Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Anyone still flying ES600

I purchased a Raptor last month and the guy through in a ES600, and i just found out what it was,the guy told me it was a Trex 550,being new to Helis i didn't dispute it until i got home and started researching Trex 550 and coming up with nothing that looked like what i have, so i posted the question on this forum and i still got no response to what it was , until yesterday. Are they worth putting the money into, It is a comeplete aireframe minus the servos,Esc,Bec,Batt,rx,Gyro.Just need to find out what stuff to get for it and how to mount the Rx,esc,bec as i have never owned one of these or any other Electric heli, Any tips anyone could give me would be appreciated
Heli 66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E-Smart 600

Heli 66,
Try here http://www.***************/ESmart.html

Cheers!
Desert Fox
Old 05-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E-Smart 600

Heli 66,
Sorry link is restricted by this site. Its myrcguides. Google "nuttcraze"
Old 05-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is actually a good airframe. Quite possibly the best heli that esky produced. The biggest problem was lack of parts support from ESKY. That lack of support forced me and many others to sell them. If you have the spare components, I say build it. With availability of cheap servos, ESC's, Motors, and now quality tail gyros, there is no reason not to. If you decided to go FBL it would be on par with anything from the Century Swift line.

Dave
Design Engnr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just noticed it had the factory esky motor. Hang on to that if you decide to build. It is a very good motor. On par with the Century 600+ but slightly more efficient.
Design Engnr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well thanks Dave and Desert Fox, Everything is there except servos batt gyro esc and Rx
Heli 66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I never flew one but this is one of the funniest vids I've ever seen:
Crashing my ESky E-Smart! (0 min 29 sec)
Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Fox View Post
Heli 66,
Sorry link is restricted by this site. Its myrcguides. Google "nuttcraze"
I think it's Nuttcaze.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking Esmart 600

Still have my Esmart 600 - and on the odd time I manage to get out VERY early on a Sunday morning, it sometimes gets some air time.
L-O-N-G ago when I first brought it from 'HeliDirect', the full kit - minus servos, gyro, Rx, batteries, was on special for about $180 - something.
Brought a whole load of the usual parts that get somewhat bent on a hard arrival on the deck - so parts haven't been any problem - so far.
Back when old 'nuttcraze' had some main gears custom made in Viet Nam to replace the crappy Esky stock ones, I grabbed a few of those main gears as spares - just in case. (still have 2 brand new, un-used ones left in my 'crash box'.
Several years ago I went back to Viet Nam to put a few 'ghosts' from my army days there during the war (my tours where '67 & '68)
NOW, I understand why 'nuttcraze' was unable to get all the other parts he tried to get made there as well. Machine shops, manifacturers, in Sai Gon change whatever they are making and supplying without any warning - depending on where they can see the next profit being made.
Guess 'nuttcraze' didn't realize that little fact.
Capitalism is alive and doing very well in Viet Nam, thank you very much.
Most family businesses are run from the front, street level, open room area of the family house. About as wide as what we would call a normal single or double car garage - the family area is on the two or three floors above the business 'shop'.
Normal business hours for a family business is from something like 6 or 7am until 9 to 10pm daily, 6 or 7 days every week - except for the TET holiday when most of central Sai Gon becomes almost a ghost city.
Anyhow - back to the present, meet a lot of really great people here and stayed !
The VN army issues all R/C licenses without any dramas. Our R/C flying group of young guys (&1 girl) in called (translated) 'Red Bridge Radio Flying Club'.
All crashes or ditching into the river are greeted with howls of laughter, lots of jokes and another photo opportunity for everyone - including the pilot who just decked or splashed his machine.

Apart from 2 propaganda channels of the 90 something cable TV channels, NOBODY in Sai Gon gives a damn about the past war - that's just part of history to them now. (more the 80% of the population is under 37 years old) There are a lot on 'snatch bandits' on motorbikes you've got to keep an eye out for, amongst the 4 MILLION motorbikes, plus cars, buses and trucks on the roads in Sai Gon City itself.
On the 'UP' side, seems ALL the locals are very open and friendly. The cops (Cong An) don't wear guns, don't need them. Everything you want to buy can be found somewhere. Can of coke = 30 cents. Can of beer - take your pick of over worldwide 30 brands = 60 cent to $2.10 a can. IF you smoke - packet of 20's = 80 cents to $1.20 depending on brand)
Haven't seen or heard of even one case of 'road rage' and there's no such thing as 'Stranger danger' here for the kids. At least nowhere anywhere near the district we now live in - or anywhere else I've heard of from the other 'Expats' here.

Figure my Esmart has at least another 3 - 5 years flying time left in it at this rate. :-)
Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm shelf queening my esmart this week. It has developed a nasty vibration that I just can't get worked out. Bought a trex 550e to replace it. I'd rather have her in one peice, than have to shove it into my heli graveyard box in multiple peices. Is anyone interested in buying it?

CUSTOM CNC MACHINING... Inquire within.
onehot69stepside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in