Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

"So we just had a helifreak user sit down and design a improvment over the TDR design, rumored to be the best engineered helicopter in the world? Seems most think they are amoung the very best designed helicopters in the world, and I'm slightly worried that suchs a important issue exsists, and that it takes a helifreak user to sort it."

Not at all, i've never stripped a gear on 3 tdr's flying monster motors hard 3d but it's cool and different which is why i want one call it snob appeal as i want my tdr to look a little diferent than the others at my field.
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
So we just had a helifreak user sit down and design a improvment over the TDR design, rumored to be the best engineered helicopter in the world? Seems most think they are amoung the very best designed helicopters in the world, and I'm slightly worried that suchs a important issue exsists, and that it takes a helifreak user to sort it.
Like Edvard and Stolla said, no one "needs" this, it's just looks great with the added benefit of keeping things cooler.

More importantly, you mentioned that you're "slightly worried" that there's an issue. Let me clarify -- there is no real issue here. Yes, the thread title is "TDR gear fail in flight" but the only "issue" is/was incorrect gear mesh.

If you set the main gear incorrectly in ANY heli -- from an mCPx to a TDR -- you'll have a problem: the main gear will eventually strip or melt.
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

The "problem" is the TDR is more and more common.
It was special at the beginning, but as there are more owners, of course they want their TDR to be different.
It is like the Align, their users always have upgrade here or there, not just because some upgraded parts work better, but because they want something different.
Nothing bad with it, stock TDR is great, but why not have airbrushed canopy, CF skids, nice Jive and motor heatsink...

I bought TDR because there was nothing on it which would need upgrading, from both look and mechanical side.
Then i found it could be improved, but they are all things which are not much significant, so - still the best heli i could buy.
- TDR #2, Scorpion 4525LE, PowerJive, MKS HBL950/980, Vbar
- TDR #1 (stock, sold at 700+ flights), e-Revo, Protos 500, Jeti DS14
jointer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So we just had a helifreak user sit down and design a improvment over the TDR design, rumored to be the best engineered helicopter in the world? Seems most think they are amoung the very best designed helicopters in the world, and I'm slightly worried that suchs a important issue exsists, and that it takes a helifreak user to sort it.
Do you fly one or are you just stirring?
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

He could just be looking for a reason to talk himself out of something that he wants.

I can think of plenty of reasons why I shouldn't get a TDR, but I still want one

I think that the passion and intensity shown by TDR owners to get their heli to another level is an asset!

While the guys in the 550E forum can talk about all the different upgrade options to fix what seem like major design issues, the TDR folks are engineering cutting edge solutions themselves.

I just like the direction the guys in this forum are going. Kindred spirits
Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool mod... I think the Banshee proofed that a belt only drive train can take massive load even at 16s and real monster motors! Great work HSC!
@felborn: the perfect model doesn't exist... everyone has his preferences and there are models which match this and other don't.
-klaus
Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli G View Post
Do you fly one or are you just stirring?
I dont own or fly one, but are considering and have been watching this part of the forum more closely lately. Having no access to one, I can only judge from feedback here and pictures one the web. My comment was not meant to "stir", but it was a honest question as Im really wondering how the actual quality of this kit is.
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's the only model by now which didn't shave gears even at really extreme flights with >11KW peaks. Of course even an Henseleit has it's limit as anything, but this limit is way higher than most other brands. If you want a smooth, reliable machine... that's the way to go. Only real negative side is the waiting cue... but, at least here, it's easy to get a new or even 2011 used model. I would recommend it every time besides people wanting to fly smack-down style.
-Klaus
Old 10-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I dont own or fly one, but are considering and have been watching this part of the forum more closely lately. Having no access to one, I can only judge from feedback here and pictures one the web. My comment was not meant to "stir", but it was a honest question as Im really wondering how the actual quality of this kit is.
Just thought your way of asking the question is quite peculiar, having a sarcastic undertone.
If you have read through all the forum threads here I really don’t know how you can still be concerned by quality. You will find that, collectively, we have beaten on the TDRs to the extent where pushing the limits has become the norm – just consider the custom wound lipo puffing motors we run on it with crazy pitch and yet there are no breakdowns.
Of course, as with all helis, you have to apply sound mechanical judgement and setup. I also think it would be naive to think that the TDR cannot be improved. I’m sure it can and will, but right now I think it is hard t beat iro performance, quality and reliability.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nobody tried insane hs and pitch on acrobat shark ?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgno View Post
nobody tried insane hs and pitch on acrobat shark ?
Shark is a nice. light model and therefore doesn't need insane head-speed. If you do so... be aware of your tail belt. Check and exchange it regularly.
-Klaus
Old 10-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i meant regarding very fast flight with shark
like you do with tdr ... is shark suitable for this use ?
Old 10-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It wasn't build for that... the Voodoo in the 600-class flies pretty fast and is in it's design (canopy, lower head, ...) closer to the TDR design.
-Klaus
Old 10-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi, was just a curiosity
I really like how the shark flies, it really fit my slow 3d style
thank you
Old 10-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarks View Post
Curious to know a few things:

Is the belt a commonly available belt that was originally produced for something else or is it custom as well?

What would the gear ratio of this set-up be?

Is the motor pinion custom as well?

Will different pinions be available to accomodate different kv set-ups?

While I don't have my TDR yet, I am still very interested in this drive system but, with the TDR already being a somewhat "custom" heli, in that parts are only available thru Jan in Germany, the thought of having a "super custom" drive system that may or may not have a limited production run has me kinda nervous about future availability.
I guess one could just buy a couple set-ups so that they would have spares.

Great work HSC and thanks Edvard for putting in the "leg work" to try to get these produced!

J.
Did I miss the answers to these questions?
700LE Vbar-YS91SR, SB-19 / 700LE Beastx-OS91HZ non-pumped, SB-20 / Henseleit TDR-Vbar, Jive 120/Pyro 700-52, 8917/9188 / Logo 600 SE-Vbar, 12s, 4035-3Y, Jive 120HV / Logo 600 3D-Vbar, 12s, 4030-3Y, Jive 80HV / Compass 3D+-Beastx, YS56, Outrage H56
jstarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #76 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oho few days off this tread and soo many post.....man this thing is hott !!

- Mee and my friends have been testig the reductor........................

Ok hear you goo some anwsers :

- If someday come too production....................

- the price for machined this in Europe is too high for most of users hear ( 250 to 300 E), so the only way is if Edvard found some solution in Taiwan.....

- The belt is standard HTD 3M 14mm wide, you can get in almost any shop wich sell belts. The price of belt is 5 - 12 Eur depends wich producer ( Gates, 3M.....)

-Gear ratio: The main pulley is 72 T, pinions should bee awaliable in 14,15,16,17,18 T ( it is not the same tooth count like original )

- Yes, the motor pinion is custom as well

- No, if there will production, there will bee spears, but the system is practicly imposible to destroyed as long is made from AL 7075 Grade, this grade is 3X exspenciver than normal heli aluminium wich most producer use, it have 30 Rockwels I gess....

In attachment file you have more precize drawing how the thing looks like
Attached Files
File Type: pdf reduktor_explode_Drawing.pdf (278.6 KB, 246 views)
Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldnt care how much this cost. This would give me the excuse to get another TDR
soangp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you ever looked at this?
http://www.emachineshop.com/

You can use their tool to design a part and then you can pick the materials, method of construction and volume.

eMachineShop CAD Tutorial (6 min 11 sec)

The cool part about this is that you could share your design so that others could have their own built here.

Carbon Fiber, aluminum, nylon, whatever you need
Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #79 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jeah............I have look stis Software.

- Not good for such a komplex assemblys.

- Even the max quality of Alu is 6xxx, poor too.

So not an option for this aplication.

Stil waiting for the replay from Edward, nothing new for now.

Regards
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

If reservation list, i need one !
Trivium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in