Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default new pilot Portland, OR

Hi guys. I race dirt offroad but season is coming to a close soon and I'm taking to the skies.

I've been practicing with a little Syma X5C quad and looking at getting a FP heli soon as well as an FPV quad.

There's a great community here and I'll be asking a lot of questions I'm sure. thx in advance.
dirtNair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forums. I too use to race nitro trucks and truggys, but recently have gotten into helis and I really love flying these things. You will find tons of information and some great advice from the folks here. Enjoy and happy flying.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonhelijunky View Post
Hello and welcome to the forums. I too use to race nitro trucks and truggys, but recently have gotten into helis and I really love flying these things. You will find tons of information and some great advice from the folks here. Enjoy and happy flying.
Thanks for the welcome. I own a nitro and can't imagine racing them!

My little X5C is now worn out. Looking forward to getting in the air again hopefully later this week.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the forum.
Just so you are aware, there is a funfly coming up not far from Portland in a few weeks. If you've never been to one and really want to catch the bug I highly suggest you come check it out either as a day trip or come spend the entire weekend with us.
Even if you don't bring anything to fly it's still worth the short trip to check it out. Also keep in mind if you don't plan on flying there is no registration cost. Just come hang out and soak up the fun.

http://www.rchelination.com/rchn-fun-fly/

There's also an ongoing thread about it in the RCHN sub forum here https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=707952
Old 09-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry227 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Just so you are aware, there is a funfly coming up not far from Portland in a few weeks. If you've never been to one and really want to catch the bug I highly suggest you come check it out either as a day trip or come spend the entire weekend with us.
Even if you don't bring anything to fly it's still worth the short trip to check it out. Also keep in mind if you don't plan on flying there is no registration cost. Just come hang out and soak up the fun.

http://www.rchelination.com/rchn-fun-fly/

There's also an ongoing thread about it in the RCHN sub forum here https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=707952
Hey thanks. I'll see if I can make it. It's about an hours drive, but that's nothing compared to other folks making the trip I see, so must be something special.

I have the quad chopper at least. Got it into the air today without too much drama. SRD250 BNF + d4r-ii w/ CPPM + Taranis
Old 09-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One guy is flying in from Puerto Rico to attend. I'm driving 9 hours from Canada to be there. Kyle Stacy is coming from the East coast. People will be coming from all over.

It's worth an hour drive just to see Kyle Stacy fly in person.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in