Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spectrum dx8g2 noob

I bought a spectrum DX8G2, Blade Nano CPS, Blade 200 SRX, Blade 180 CFX, and a blade 450x. I bought all the heli's from craigslist with a DX6I radio. Everything worked fine but my dog eat the DX6I. I have no idea how to program the DX8G2 radio. Does anyone have files they Could send me to load on an SD card? I can fly my 200 SRX pretty good with the settings I have from the manual. I cant get the nano,180, or 450 to 3D. I have tried watching videos I'm not very tech savvy. I would greatly appreciate it if someone had some files to send me, sucks having all these helicopter and cant fly them anymore.

Thanks Bryan.
rider15x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2016, 05:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure you will get the help you need one way or the other. IMO, the worst thing that Blade/Spektrum did was post model files for you to download. And trust me, I speak from personal experience. You will never learn how to use your radio if you don't buckle down and figure it out either by asking questions on the areas you don't understand or watching some videos on programming basics.

If you plan to be stuck in Blade hell, like some, for your entire hobby experience, maybe no harm and you can always download. Once you branch out, you will be lost. Been there, got the t-shirt. Although, I didn't think the basics were terribly difficult.

What parts of using your radio are you finding it difficult, or specifically what model would you like help with? What part of the manual are you finding difficult to read to get to what needs to go in the tx?

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I guess for now I will start with the nano seems like it would be the simplest one to program. I went by what the user manual told me to do. It flies very smoothly in "NORMAL mood". If i flip to stunt one or too it takes off like a bat out of hell. On stunt two i have zero throttle control. Its the same as me holding the throttle at 100%. the radio is set up exactly how they recommend. I thought maybe there is something wrong with the nano so I used my friends RTF radio from his nano I was able to 3D use the stunt modes correctly.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

With the 2nd Airware of DX8G2 (not DX8G1) you could hunt for DX18/DX9/DX10T SPM files as well as.

Downloading SPM files will not teach your stuff like using subtrim on AUX1/pitch channel to go for zero / 0-degree pitch on mid stick on your NanoCPX, where the FBL itself does not support fine-tuning (like 180CFX, 450X).

For the Blade manual settings there most of time are not too many differences from DX8G1 either (SPMs are incompatible however).

Thomas
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider15x View Post
I guess for now I will start with the nano seems like it would be the simplest one to program. I went by what the user manual told me to do. It flies very smoothly in "NORMAL mood". If i flip to stunt one or too it takes off like a bat out of hell. On stunt two i have zero throttle control. Its the same as me holding the throttle at 100%. the radio is set up exactly how they recommend. I thought maybe there is something wrong with the nano so I used my friends RTF radio from his nano I was able to 3D use the stunt modes correctly.
What is your flying experience level? A CP heli's throttle is not controlled by a stick in an IU mode. In N mode usually the throttle will be controlled by a stick. For an IU mode or idle up, the heli is already spinning to the percentage programmed in the throttle curve. If you go up on the left stick that is positive collective with throttle already being applied. So if you still try to regulate speed with the left stick in an IU thinking it is like your N mode, you are just going to drive into the ground.

Difficult to determine your level of understanding how CP helis work by what you have said. Even with the models you list owning. FWIW, the nano CPS always acts crazy in ANY IU mode. I think it is Blade's single biggest failure.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have the 180 flying pretty good other then I get some tail wiggle out of it right now not sure how to correct that. The nano seems to be stuck in stibility mode. It flys very smoothly and fairly easy out side with wind. I just can't seem to make a bank corner roll or flip. I understand CP pretty well it seems when the nano is flipped into stunt mode i have no pitch control. I also still an unable to do any hard banks and I don't try to flip because I know it will slam into the ground.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in