Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2016, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TRex 450 DFC Set Screw

I've got a Trex 450 DFC. While tinkering with it on the bench, a set screw fell out of somewhere. The manual shows two set screws--one for the pinion and one in the tail hub. Neither of those are missing from the heli so I am lost as to where this set screw came from. Is there another one in the manual that I missed or is there one on the heli that's not in the manual? Thanks for the help.
rrweather is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

is it from the main shaft collar? or the bottom of the motor main shaft grub screw?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I looked in the manual and couldn't find the two spots you mentioned. I've gone over the heli and can't find anything missing. My thought is to slowly spin the motor up to see if anything obvious happens, like some slippage. Unless someone has a better idea? Thank you.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It very will could have been parked somewhere on the heli, and just finally dropped out, did you build the heli yourself or purchase it? Someone else could have lost it during the build and it had gotten lodged somewhere..
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My farther used to say that a repair is successful if you find a place for all the screws in the end! Well, I have so many loose screws that does not really apply to me

Depending on your 450, it may have two or three set screws. The pinion, tail shaft hub, and possibly main shaft collar. The last one is not present in newer models, as the shaft itself has a shoulder on that spot.
Dr.Rudder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys. It was RTF when I bought it new last year. The manual listed the 2 I mentioned, which are still in place. There were 2 more "set screws" listed in the parts list but they were never indicated on any of the diagrams. They were also quite large, according to the parts list. The one I found looks like the same size as what's on the pinion and tail.

I will see what happens when I spin the motor up. Worst case it crashes and I tell my wife I need a goblin to replace it!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Depending on what type of shaft you are using, you may have a collar under the swashplate that bears down on the top bearing mount. It is secured by two grub screws. It may be one of those!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grub screws.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	634957  
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in