Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I don't get the idea of taking many tiny steps towards a bigger heli.
Tell me about it, buddy. I went from a 120 SR to a T500 EFL. Talk about a steep learning curve
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I've used these CF blades on my Blade SR in the past with success. They're really good quality. They just came back in stock today. They are 1cm longer than the stock blades. I'd recommend them. They're from a US store and they ship fast, HeliDirect.

- Larry
Just a tip -

FBL blades are different than FB blades and they can make a huge difference. Usually when you put FB blades on a FBL heli you're heli will get really pitchy, and it will bite a lot harder on the collective, to the point where you just blow on the collective and it will pop.

FBL blades have a CoG that is closer to the tip of the blade. And, chord-wise the CoG is closer to the leading edge.

This makes a difference in how the blades feather through the air as well as on how stable the heli is (from a gyroscopic-effect standpoint)

If you look closely, you'll see that the part numbers for the SR blades (FB) and the 300 X (FBL) blades are different, even though they look similar at a glance.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydekay View Post
Just a tip -

FBL blades are different than FB blades and they can make a huge difference. Usually when you put FB blades on a FBL heli you're heli will get really pitchy, and it will bite a lot harder on the collective, to the point where you just blow on the collective and it will pop.

FBL blades have a CoG that is closer to the tip of the blade. And, chord-wise the CoG is closer to the leading edge.

This makes a difference in how the blades feather through the air as well as on how stable the heli is (from a gyroscopic-effect standpoint)

If you look closely, you'll see that the part numbers for the SR blades (FB) and the 300 X (FBL) blades are different, even though they look similar at a glance.

Yes I have Thunder Power 325 FB blades on my T-Rex 450 Pro, using Vbar 5.24. Its very pitchy around centre. Flies great in the air - piro hurricanes and rainbows are really locked in - but landing is an effort. I have normal mode at only 50% throttle to bring it down gently or I just hit the throttle hold before I land.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydekay View Post
Just a tip -

I read about these differences and most people report on this forum and RCG that they can't tell any difference. I can't personally speak from experience because I haven't tried it yet. That being said, the HeliDirect blades are 10mm longer each and have a shorter chord wich I'm guessing would lead to less of that pitchiness by having a smaller facing area on the angle of attack and a further out CG. I sent in a question to the Horizon podcast about the difference between the two blades (300x and SR) and John Redman couldn't answer but he said he'll find out and answer on next week's podcast.

I personally, just feel more comfortable using the FBL blades that were made for that heli, especially since there's no difference in visibility in the air. I just spent a few hundred on a heli, I'm not complaining about spending $30 more for good blades meant specifically for this bird. It's nice to know there's options though.

- Larry
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I read about these differences and most people report on this forum and RCG that they can't tell any difference....

- Larry
I can tell you from first hand experience that it makes a * big * difference on the 450 with the Microbeast.

Mahbouni has the same experience with his TP's which are really nice $40 FB blades, and he's using the Vbar.

This isn't a marketing scheme or anything silly like that. They make FBL blades for a reason.

It's not really that you need to use the blades that are specific to a certain model (although that's a safe bet). But you should definitely try to use the right type of blade for the right type of stabilization system (FB or FBL).

PS - I fly mostly FB blades on my FBL 450, but thats only because I have 16 sets of CF FB blades that I need to burn through - so far I'm on set #2. I bought them before I went FBL.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I don't get the idea of taking many tiny steps towards a bigger heli. Even a 120 is gonna be likely to break things in a crash but won't be much more useful of a training tool than the mCP. Why not just practice on a sim, then take it to an mCP and when it's effortless on the mCP do it with the 300X? That way you can still fly outside your skill set with the mCp consequence free and have a better performing bird to really learn to fly within your abilities with.
I've already got a modded 400 but I'm not interested in chucking it about the sky because it's too intimidating and too much effort to set up and fix. I end up cruising around with it and sighing with relief when it touches down in one piece, and that's after a year of flying and countless hours on the sim. The mcpx is loads more fun because I can throw it about in all orientations and not worry when it piles into the ground; I had it inverted within weeks it's so easy to fly.

A brushless 120CPX would be a step up which could do all the 3D I'd ever want and it would be lighter and more robust than a 300, which I expect will be just as fragile as a 450 but more fiddly to work on. I do like the spec of the 300 and the videos look amazing, I'm sure I would want one if I didn't already have the 400 but I've realised the micro-birds are more fun for me. If Blade don't come up with something for beginners I'll end up with a V120D02S but I don't really want to waste money on another TX.

I just hope they don't waste their time with a fixed-pitch 120X, that would be such a disappointment.
Andrew73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have taken interest in this heli, I am looking for something to fly in small areas, already love my beastx on my 500 and parts are cheap for this.

I am considering this as a replacement for my mcpx, yes cant be flown indoors like a mcpx but looks like a good yard flyer.
photocycler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think im gonna retire my x2, i have 10 1300 lipos, scorpion 3400kv, mks ds95i, waiting for it!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Count-Down Continues...

It's seriously looking like the 300X will become a very popular Heli!

For the Horizon Hobby Blade Development folks, I'm hoping they could get a jump on the aftermarket companies and seriously consider releasing some different colored canopies, blades, and fin's to allow a greater range of personalization.

My 450X will pretty much remain stock in looks and my 3 mCPX's will still be flown, but with the 300X, I plan to log some numerous flights ... I love the smaller Heli's!

However, I do plan to shelf most of my Walkera fleet though if this 300X is everything I'm hoping it to be!

Last edited by R3L72; 04-01-2012 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: Increase the size of the font.
R3L72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #390 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel880516 View Post
I think im gonna retire my x2, i have 10 1300 lipos, scorpion 3400kv, mks ds95i, waiting for it!
Do you really anticipate the new BLADE 300X to be a better performer than the X2?

The only thing I can say for certain at this point is that the BLADE has a shorter main-rotor diameter, which says it should be a quicker turning heli. If the BLADE is heavier than the GAUI then that would somewhat negate the effects of the smaller rotorblade diameter. I doubt that the BLADE will be heavier becuase it uses plastic in alot of the places where the GAUI uses aluminum. The more I type the more I can see the new BLADE 300X possibly besting the GAUI X2. No way to say for certain until I fly them back to back. How much longer do we have to wait?
glarepro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by glarepro View Post
Do you really anticipate the new BLADE 300X to be a better performer than the X2?

The only thing I can say for certain at this point is that the BLADE has a shorter main-rotor diameter, which says it should be a quicker turning heli. If the BLADE is heavier than the GAUI then that would somewhat negate the effects of the smaller rotorblade diameter. I doubt that the BLADE will be heavier becuase it uses plastic in alot of the places where the GAUI uses aluminum. The more I type the more I can see the new BLADE 300X possibly besting the GAUI X2. No way to say for certain until I fly them back to back. How much longer do we have to wait?
The unofficial word is the 16th of this month is when they hit Horizon for shipping out. Kinda cool that Blade is actually being compared to the likes of Align, GAUI, etc... It doesn't matter if it's better or not, but the comparisons are being made and they never really were before. Congrats Horizon / E-flite / Blade, you've come a looooooong way since the Blade CP.

- Larry
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #392 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by glarepro View Post

I have only had belt issues, and Gaui never responded to cure the problem instead some Helifreaks from Europe had to machine some custom pulley to cure the problem a bit, but still will slip during tic tocs and hard pitch pumps, ball links from the blade grip will bent after a crash, and you have to buy brand new blade grips just because of that, and the screw that holds the head block to the main shaft is ridiculously small (like the mcpx screw that holds the main board to the frame) that I had to buy a head block after my first crash because it snapped inside, other than that it's a super powerful and smooth excellent heli. They are focusing more on their bigger guys, you can see in the Gaui 255 forum, most likely you won't see any reps responding to issues compared to the X5 and X7 forum, and that's what makes me think twice, having 10 almost brand new 1300 3s sitting around, while I need to send my tail case to a guy from Netherlands to put a custom pulley for better meshing. I kinda wanna give up to be honest, plus parts have to be ordered online etc. etc. So far, having my 450x for 2 weeks, I'm very confident with the design, and seems like the 300x is sharing a lot of the design from the 450x, at least there is no major flaw that will cause any crashes like the X2, 2 crashes I had are from tic tocs, and I have a footage of it.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #393 (permalink)
Registered Users

all of the above is why i sold my X2, after the 3rd crash from my belt slipping even with the new pulleys, i was done.

I was waiting for the 300, but couldn't wait and ended up with the 450X, i'm loving it.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #394 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
all of the above is why i sold my X2, after the 3rd crash from my belt slipping even with the new pulleys, i was done.

I was waiting for the 300, but couldn't wait and ended up with the 450X, i'm loving it.
Me too, I have the 450x already but still want the 300 because of all the batteries I have, plus I kinda want every size of heli in my collection lol, now where is the 120cpx!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #395 (permalink)
Registered Users

can you do a dead side on shot the 2nd picture is slightly raised.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in