Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need Help...or a hammer

Guys..and Gals,
At my wits end with this copter. It is literally only a month or so old.
Was flying ok...I just needed some practice.
After resoldering the battery leads 2-3 times, I asked for help from zzyzx. Sent out my RX and he did a great job soldering it, glue...solid job.
While the RX was out, I freshened up the bird.
New blades. Old ones had a few nicks here and there...but still flyable.
Replaced the tail boom and motor, all new boom, motor, rotor and tail gaurd.
Replaced the skis/landing pads.

All of these worked before, just wanted a fresh start.
I also got some other batteries, 300MAH -35 output I believe. Yes, I reversed the plugs.
Here's where I think I may have screwed up.

I upgraded my Devo 6S to the latest Deviation 2.0.0 software. Followed the steps to a T. ON their site, they say 2.0.0 has known bugs, so I changed to the older version.
I bound the copter...

No matter what I do, it won't take off. It'll spin in circles.
Blades are loose as the old ones, they are not tight.
I'm trying to figure out how to setup the Devo6S back to factory, to no avail.

This copter flew fine before I sent the RX out and before I freshened it up. I know ZZYZK test flew the RX before he sent it back.

I'm ready to sell it all if I can't get this figured out. Should I be able to fly it out of the box with the TX settings on the Deviation firmware? (V 1.1.2 by the way).

Again, it flew fine before, just a little worn parts from a few crashes...namely dinged blades and a partially broken ski tip, along with the tail boom starting to crack.

Ideas? Help? Hope? At this point, I'm ready to make someone a deal or at least ship it out and get it set up.

Is it possible for me to reset the TX back to factory specs? Steps and/or help there?

TIA
dajogejr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can always flash the original devo FW from walkera site, and you will get your model memory back. Check if you tail motor spins and the gyro values are above 50% otherwise the light on the rx will blink green/red. I've also heard that there are model templates for mini CP for deviation FW, maybe try one of those just to see if it will work with default settings.
Melnik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The light does blink green and red. I've been trying, every way I know how and can think of, to revert back to the OEM FW for my devo from their site. ONce it gets done flashing, the screen is garbage...lines through it, like a broken display.
If I flash the deviation firmware then copy/paste the files to the filesystem, the radio will work again. I'd really like to get it back to factory firmware. However, if not...I'll look for the MiniCP model template. I know I'm missing something stupid simple...just aggravated.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like Melnik said, double check your gyro settings on your TX. It should be between 60 to 90%.
It sounds like you have it less than 50% aka, adjustment mode.

Also, double check that you have your servos plugged in right. I made that mistake last time I had my RX out..... It was "difficult" to control.

Also, make sure your tail rotor blade is not backwards. Again, that is one of those "opps" things that can have a profound effect on the little helis performance.
ChitownMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm getting somewhere... I copied and pasted a config file and it flies...for about 30-40 seconds. Then it's either overheating or the batteries are toast. Stock batteries or the ones I got.
I wish I could take the TX back to stock.
ChiTown, I have little black dots on the servo plugs, one, two and three black dots...same with the plugs on the board. I knew I'd fudge that if I didn't label 'em.
I think the bird is fine, I'm either going to take a crash course (pun intended) on what these settings all mean or I'm offing it...LOL
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are getting 30 to 40 seconds of flying, it sounds like the batteries to me.

The stock motors suck and they do die often, but the three i went through all went totally dead all at once. And the common broken battery lead problem, would usually only get about ten seconds.

If you can control it for those 30 to 40 seconds, it doesnt sound like TX setings.

Good luck.

PS. put the hammer down and give yourself the night to cool down... If you still want to smash the crap out of it in the morning.?.?.?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Three different batteries, two of them are brand new, fully charged and never used.
There is something different about the settings on it. Like it's on stunt mode full time.
It takes off and goes down REAL fast, like stunt mode 1 or 2 was activated on the old OEM firmware.... Still playing, we'll see!

**Edit**
Ok, got stock firmware back on and set. Profile still there.
Using the software, the library is what I was doing wrong. Instead of using the upgrade or verify option to browse and find the file, I used Upload...and it kept overwriting the incorrect file.
So...off to see what I can do again...sheesh.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Off the ledge now..thanks all

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

classic example of thinking it was the heli when it was the user. glad you got it going though, these little heli's sure are fun.
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
classic example of thinking it was the heli when it was the user. glad you got it going though, these little heli's sure are fun.
Actually...I was pretty sure it was the transmitter. I just didn't know how to fix it.
I reverted back to Walkera factory firmware.
Worked like a charm.

Word to the rookies, from a fellow rookie... Deviation software may be advanced and work great, it's not for the feint of heart or those that don't know what they're doing.

It's a great copter...but it still may be too advanced for me. And it's getting too cold to fly. A beginner pilot trying to control this thing in their modest basement is quite the task.

It's 2 months old...may sell if I can without taking too huge of a hit to get a little more beginner/intermediate friendly...chewing on that still.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe that basement isn't such a bad place.

If you can clear a space about 12 x 12 or so, you should have enough room to really work on hovering, piros, and orientations. Once you really get those down cold and you can hover and entire battery nose in and finally do piros nose-in, flying CP really opens up to you.

Learning those fundamentals over a tiny 12 x 12 space before going back outside may seem like a seriously boring task but it really makes flying much more enjoyable.... and less expensive.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajogejr View Post
It's 2 months old...may sell if I can without taking too huge of a hit to get a little more beginner/intermediate friendly...chewing on that still.
Don't sell it yet. Get a WLToys V911, and practice, practice, practice. Or, get a simulator and do the same.

Then, in the spring you'll be able to take the Mini outside and do loops and rolls and circuits and if you're really ambitious inverted flight.
sbstnp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got a couple mini through 450 size coaxial already. I like the size of these mini and micro size copters.
That V911 may be the ticket. Cheap...and easier to use.
Not a bad idea.

Part of my issue...vocabulary. What means what, how does it relate..

Thanks guys!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in