Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2015, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New addition to the 130x family

Finally received my parts copter and finished my third 130x build all out of spare parts. She flys good will get a ds76t once the new linear tail dies out. Hp08s on stock everything almost has Rakon tail case. This one is going to be a rocket
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	623153  
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow I'm jealous.I bought 1 last winter love the 130. Had a slight tail strike and after that I have been trying to figure the tail issues out till now. Finally getting it solid. Have one more upgrade on tail I'm going to do than I will just fly it. I put the aluminum tail grips and tail pitch slider one and now going to put on a aluminum tail case and that will do it for me for now and see how it does.
sooners is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2015, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners View Post
Wow I'm jealous.I bought 1 last winter love the 130. Had a slight tail strike and after that I have been trying to figure the tail issues out till now. Finally getting it solid. Have one more upgrade on tail I'm going to do than I will just fly it. I put the aluminum tail grips and tail pitch slider one and now going to put on a aluminum tail case and that will do it for me for now and see how it does.
Thanks yeah they are lots of fun , I likes me some tune and fly.

What tail case and grips did you get?
Old 12-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the micro heli stuff that is what my local shop had in stock so I just got it. I did order a lynx tail boom with center bearing support with the tail supports and put it on. I figured with the other tail upgrades I would just stay with micro heli since that is what he had and I put them on. Working great just tired of those bearings ovaling out the casing causes a little wobble. He has that on order for me should be in pretty soon and that is all I'm going to do for now.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooners View Post
I got the micro heli stuff that is what my local shop had in stock so I just got it. I did order a lynx tail boom with center bearing support with the tail supports and put it on. I figured with the other tail upgrades I would just stay with micro heli since that is what he had and I put them on. Working great just tired of those bearings ovaling out the casing causes a little wobble. He has that on order for me should be in pretty soon and that is all I'm going to do for now.
You should be good with that ,only other thing would be a rotary tail servo later on .
Old 12-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
You should be good with that ,only other thing would be a rotary tail servo later on .

Yes you are correct I forgot to mention that is the other thing I want to do for sure. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took it out to a field this evening, that hp08s screams. Very nice tail hold and lots of hang time in the air. rpms are constant no bogging. Very satisfied . This thing shoots around in the sky with lots of power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	623326  
Old 12-06-2015, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice looks great. hope this tail case eliminates this little wobble I think it should it is getting pretty solid with the other upgrades I done. Wish they would come out with another 130 with all upgrades and all issues fixed love this little heli. In my dreams right.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did add the Microheli tail but it did not last for long before it was playing up again. I have gone back to the stock tail.

When this thing flies, it flies amazingly but most of the time it’s a pile of junk. I cannot remember the last time I flew it, which is a shame as it’s a good heli when working correctly.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 06:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get rid of that tail servo. If it wobbles in tight turns or funnels it's probably that little turd of a servo.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toocool4 View Post
When this thing flies, it flies amazingly but most of the time it’s a pile of junk. I cannot remember the last time I flew it, which is a shame as it’s a good heli when working correctly.
Saddens me this statement but its sooo common... I forget the hoops I jumped through early on, but do remember that I crashed more than I flew. Now however its works flawlessly just need to clean the servos every so often. Its pretty stock

Parts
TBS 3rd bearing TT
Metal B gear
Lynx DS883 tail servo

Mods
O'rings all round
Shim main shaft
Dynamic balance tail blades
Slot the motor mount to set gear mesh

Maint
Clean Servos every 20-40 flights
Replace bearings as required

I crash this quite a bit (every 10 or so flights), rarely break anything, at least 50% of the time pick up and fly again - albeit I know I need to replace bearings fairly often - mostly TT rear.

Main thing is get the drive train unbelievably smooth no notches at all when spinning with the main drive disconnected from the motor. Keep servos clean.
HedgeHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Get rid of that tail servo. If it wobbles in tight turns or funnels it's probably that little turd of a servo.
Are you referring to the linear tail servo? If so its new so it flys good no tail wag just added a carbon push rod to it and the Lynx linear servo mount. So it good for now will be getting a ds76t when thi one wears out.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHeli View Post
Saddens me this statement but its sooo common... I forget the hoops I jumped through early on, but do remember that I crashed more than I flew. Now however its works flawlessly just need to clean the servos every so often. Its pretty stock

Parts
TBS 3rd bearing TT
Metal B gear
Lynx DS883 tail servo

Mods
O'rings all round
Shim main shaft
Dynamic balance tail blades
Slot the motor mount to set gear mesh

Maint
Clean Servos every 20-40 flights
Replace bearings as required

I crash this quite a bit (every 10 or so flights), rarely break anything, at least 50% of the time pick up and fly again - albeit I know I need to replace bearings fairly often - mostly TT rear.

Main thing is get the drive train unbelievably smooth no notches at all when spinning with the main drive disconnected from the motor. Keep servos clean.
I refuse to spend anymore money on the 130x, i will get it back out one day especially now that the indoor flying time is back with us. If i cannot get it to fly well, i will just use the T-Rex250.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in