Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX-9 not binding.

Ok, I updated my DX-9 to the latest firmware. All went fine no issues there, similar to other posts here.
I rebind my heli's after any radio updates, just something I do.
So I went to rebind my 450, would not bind. Tried three more times with no success.

Hmm, great I thought. I then went to bind my 550, again would not bind.

Then I went and made a fresh model, went to bind that with the heli, no success.

I went to see if I could put the radio back to the factory settings, but the radio doesn't appear to have that option.

After all this I then went and bound both helis to a borrowed DX-7 with no issues, so it has to be an issue with the DX-9.

Has anyone else had this issue, and how did they fix it?
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a large fleet so changing radios is a big deal. I went from the DX7 to the DX8 with no issues. I switched to the DX9 earlier this year and have added about 20 of my Helis to it so far, and every one of them took many attempts to bind. I'd say 5 to 8 tries might be my average, but sometimes it can take even more tries. I am happy with the radio but always wonder how the next bind is going to go. My last one was to my Logo 700 just last week and I almost didn't think it was going to take, but as in all prior cases, it finally did.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default More distance

I had also some issue to bind.
Always my Tx was really near to the model.
Then go to distance approximately 1m and it
Works each time.

Only my experience.
Regards
Marco
marco@lottacustoms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had much similar experiences...

Too close and the model demands re-bind every time...even with a simple battery change

Bind it once from 10' or more away, it stays bound solid and won't need to re-bind

Evidently the DX9 has a very strong RF field with dual antennas, so the farther away, the better
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2014, 05:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The distance idea makes good sense. Somewhere along the way I read that in one of the manuals, but with the 9 I'm always within an inch or two. Don't know when I started that bad habit but I'll try getting farther away and see how it does.
Thanks
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had similar issue, dx9 wouldn't bind to anything. Called horizon, they had me send it in. They fixed a connection thatcame loose inside
aaronp97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in