Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Inner shaft refuses to come out

So I got the CX2 about 2 months ago and it's fantastic. It's my first helicopter and first RC experience in about 10 years. I love it so much that I decided to get the aluminum swash plate and lower rotor mount (I was having problems with swashplate separating so decided to upgrade it).

I've been scouring the web for instructions and helpful hints, and I pretty much got the idea on how to install these parts, but have been having a hell of a time. The screws holding the inner shaft retaining collar were a pain to remove as they were very tight and had adhesive holding them in place, but I was able to use pliers to loosen them. The main gear was also tough but I managed to remove that as well.

But I'm stuck now, as the inner shaft refuses to budge. It still rotates cleanly on its bearings but doesn't have even a millimeter of play and I've tried a decent amount of force trying to pull it loose (while trying not to damage it). I've tried hitting the base of it with a small plastic hammer with no luck. I've also tried loosening the screw on the "outer shaft retaining collar" thinking that might help, but it refuses to budge even using pliers.

Is there something I'm missing that's holding the shaft in place? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. I've attached 2 pix showing the current state of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2344.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	63776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2345.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	63777  
Dvor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

just pull it.
iflymyhelishigh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Appologize if I am stating the obvious, but are you trying to pull out the inner shaft from the bottom of the helicopter? If so, it will never work! the inner shaft is attached to the rotor mount for the top blades... simply pull the top blade assembly from the top of the helicopter and the inner shaft should slip through.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You grab the flybar(welp, the head might be better but meh) and pull it out from the top.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, I understand it sounds like I'm missing the obvious because everything I've read says that the shaft should just slide out the top. But when I grab the flybar end and pull it doesn't even budge. I was wondering if perhaps the bearings at the bottom (in the picture I posted) were holding it in, but there is no resistance when I spin it, it still spins 100% freely. Oh well thanks for the replies I guess I'll keep working on it.
Dvor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Remove everything from the outershaft up top before trying to remove the inner shaft.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

dover just remove the screws on the bottom of the gear collar on the bottom of your heli and hold on to the fly bar on top of the heli and the inner shaft will come out. with no promblem.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just give it a smart rap from the bottom. There's probably just a little burr on it. It will come out.
EPBDDSB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds like the shaft is frozen to the inner race on one of the bearings--most likely the lower bearing.

"If you're not flyin, you're not tryin' "
Heli Jim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

The first one I replaced was very hard to remove. Just give it a real good pull, it'll come out.
flightcrazed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in