Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New guy already breaking things

Hey Guys/ Gals-
Been reading the forums for a while, awesome info. I bought a MSR for a while ago, been doing well with it, so I decided to try something a little bigger. Got a Dx7 (is there an idiots guide to this thing) and a BNF SRX - needless to say I already stripped a servo and broke the canopy- Ordered a bunch of parts to keep me moving but already love this stuff! can't wait to get the hang to move onto a bigger copter! See ya around LI

-Chris
crampt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi. You mean the 200 SRX? I have one with a dx6 you just need to download the file from the Spektrum site to configure the transmitter and then just bind to the heli. I will try to assist with what I can. Just make sure you keep the heli with stock replacement parts! I made that mistake as there are tons of aftermarket parts and the repair cost went up significantly.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, I appreciate any help. I tried d/l off the site and using it that way, didn't really work out. Put my own settings in and it seems to working fairly well. SAFE isn't what I thought it would be haha... I did stock up on parts though. My first crash showed me what I needed. So i basically just ordered one of everything!
crampt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was the same. I thought it would be easier. I think someone needs to better teach what this means. Start flying as low as you can just in case you have a warranty issue. The support is pretty good from Horizon just use their call back option or wait forever on the phone. I recommend to start on the intermediate low rates rather than beginner. This because beginner will not allow you to recover on a gust of wind or if the heli is not balanced correctly. Take it one step at a time this heli is meant to be fun. I would not go to advanced anytime soon unless you practice on a heli simulator in a computer first. You will soon learn it is difficult (very) to fly with the heli towards you (nose in) which using SAFE modes is not a big deal. You will see these videos all over the Internet of how nice they fly but that only happens when you already know how to fly them. Do not get carried away or expect lots of crashes. One thing I learned it is better to take it slow practice and master one thing at a time. For collective pitch helicopters there is a very good array of training from Radd and here from ArchmageAU which is what I am following. You can follow it but using the advanced (no SAFE) mode only.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 08-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forgot I had written a post to get you started. Hope you like it and find it useful.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=702478
Podcast host Skids Up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in