Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Gohbee

Gohbee Gohbee Stinger and Phazor 30 50 60 90 Helicopters Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Stinger update

I just wanted to stop in and say a couple things. First, let's get it out of the way, someone asked a question in another part of the forum and I said a TRex 600 is a better flyer, all around smoother and more agile, but that I fly my Stinger more. That being said, the Stinger is a DAMN GOOD bird.

I recently ripped the 1-way bearings out of the clutch, mind you this is after TWO YEARS. Now I only get to fly 4 or 5 months a year up here but when I fly, I fly a lot. Ten flights per day (on the Stinger) three times a week. So far, I've replaced one clutch! Well that and I put in some dampers the beginning of last year, but not because I noticed a performance or tracking issue, just because I wanted harder rubber in there.

After putting the clutch in, it occurred to me maybe I should give the thing a once-over, so I did. Not a single thing needs replacing! Not a loose link, not a loose screw, not a single notchy bearing. I pulled the tank and checked the clunk line as well, because the line in my 600 just gave out on me. I really can't believe the links are all still tight, and I mean tight like the day I put it together. BTW, I'm doing tic-tocs, hard punch outs, inverted everything, I really fly it, it's not just hovering.

I've had to replace bearings twice in my 600, and I fly that 1/4 as much as the Stinger and have had it half as long, only got it the end of last summer. The Stinger was my first nitro but I can't say it's the BEST of my birds. It feels slightly heavy, it's just not quite as snappy as the 600 and nowhere near as zippy as the 700.

HOWEVER, it's an old friend, it does everything my other birds do, maybe just not as flashy or fast. It has held up great, it has taught me everything I know about really flying a R/C heli and I have a kind of emotional attachment to it.

Sorry to see them discontinued, I love my Stinger and it STILL gets more airtime than any of my helis!

edit: Couple pics of it. You can see it looks well used but it fly as good as the day I got it. 8717s all the way around, even throttle. JR 7703D with 8900G on the tail, AR7100R receiver/rev limiter, Align 2-in-1 regulator/glow ignitor, Redline .53 engine and Hi-Flow 3D pipe.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking good.
I love to see a well used bird.
You are right though.
Even though my Phazor 600 will blow the doors off of my Stinger 50 in agility and the Stinger 90 has the speed and power, there is something about the Stinger 50 that still makes it my favorite for the last 5 years. My S50 gets 80-90% of the flying time.
I do need to upgrade the servos though, back when I built it the Futaba 9252 was the hot servo of choice, and they are still in there.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great post ZzEther...I feel the same way. I love my Stingers. I feel like Gohbee is a great heli. I must be strait with ya, I've never flown anything but a Gohbee. I have only 7 gallons of experience. My first Stinger was bought from a guy at work that heard that I was interest in r/c helis, this was last September, the heli had (before me) three owners. God only knows how many flights & crashes it's seen. I didn't know it at the time but the engine was shot too. Since then, I installed a new OS 50 Hyper engine, Spektrum DX7, clutch & liner, spindle & dampeners. That heli has tought me a lot & lead me to some super cool people. I fly it ever chance I get. I bought another one a couple of months ago that had only 1 or 2 flights. It's in ment condition. I flew it for the first time 6/1/2009 & it fly's wonderful, I feel connected to both helis when I fly them. I'm not a hard core 3d guy, I enjoy sport or scale type flying. I love to watch guys fly 3d & I get a kick out of it...it's just not my thang. I'm just excited to here other Gohbee pilots enjoying there helicopters too.

I like the pics you inserted...that's one good looking chopper. I really like the canopy, Ive got two fiber glass canopy's that need paint work & two plastic ones I fly with. One of them is (as I type) hanging on a coat hanger drying from a new paint job I did this morning. I invite you to check out my Stingers in my gallery if you get a chance. the Stinger with the white canopy is the newest one & it's the one that I painted this morning. I enjoyed reading your post

aerosmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, nice to see the positive feedback on the Gohbee 50 ..... being as I just brought a ARF kit from my LHS the other week - this is my first nitro heli after learning the basics on my Belt CP 450 size electric (if I can get this dam flight sim to work I'll be happy!! ).
Stephen, i like the paint scheems on your heli's in your photo gallery .... good to see how particular shades etc work well - nice work!!
kiwibob72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in