Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question for new install

I've just installed the quark outrage on my Blade 450. The instructions say "Warning".... Before configuring your gyro ensure that the rudder reversing has been correctly set at the transmitter.
Does that mean that the reversing switch for the rudder needs to be set to "reverse" instead of normal?

Yea I know... I'm all here but not all there. Just not thinking clearly.

Thanks
72mhz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Depending on the radio brand, servro, linkage design, etc you may need to activate rudder reversing on the radio. You can confirm this by looking at the tail blades. If reversing is needed it must be done before you move to the gyro setup.

-Angelos

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Angelos,
I knew I was having a blonde moment even though my hair is salt / pepper. Hey... it has turned grey but hasn't turned loose.

Anyway...got everything set up last night...and yes for my DX8 and the Blade 450, I had to have the rudder reversed in the radio. Did the set up with the gyro and noticed that I needed to reverse the gyro for correct correction and everything else went great. I only noticed that with the factory servo and wheel that the tail slider isn't getting 100 percent because the ball link goes to the 9 and 3 position, from 12'oclock, before it gets there. I'll check out the new servo and servo arm when it comes in and measure the distance from the servo arm center to the ball link hole to see if it is a bit further out which would solve that issue.
What an awesome little package. If the weather holds, I'll be giving the heli a go this afternoon...but we are here in the UK so it changes all the time. I'm using the stock servo just to see if my tail issue is gone, and if so, will tell me if my factory brand new gyro was bad or not. Got a better tail servo coming so I'm sure that will go in as well once it arrives.
I really hope that the Quark Outrage has completely transformed this B450.

Thanks
72mhz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in