Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 150x Binds But Will Not Move Servos

I bought a 150x a few days ago. It could to my DX8 GEN2 transmitter and Spektrum DSMX satellite receiver. However, there was no servo movement even though the response to stick inputs could clearly be seen in the App. There were a few occasions when the servos could move but it seems that the pairing is lost the next time I tried to bind it.

I took it back to my LHS and they asked me to leave the heli and the transmitter with them so that they could investigate. The next day, they told me that they have fixed the problem. They said that the settings on my transmitter were wrong and that led to the servos not working. Moreover, they said that I broke a servo earlier when it moved too far.

Sure enough, the heli worked normally afterwards. I put a total of 19 packs through it today without any problems. I still find the explanation quite odd though. I wonder if anyone has any idea of what might have happened?
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ,,

Last edited by Memphis3; 02-10-2017 at 11:32 AM..
Memphis3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you saying you need the file or ?.....Memphis3
DX8 GEN 1, Phoenix R/C 5.5 ,Hyperion 720i DUO w/ MW 600 PS,Trex 250 se, Trex 150X, mCPXv1, mSRX, mSR, Walkera 4G#6S , Blade SR, Trex 470LM
prairie ville is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry, I no longer have the original settings as they were altered by my LHS. But my original settings were identical to those of the yet to be released 130s.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ,,

Last edited by Memphis3; 02-10-2017 at 11:32 AM..
Memphis3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 01:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I bought a 150x a few days ago. It could to my DX8 GEN2 transmitter and Spektrum DSMX satellite receiver. However, there was no servo movement even though the response to stick inputs could clearly be seen in the App. There were a few occasions when the servos could move but it seems that the pairing is lost the next time I tried to bind it.

I took it back to my LHS and they asked me to leave the heli and the transmitter with them so that they could investigate. The next day, they told me that they have fixed the problem. They said that the settings on my transmitter were wrong and that led to the servos not working. Moreover, they said that I broke a servo earlier when it moved too far.

Sure enough, the heli worked normally afterwards. I put a total of 19 packs through it today without any problems. I still find the explanation quite odd though. I wonder if anyone has any idea of what might have happened?
The explanation they gave you is believable to a certain extent. Once binded and that you saw activity in the channels using the APP, did you do a stick calibration?

My guess is that you successfully bound the heli but the GRS refused to arm because for some reason it didn't see zero (or close to zero) throttle after startup (throttle channel not calibrated?). When this happens, not only the ESC doesn't arm, but even the servos don't respond, neither. But however, if you bind to the APP and enter one of the sections that implies the swashplate (swashplate leveling, swashplate centering and travel), they come to live while you are in these sections, and once you leave these sections or exit the APP, they become unresponsive again.

So far, so good. What sounds weird to me is that you broke one servo. If in some way you forced a servo, you'd heard it "screaming". I'm aware that these tiny servos are not too noisy, but it's difficult not to realize that one servo is forcing when this happens. That doesn't make much sense to me, IMO.
Goblin 500
joanpeca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanpeca View Post
The explanation they gave you is believable to a certain extent. Once binded and that you saw activity in the channels using the APP, did you do a stick calibration?

So far, so good. What sounds weird to me is that you broke one servo. If in some way you forced a servo, you'd heard it "screaming". I'm aware that these tiny servos are not too noisy, but it's difficult not to realize that one servo is forcing when this happens. That doesn't make much sense to me, IMO.
Your explanation sounds good to me. I never heard a servo being broken. I just can't help but suspect this might have caused by the LHS.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I think I just figured out the same problem. Just picked up a 150x (Thanks Steve!!!) and I bound the satellite to the receiver but got no movement from the servos. I watched the bind process and figured out that with the 150x you don't have to plug in the bind plug into a bind port (because there isn't one) but after binding the satellite you have to download the app and set it up through the app and then everything will work!!! Pretty sweet!!!
Low Hover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in