Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
The N7 mounts were designed to accommodate a gasser if memory serves correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
The OS GT15, yes. There's also a pinion to go with that engine.
piece of junk motor, so not try to fly this motor guys. I have yet to read of anyone getting 5+ gallons through one before it eats itself.

a gasser is a Zenoah motor. there is no equal! lol

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I'm from the UK and I bought a N5C, and its a great quality heli I have to say!! But the distribution of Synergy products here in the UK is just rubbish!!
My experience is, when the TT parts and N5Ctt came out I converted my heli to the same spec as the new kit. Apart from one part, the new style canopy. I have asked and asked and pestered one of the reps about it but nothing has happened in what must be 10 months at least now since the release of the new kit. If i'm having this experience what about the people who bought a new kit and have had a bump and need to replace the canopy and can't. My model has just been sat there for this time waiting for the canopy, I sold my removed parts inclding the old style canopy. From what i can tell the company that imports into the UK does not seem interested in this model range... Its a crying shame because I feel its a great model but they can't be selling many in the UK with such a lack of support.
It could be time to get rid of it as it does not seem to be improving, And its just the reason why I got a trex700n rather than an N7.
0 out of 10 for Synergy in the UK....
flyboydave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you tried to contact Matt and Amy directly? I don't see why they would not ship directly to you.... I order most all of my synergy parts from them instead of other suppliers, just to help support the brand. more of the money goes straight to synergy if they are purchase straight through Matt and Amy.

I understand you are in the UK, but check with Matt and Amy and see if they will ship directly to you....I am very lucky and only live a few hours from them. I get my parts the next day.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been amazed at the number of synergy machines I've seen at fun fly's. Even more amazed at the number of synergy nitro models I saw at IRCHA this year! I'd say synergy is growing strongly, and I think those that own them will agree there's no question of the kit quality or flight performance. Solid machines for sure;-).

I had some minor missing pieces in my kit and after screwing around a little trying to figure out what's up, in the end all it took was one email to the Botos couple and I got a very quick reply and Amy had the part on it's way ASAP and I was in the air in no time. I met Matt at IRCHA and he was personable and helpful. The whole Synergy team seemed to have a good time there. It looked to me like life is good for those folks;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
Truth.

When I got my N5c going, the E5 got dusty quick. I sold it soon after and replaced it with an N7. The N7 is a beast, but I still split time with the N5c. Fantastic helis.

Now we just need a gasser airframe to round out the lineup.

(That's a hint for those following along Matt)

The N7 will work as a gasser the OS gt15hz bolts right in. I'm selling my electric heli and rounding up the funds to put a N7 together too I'm not sure if I want to use the OS 91hz-r 3D or the OS 105 hz-r but one of those is going in there. Then I will have my N5c and it's bigger brother the N7.
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

do yourself a favor and buy the ys91srx. easy to tune, easy to break in, and a ton more power than any os motor. i used to be a OS guy and then i flew a YS91SRX. lets say that was 1 expensive flight for me cause i sold all OS105hzr and bought the YS motor for my 3 700N's

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My OS 105HZ-R has been awesome since getting the proper high needle seat from Steve Helms at IRCHA. Many were machined oversized which caused a bunch of tuning issues and loss of power.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My OS 105HZ-R has been awesome since getting the proper high needle seat from Steve Helms at IRCHA. Many were machined oversized which caused a bunch of tuning issues and loss of power.
same here. its extremely powerful, more power than I really need honestly. I still may try a .91 one day, just to say I tried one though....

FYI, the high needle seat issue was only in the last year or so, so if your motor is older than that, it should have the correct seat in it....THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD, I DO NOT HAVE ANY DATA TO SUPPORT THAT STATEMENT...lol

Old 08-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're almost closed on the mid and about 3/4 out on the high for it to run half decent, you need a new seat.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have flown the OS 91hz-R 3D and it was really nice. It was quiet for a nitro and the power delivery was smooth and it had plenty available. I flew my buddy's N7 right after Matt Botos tuned it at the snohomish fun fly and I was very impressed. Not to mention that all black motor looks awesome. But I don't want to close my mind off to other options and opinions from experiences other pilots have had.
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you're almost closed on the mid and about 3/4 out on the high for it to run half decent, you need a new seat.
Matt had my High needle all the way closed, and it was still too rich.....that incorrect seat really causes a lot of issues. they should go public and make a formal announcement and get people the proper seat. if you weren't at IRCHA, you wouldn't have known, and you wouldn't have the correct seat.....and that would suck....

Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its supposedly public knowledge now. Steve Helms has supposedly notified Hobbico, but the right people don't seem to be getting the info.

I know he's been contacted again and he's supposed to talk to Hobbico again.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Synergy keeps the grass roots in this hobby alive!!Ashas been said Matt and Amy are great
people.Ive met them both Matt at Mid-Am funfly and Amy at Ircha. Oh and I've met Jeff at Ircha also.Matt even took the time to fly my heli and give me a few tips!
I love my E5 fantastic machine... Thinking about a N5 to replace my Tsa 600.!!
I have 3 550 class machines and the E5 is my fave..even over my G570!!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Matt is the only owner that hasn't avoided contact with a customer, at least in my experience.

I am taking donations to rebuild my original kit . I just finished rebuilding the used frame I picked up. Hoping to test it next weekend once then rx pack comes in.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1, on the off chance that something does go wrong, Matt and Amy are very quick to take care of it. It's really awesome being able to ring up someone at the company who can quickly nail down any issues.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswatter40 View Post
Digger you had better grab that E5 as I've talked a buddy here into it, he is so impressed with mine. I'm just waiting on my N5Ctt to come in, I fly my Synergy E5 the most, I'm on 12S though and just love it!!!

Not sure if it's the same kit your all talking about, but I bought one from Dennis....climbing the walls waiting for it to arrive.
Ontaeronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome, Carl! Welcome to Synergy!!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hoping to be flying mine in about an hour
Old 09-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this the official re-maiden, James??
Old 09-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

It should of been. Lost interest in trying after I found the bent link. Hoping to do the official remaiden tonight after work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in