Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters

Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters Electric Micro Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Did I choose the right 4ch to Upgrade to?

Hey guys, first time poster.. Have a question for you all, Ive been flying 3ch Helis for about 2 or 3 months.. Started with the Micro then ended up with 3 larger ones (still 3ch).. BUT im starting to get bored So I figure its time to move up to a 4ch and start flying like a real helicopter and actually being able to move side to side lol..

So last night i purchased the new Esky Co-Axial 4ch Nano
http://www.xheli.com/eskyheli-002648...white-rtf.html
Theres a link to it...
I've watched a few videos on youtube that people recomend this, I was just wondering what yall thought about this heli.. I was going for the Blade MsR FP, but i figured this would be a good trainer to start off on learning to fly a 4 ch, since its co-axial, more stable so i can hone my skills then maybe get a bigger one when im ready..

What do you think? I know Esky is a great company, Blade is as well, but the Nano was about $60 cheaper, and Co-axial instead of FP single rotor.... Thanks in advance for your comments! Much appreciated!
Garrett5ss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a coaxial fan. IMO you might as well go to single roaster with a flybar. It's really not difficult to fly. I fly my v911 indoor only in small and big rooms alike. Every now and then I make a bonehead move and hit the wall or myself in the face :-) but it's a tough little birdy. Only thing that happened so far was when I first got it I flew it into are hanging ceiling light and cracked where the rotor blade screws into the shaft. Not a big deal, had a replacement. It was my fault to, I was flying at full forward so that being the only thing that broke was very good.
TrAuMaChAsER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have never been a fan of coaxials with a fake tail rotor. I think that's just stupid, but just my opinion. I would take that off. However, I do have a couple of coaxials and they are fun and easy for begginers. And, you can't beat the price of the one you got. As long as it flies fine and you have fun with it, then it was a good purchase. I do also have the V911 and cannot say enough great things about that heli. When you are ready for single rotor fixed pitch, do get the v911. You will not be sorry.

Untill then, for now, enjoy your coax. It looks good, and it was a good price. Just remove that stupid looking fake tail rotor!
koenejet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I re-read my earlier reply, and it I hope you didn't take any offense. I didn't mean any. Sorry.

I know you want a response from someone who has one and to tell you 'yes' or 'no'. However, there are thousands of helis out there and for any given heli, some people will like it, and some won't.
So like I said before, it looks good, so as long as it flies fine for you, then you have your answere.

I just don't want you to get discouraged by a lack of response or a response you don't want, being a first time poster and all. I got (and still get) lots of responses that are either not helpful or just not what I wanted to here.

So, good luck with it, and keep posting on Helifreak. I have learned a lot from HF, and have found it to be a great asset.

(but I would still take that stupid tail rotor off!)
koenejet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenejet View Post

(but I would still take that stupid tail rotor off!)
Lol
TrAuMaChAsER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in