Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RF7.5 on Surface Pro 3

So long story short, lightning struck this morning, and even though my computer was off, it still fried my router and has reeked havoc on main computer. Took one of the networks ports out, so I used the other. No sound out of my sound card so I used the on board sound, and then it just won't shut down.

So, had anyone been able to get RF7.5 on a Surface Pro 3? How'd you get it on there?

I hope I can can install RF7.5 on more then just one computer. I had to reformat and reinstall once before on the same machine already.

Any tips?
RCHN #633
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
I hope I can can install RF7.5 on more then just one computer. I had to reformat and reinstall once before on the same machine already.

Any tips?
I have installed mine in 3 different computers and it registered without any issues.
On the SP3 it should be able to at least run at the lowest settings so definitely worth a try. Can you borrow a friend's computer and load the rf cd contents on a spare USB drive?
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2015, 06:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli.Maniac View Post
. Can you borrow a friend's computer and load the rf cd contents on a spare USB drive?
You mean just copy all the contents of the disk to a USB drive? I do have some usb drives laying around and some bigger usb hard drives. I will try that and find out. I have a spare computer I could use, but it's just not the same as my main computer.

Thanks, I'll report back.
RCHN #633
Old 08-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, so copying the CD to my external hard drive didn't work. When I tried to run it, it kept asking me to insert disc #1 into the drive.

So, I used a program called ImgBurn to create an .iso file. I then downloaded a program called Daemon Tools and installed it on my Surface Pro 3. I was able to mount the .ISO file as a virtual burner. From there I was able to run it and it installed. I did my registration and I'm getting updates to 7.5 right now.

Finally, I can take my sim with me and get practice in!!

Now to see if I can export from my desktop the Synergy E7 I use, along with my settings to I don't have to try to figure out how to set the controls back up.
RCHN #633
Old 08-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can probably get away with copying the whole Realflight7 folder of the broken computer from Documents as is. Give it a try.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Either transfer to usb or get a prtable cd drive, you can get then online for about $15. I did that a year ago and ive used it about 4 times so it was well worth it.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRush View Post
Either transfer to usb or get a prtable cd drive, you can get then online for about $15. I did that a year ago and ive used it about 4 times so it was well worth it.
I have one, but it requires 2 USB ports to work. Maybe I need to upgrade a new one.
RCHN #633
Old 09-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running RF 7.5 on a SP3, portable USB drive made it simple. if you need 2 usb ports use a powered usb hub, the second USB is just for power
Drivelayer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Similar question, don't want to start a whole new thread

Hello HeliFreaks,

So I stopped into my LHS and happened to run into a young man who flies heli's for a living. Anyways he asked me a few questions and I told him I was very much a noob and just getting into flying. I have a Blade 120SR and plan on getting a 230S next. I asked him for his best advice and he said purchase a sim. So I have some Sim questions for the community.

I have an old (late '08) Macbook and a new Windows Surface 3 (non-pro). I would like to run the sim on my Surface but know that neXt works on my Macbook (downloaded the demo). I want it on the Surface so I can sim anywhere. Can neXt run on the Surface? Has anyone tried it? The graphics don't have to be perfect, I am looking more for something that will allow me to get the feel for the Tx and basic understanding of the maneuvers. Can I use a DX6 transmitter with this program and if so what is the USB dongle that I need to make it work (that question applies to both neXt and RF).

Give me your thoughts guys. The Mac is pretty much the family computer and used for everyday chores; bookkeeping, scheduling, and internetting. Where as the Surface was issued to me by my work and something I am allowed to put my own programs on but do not have administrator rights.

Mods I am going to post this in the neXt section too, if its too much please remove.

Thanks!
~MM
PilotMM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think RF will work without admin rights... I don't think you'll even be able to install it. Anyway, if you can get it installed and running, it runs just fine on my S3. I recommend the RF controller instead of using DX6. The skills are the same and the RF controller doesn't run down your batteries. You can still use your dx6 plugged into the controller if you want to (I think it came with the cable), but I never do.

-Mike-
mallstott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in