Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600esp new assembly head issue

Another question. When I went to level everything in the head, I found the linkages from swash plate up where way out of sink when using the 600 swash leveler, the one that looks like a "c". When getting everything lever with swash at mid stick, I now can not get more than +9 degrees at full positve stick, with -13 at full negative, and 0 at mid stick. Can anyone tell me why this would be?
Superfly1967 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

IMHO a swash leveller is a waste of time - you can get very close with eyeballing the swash and for fine tuning you need to do this in flight and not on the bench. You should mid-stick, zero subtrims and trims and set linear pitch curves. Square off the linkages as per Align pics (see below) and then adjust swash position via bellcrank to swash linkages so that the washout arms are square wth the flybar square - this gives you mid swash travel. Then you adjust your mixer arms to be square at same position and finally adjust short linkages to give you zero pitch - as long as your pitch curve is linear this will always give you linear swash travel.

PS On a 9303/DSX9 make sure your trim levers are disabled
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T600ESP.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	69340  

Last edited by Mercuriell; 11-17-2008 at 03:28 AM.. Reason: typos
Mercuriell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
IMHO a swash leveller is a waste of time - you can get very close with eyeballing the wswash and for fine tuning you need to do this in flight and not on the bench. You should mid-stick, zero subtrims and trima and linear pitch curves. Square off the linkages as per Align pics (see below) and then adjust swash position via bellcrank to swash linkages so that the washout arms are square wth the flybar square - this gives you mid swash travel. Then you adjust your mixer arms to be square at same position and finally adjust short linkages to give you zero pitch - as long as your pitch curve is linear this will always give you linear swash travel.

All I am using the leveler for is that mid postion starting point. I am at mid stick on radio. Just wondering why I had to shorten linkages so much at washout to flybar control rods, then the linkages from the swash to the mixing arms. This shortening of the links is probably the cause of not having full range at full positive pitch at radio. Could the leverer for my stock Trex 600 be to thick for the 600esp?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
IMHO a swash leveller is a waste of time - you can get very close with eyeballing the wswash and for fine tuning you need to do this in flight and not on the bench. You should mid-stick, zero subtrims and trima and linear pitch curves. Square off the linkages as per Align pics (see below) and then adjust swash position via bellcrank to swash linkages so that the washout arms are square wth the flybar square - this gives you mid swash travel. Then you adjust your mixer arms to be square at same position and finally adjust short linkages to give you zero pitch - as long as your pitch curve is linear this will always give you linear swash travel.

I respectfully disagree.

Your setup instructions are great and get you very close, but to get the heli to track straight as an arrow with both full positive and negative collective, you can't beat a swash leveling tool. You just can't eyeball it and get it 100% flat throughout the pitch range. With the tool there's no guessing, it's just right...

Bill

Bill Sanford is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sanford View Post
I respectfully disagree.

Your setup instructions are great and get you very close, but to get the heli to track straight as an arrow with both full positive and negative collective, you can't beat a swash leveling tool. You just can't eyeball it and get it 100% flat throughout the pitch range. With the tool there's no guessing, it's just right...

Bill
Don't argue that the swash leveller gets it looking nice level Bill - my point though is that that doesn't always translate to in-flight performance and with the most anally set level swash throughout its travel you will usually still find a degree of end limit mixing (the swash actually needs to be offset for level hover) and that is why I feel that the fine tuning best done in flight (punch ups and downs and flips looking for roll) - each to their own !!

Last edited by Mercuriell; 11-17-2008 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: typo
Mercuriell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went about it eyeballing it, or as merc said. It doesn't have any tracking issues or drifting. hovers stable as a rock! Of course after I eyeballed it, I went about trimming endpoints and travel adjustments to get it level with a swash leveller. If you want, I'll post a pic of my swash plate at mid stick
Old 11-16-2008, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks,

I too, had to level by eye. When I got the mid point eye balled close, then I put the swash leveler that goes on top of swash on and leveled at high, and low ends. My leveler that goes under swash must be to thick for this 600esp.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Don't argue that the swash leveller gets it looking nice level Bill - my point though is that that doesn't always translate to in-flight performance and with the most anally set level swash throughout its travel you will usually still find a degree of end limit mixing (the swash actually needs to be offset for level hover) and that is why I feel that the fine tuning best done in flight (punch ups and downs and flips looking for roll) - each to their own !!
On the three helis I used the swash leveling tool on, I've never had to touch the end points once I set it up in the shop. Usually just a click or two of trim for hover and it was ready to rock...

Whatever works for people! It's all good!

Bill

Bill Sanford is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2008, 05:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where exactly should the washout base sit....is it dead center in the rotor pins? Mine is slightly lower than center. Whats the best way to adjust this?

Last edited by micron929rr; 11-23-2008 at 01:32 AM..
micron929rr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in