Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face Esky Belt beginner problems

I've just found out why my Esky Belt CP battery takes 6 hours to charge. So far, I find that I have been able to repair the last sessions damage in that time. This saves me from getting frustrated waiting for it to charge
I am only slightly less ignorant than I was a few questions ago. My latest question: Why, when I am only skimming the grass tops, and attempt to stop, does the rotor blade clip the horizontal fin? Could the Gain on the transmitter be set too low? Are the rotors riding too low somehow? I would appreciate your help. I quite enjoy the repair work, by the way. Helps me learn.
wallyh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like the head is too loose.

Check and make sure that the nuts inside the blade holders on the feathering shaft are tight enough.. it should flex.. but not too much.

Also.. when you stop are you slowly dropping the throttle or quickly? Sometimes new pilots (myself included) tend to "panic" drop the throttle which drops the heli too quickly and momentum carries the blades into the boom.. and CRUNCH..

Michael

EDIT: When tightening the nuts.. tighten them until things feel a little "notchy" when you turn the blade grip.. then back it off JUST until it turns smoothly.

Last edited by mgjones; 01-03-2010 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: More info:
mgjones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you Michael. I will check those nuts and I do tend to drop the throttle suddenly when I seee I am heading for disaster. I appreciate your comments.
Wally
wallyh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did it myself today. Commonly know as a boom strike when the main blades hit the boom. Can happen by dumping the throttle to quickly. Sometime it just happens to strike exactly where the h.fin is!!

If you think your gonna crash, you should try the throttle hold switch if you have a tx with one. I still forget, as my latest 'progress' video shows.
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in