Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swash height troubleshooting

new heli pilot here, I picked up a used MSR and have been trying to get the hang of things (coming from the air hogs havoc I got for my 5yo, bit different). Anyway, after much crashing I've developed some vibration and after trying the basics (swash level tool, blade grips, etc) I decided to just rebuild most of the assembly. Yesterday I put on a new main rotor shaft, anti-rotation guide, main rotor hub, and blade grips. the main blades and tail rotor blade where replaced a short while ago. So now that everything is back together I have a problem with the swash guide pin popping out of the guide, it seems that the swash is just riding too high on the rotor shaft. now when the right stick is put all the way upper left corner the pin pops straight out of the guide every time. I've seen pics of other peoples MSRs and their swash sits a lot lower...WTF did I assemble incorrectly???

question #2: how do the brass feathering pin washers stay in place? mine fly off as soon as the rotor spins up! as you can see from the first pic they aren't there at the moment.

and for basic flight troubleshooting - she always wants to head to the left (looking tail in)

any help is greatly appreciated!

BostonBullit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, where to start. Your feathering shaft should be going THROUGH the grips which is why your washers fly off. The feathering shaft is the axis on which the blades can rotate, yours cannot do that because the grips are sitting on the feathering shaft instead of being wrapped around it. Take the grips off, make sure there are O-rings stuffed into the rotor head, put the feathering shaft through the head and the O-rings, put the washers back on and then reinstall the grips.
Your swash is too high because your servo pushrods are almost completely unscrewed. Pop them off of the swash arms, and screw them back down.
After seeing these pics, I would take the entire rotor head assembly apart and then put it back together correctly, because from what I can see there are a few issues.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoSantango View Post
Ok, where to start. Your feathering shaft should be going THROUGH the grips which is why your washers fly off. The feathering shaft is the axis on which the blades can rotate, yours cannot do that because the grips are sitting on the feathering shaft instead of being wrapped around it. Take the grips off, make sure there are O-rings stuffed into the rotor head, put the feathering shaft through the head and the O-rings, put the washers back on and then reinstall the grips.
Your swash is too high because your servo pushrods are almost completely unscrewed. Pop them off of the swash arms, and screw them back down.
After seeing these pics, I would take the entire rotor head assembly apart and then put it back together correctly, because from what I can see there are a few issues.

well there ya go then, I figured I had it put together bass askwards. . I'll do as you say and report back. thanks for the quick reply!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr CocoSantango T you are THE MAN. I got the thing reassembled properly which lets the blade grips sit lower which lets the swash sit lower which lets me move the servo rod ends lower. to it all level by eye and fired her up: hovering 2' off the ground on the first try! finally acts like the one in Great Planes! of course I got a bit ahead of myself and ended up crashing but now that I know what I was doing wrong I can get things re-aligned and up and running again.

thanks for pointing out my worse than rookie mistake.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. I've never seen that before.

Once the grips are taken apart and installed correctly, you should be able to re-assemble it and re-trim the links.
hydro_pyro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in