Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have any of mine personally, but these are pretty much what is does. It will roll the heli either upright or self level inverted if you set it that way. You can set the flight control rates in degrees per second, and that is also how fast the heli will flip itself upright. Flying with SL on all of the time will make the heli fly like a coaxial and it will constantly try and keep itself upright. You can also set it to SL as soon as your release the sticks to neutral.

I can switch between normal flight and SL while in hover and the heli will sit level all on its own. Flipping into SL while moving in FFF will level the heli, but will not stop its forward inertia. You will need the GPS unit if you want the heli to rescue itself and lock into position.

You will need to be more specific as to what you are wanting to know if these videos don't show you what you need.

SK-720 Self-Leveling Demo (1 min 17 sec)

SK720 inverted self level (1 min 29 sec)

SK-720 self leveling feature test. (1 min 23 sec)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

The instructions say, mount as close as possible to the COG. I am getting a 720 black edition and am considering mounting it on my Goblin 380. The only place to put it will be aft of the servos on the designated mounting plate. It's not all that important to me that this works, but if it does, it would be a nice feature.

Is the location I described close enough.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfedje View Post
The instructions say, mount as close as possible to the COG. I am getting a 720 black edition and am considering mounting it on my Goblin 380. The only place to put it will be aft of the servos on the designated mounting plate. It's not all that important to me that this works, but if it does, it would be a nice feature.

Is the location I described close enough.
It will be fine there. Like my Goblin 500.
All my Skookums are on all the individual helicopters designated mounting plate. Beam E4, Goblin 500, Synergy E5 and Furion 6.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelletier View Post
It will be fine there. Like my Goblin 500.
All my Skookums are on all the individual helicopters designated mounting plate. Beam E4, Goblin 500, Synergy E5 and Furion 6.
Just to be sure, I am talking about the SL feature. This is a big move for me changing my helis from AR7200BX to SK540 for my Oxy3's and SK720 for my Goblin 380's. A bit of a learning curve coming up.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfedje View Post
Just to be sure, I am talking about the SL feature. This is a big move for me changing my helis from AR7200BX to SK540 for my Oxy3's and SK720 for my Goblin 380's. A bit of a learning curve coming up.
It doesn't matter. Mount it where you can. Mounting it closer to the COG will reduce lateral vibes in some cases, otherwise it serves no purpose. A gyro measures angular movement not COG, so it works the same anywhere as longs as its square with the frame.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Guy's
Old 04-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Works just fine on my 380. Had to use some thick Zeal tape to mount it above the nylon nut. I'm not real crazy about the mounting I used so let us know how you did it to keep the plugs from hitting the servo. Couldn't use thin tape with the aluminum mounting plate because there was too much vibration transmitted that way.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428198564.029744.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	578369
IamProStreet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Soko:

I'm following your directions regarding a SL switch. I've carefully followed your instruction, but when I conduct the functional test only nothing happens when F-1 is flipped. Hold isn't engaged. All my switches are inhibited. I'm suspecting an inhibited switch might be causing my problem. Would it be possible for you to send me a screen shot of your switch menu on your DX8 which is what I'm also using.

Thanks, Bill
Bill Fleming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2016, 01:26 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hi Bill.

This thread and instructions is verd old as you might have seen...

With the current SK720 black edition and the newest firmware its quite easy to setup bail out, especially with the gps module.

In addition I dont use the described setup in my DX8 anymore, so I cant send you screenshots.

The best thing would be to use the Monitor screen on your DX8 to see if the channel values change with the switch...
if yes: your problem is in the Skookum
if no: yourre havin an issue in the DX8 -> take some screenshots and post them here

Soko
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in