debate is about. Its about performance.

Which voltage supply can keep that motor turning no matter how hard its challenged..... 11.1V or 22.2V?
dwdw910 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janosax View Post
Please HF staff, some moderation has to be done here. We need Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect. Not endless trolling.
I agree.

It would be nice if Colin would respect other people's opinion and consider their experiences before trying to discredit them in the rudest manner possible. What I don't understand is why he feels the need to approach it this way when it's clear that the person is only trying to help. He's done it to me too when I was trying to help a fellow freak with his question about replacing servo gears. His approach is very abrasive.

I wish he wouldn't have changed his signature, it said a lot about why he behaves this way.
- Spektrum DX7
Old 08-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexwilly View Post
Impressive flying Mickey! I've seen that field before in a video, do you fly a DFC 700 there too?
Thanks, I personally don't have a 700 but a friend posted a video a couple weeks ago flying his 700 at our field. Did the video look like the guy was going to break his 700? That would of been trainwreck.
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanM View Post

It would be nice if Colin would respect other people's opinion and consider their experiences before trying to discredit them in the rudest manner possible.
And it would be nice if you would display the same courtesy.

Just remember, I wasn't the one that kicked all this off by making the ridiculous statement that "A 3s battery can barely pull 325mm blades." Am I right or wrong on that?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

You decided to take me literally on that..... of course it was a dramatized figure of speech to denote the bogging effect when executing extreme pitch pumps on 3s.

I also race motocross... and would say that 250F could barely pull that triple jump in the back section of the track.... Obviously, the motorcycle has plenty of power.... just that the way I perceive it- its not enough.

I've flown a 3s on 325mm Colin... I know it will take off and fly around.... 3D and all... Ive seen all the 3s Youtube videos.

I've seen your tail in hover videos Colin.... That's not going to challenge the motor enough to realize the power disadvantage.

This entire debate has not been about that..... Its been about 6s vs 3s.... Performance.
dwdw910 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe the two of you should PM eachother, now back to our normally schedule program.

This latest video shows more detail about the heli than the previous video. For me, it keeps getting better. It looks great and appears to fly great. The heli will be out before we know it.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinSouthern View Post
And it would be nice if you would display the same courtesy.

Just remember, I wasn't the one that kicked all this off by making the ridiculous statement that "A 3s battery can barely pull 325mm blades." Am I right or wrong on that?
It's quite obvious that he was exaggerating that statement in order to get a point across. Not sure why that's so hard for you to see. I surely wouldn't have used that as an excuse to try and take away his credibility. That's hitting below the belt in my book.
- Spektrum DX7
Old 08-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #132 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default New Trex 450 L Dominator!

Can you guys take your debate on 3S vs 6S to another thread somewhere more appropriate. I would like this one to get back on the topic of the 450L.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

6S 450s generally run about 1300 mAh batteries(effectively the same energy as a 2600 mAh 3S) as opposed to the 2200 mAh batteries which are common on 3S ones so you have a bit more energy which helps increase flight time but generally you will use more power with a 6S setup so flight time is roughly the same (that's not the reason to go 6S).

I just wish Align would just release a bare kit without electronics so we can all use what we want (and save some money).
tracernz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyjohnston View Post
Thanks, I personally don't have a 700 but a friend posted a video a couple weeks ago flying his 700 at our field. Did the video look like the guy was going to break his 700? That would of been trainwreck.
Yup that's the one!

Nice flying, both of you!

Are you thinking of getting a 450L?
Trexwilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdw910 View Post

I've flown a 3s on 325mm Colin... I know it will take off and fly around.... 3D and all... Ive seen all the 3s Youtube videos.
Then (hopefully) you'll agree that they're capable of flying around very very nicely indeed.

Quote:
I've seen your tail in hover videos Colin.... That's not going to challenge the motor enough to realize the power disadvantage.
Why - ON EARTH - would ANYONE - EVER - assume that because they've seen my "tail in hover videos" that I'd EVER be suggesting - even for a moment - that was going to be any kind of defence for 3S performance over 6S performance?

Honestly, if that's your position, then it's just gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. And if that's NOT your position, then why even mention it? Do you seriously think that all I ever do with my helis is tail-in hovering?

Quote:
This entire debate has not been about that..... Its been about 6s vs 3s.... Performance.
Debate is one word for it -- I can think of others.

Nobody is saying 6S can't "haul ass" -- what IS being said is that (a) 3S can "haul ass" too (as amply demonstrated in the KDE videos, and in MickyJohnstone's videos) and (b) just because a heli is "hauling ass" and is running 6S, doesn't necessarily equate to all of the "ass hauling" being just due to it being 6S.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
It's quite obvious that he was exaggerating that statement in order to get a point across. Not sure why that's so hard for you to see. I surely wouldn't have used that as an excuse to try and take away his credibility. That's hitting below the belt in my book.
Well I take it as someone just playing free and loose with the truth - "adjusting" things to suit their own biased opinions. And I can well imagine anyone who doesn't know any better simply taking it at face value and not even considering a 3S 450 because they "obviously perform so poorly".

Hitting "below the belt" was when - rather than just admitting it was "a bit of an exaggeration", he laid into me with all manner of character assassinations.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want one for sure, I'll have to check my finances first. I got my 450 pro the first week it was released, so I really got my moneys worth. It's all align equipment with a vbar. It's been a good little heli with only a couple complaints. This 450L will be better yet so I already have that " I want one" feeling.

What about you guys. Who's getting one the first week it comes out? The lucky few to get one of the first shipments needs to post some videos.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #138 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default New Trex 450 L Dominator!

I don't think I will have one of the first batch although I would live too. I'm thinking it will be more of a winter build.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just watched the newest video ("Test Flight 2"). They show some better views of the heli itself at the start.

Does anyone else think that fitting different packs may not be quite as easy (or universal) as we're hoping? There have been comments that the tray will be nice, as you can easily adjust CoG front/back. That does sound pretty cool.

But I noticed that they have the flat cells aligned vertically. Kind of like the pages of a book sitting "upright"/vertically on a bookshelf. As opposed to having the cells just-about-horizontal, the way we're used to (sort of like that book having tipped over on the bookshelf).

So the "thickness" of the pack (eg- whether each cell is 5mm vs 3mm thick) is sandwiched between the frame sides. That works fine for the pack they show, clearly. But there doesn't appear to be much more room to accommodate additional thickness, the kind that would require the frame plates to spread further apart. Nor necessarily to accommodate a pack that was "wider" (which now goes up/down in the frame, and needs to fit under the lip where the ESC is mounted).

I've seen pics of some packs on here that are considerably thicker than my Gens Ace 1200 30C. I'd expect mine would fit without trouble.

But it looks to me like there could be issues with some dimensions on bulkier packs. "Thicker" packs may not fit. And wider ones might have trouble too. Longer appears fine, but most higher-capacity packs I've seen don't appear to be longer.
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinSouthern View Post
Well I take it as someone just playing free and loose with the truth - "adjusting" things to suit their own biased opinions. And I can well imagine anyone who doesn't know any better simply taking it at face value and not even considering a 3S 450 because they "obviously perform so poorly".

Hitting "below the belt" was when - rather than just admitting it was "a bit of an exaggeration", he laid into me with all manner of character assassinations.
Wow, that's what I'm trying to do with what you're saying... Could it be that we both feel a need to defend the decisions we make with our prized 450's? It all just depends on your perspective. You're hell bent on proving to everyone, including those with years of experience over you, that you are right and they are wrong when it comes to whether or not 3S can perform comparably to 6S. I'm trying to explain the fact the 6S just makes more sense.

Being that I've tried both, I KNOW which is a better match. Your opinion will not change that fact. My experience outweighs your opinion I'm afraid. Sorry if that's hard for you to swallow, but that's how people work. If you don't want to believe it, don't. More batteries for the rest of us.
- Spektrum DX7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in