Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Creata 400 -vs- 60B Premium

Hey, would anyone happen to know the differences between the Walkera Creata 400 and the Walkera 60B Premium? I recentlly jumped on the Walkera band wagon and both look like really good value for the price. Just trying to figure out the major differences between the two. I know one is CCPM and the other is NOR, would that be the biggest difference?
v4impactor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had the same question that I posted in another thread. Here is what Rick at ClubHeli.com had to say...

"The 60#B with the zebra stripe is the premium edition (brushless) that comes with the wk-2801 8 ch. transmitter and is the newer model. The yellow blades are the standard 60#B 2.4 GHZ with the standard motor. The premium edition is an awesome value. They both use the 2701 receiver.

The Creata 400 and 60#B are the same size (give or take a few mm). The 60#B uses a tradional CCPM configuration where the Creata 400 uses a PPM configuration (a single servo on the belly of the heli controls the pitch). It's all preference. The Premium 60#B (zebra stripe) and the Creata share the same motor. I prefer the Creata myself...I like the independent system."
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Steve, I do recall reading your post before and I went to find it again today and couldn't, so that's why I posted the question. Do you happen to have either? I'd really love some feedback , but I will say that based off looks I love the look of the 60B Premium Edition.
v4impactor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It was post #6 in this thread... https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=125485

Unfortunately, there weren't any additional comments than what I provided above. I think I'm partial to the 60B also!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that's about the best way to decide. If you head over to http://rcfriends.createforum.com/ there are quite a few guys who own the larger helis. I personally own a Creata 400 (I like the system a little more, plus I think it looks killer.) As far as flying, the Creata and the 60#B would be difficult to differentiate. Right now the 60#B is the better value. It's usually a few bucks cheaper. I would recommend the 2801 transmitter though.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
I had the same question that I posted in another thread. Here is what Rick at ClubHeli.com had to say...

"The 60#B with the zebra stripe is the premium edition (brushless) that comes with the wk-2801 8 ch. transmitter and is the newer model. The yellow blades are the standard 60#B 2.4 GHZ with the standard motor. The premium edition is an awesome value. They both use the 2701 receiver.
The Zebra is the new model and in the combo comes with the 2801 Rx as well as 2801 Tx I personally would not buy the one with standard motor and 2701 Rx model by the time you finished upgrading to Combo standard it will cost a lot more than the combo.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=6833

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep! I agree! luckily some of the US owned and operated sites like ClubHeli are starting to sell them! It has been getting awesome reviews!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anyone see any of my posts?
helliton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

what posts are you referring to helliton?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkeraUS View Post
I think that's about the best way to decide. If you head over to http://rcfriends.createforum.com/ there are quite a few guys who own the larger helis. I personally own a Creata 400 (I like the system a little more, plus I think it looks killer.) As far as flying, the Creata and the 60#B would be difficult to differentiate. Right now the 60#B is the better value. It's usually a few bucks cheaper. I would recommend the 2801 transmitter though.

Hi Rick,

Just a question, regarding the antenna on the 60B. What if I cut it to about an inch from the reciever. Would I lose that much of a difference on the transmission, as in distance wise?

Thank you

Paul
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

oops sorry that was OT. But as for your question though, the creata is a 90 degree NOR design, for the 60B it's a 120 degree ccpm. it's a much of a muchness. I have the tornado 3d which is alsmot the same but it's all plastic. You'll find it less slop with the 60B, as in more accuracy when you want to dial in your Pitch and Throttle Curves. With the Creata you have one servo working for the pitch, which i find she struggles at times.(just fine tune the slop as much as possible) But may be I'm expecting a Trex 700 performance? But it is easier to fly. As for PPM? That's got to do more with the TX and RX. PPM vs PCM check it out. However, for a trainer and a hobbyist I'd go for the Creata 400. It just looks soo much sexier. Well that's my 2 cents. I hope this helps. By the way Steve that training kit for my 4g3 is just awesome. She doesn't wobble as much as she use to. Thanks again for the help. I want to take them off now, but i'm just scared, that i might damage the 4g3.

Thank you

Paul
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in