Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lynx tail blade not holding on tail motor shaft

Crashed this weekend because tail gave out. Rebuilt. Tested, but tail blades would spin at first but when throttle was applied they stopped. I assumed the motor was in it's last breath, so I replaced the tail motor...same results.

On a whim, I put the stock tail blade on and flew no problems. Then tried every Lynx tail blades I had (4 sets), same results no hold on spin up.

Tried super gluing them on, no hold on spin up.

Does this make sense to anyone? I've been using the Lynx tail blades for a couple of years and never any problems.

Am I missing something? Are they slipping or is it something else? Does anyone else have any ideas? Stock blades never seemed to hold the tail as well as the Lynx blades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

What is strnge is when I took hte Lynx blade off after super-gluing them on, they were really hard to get off. So I'm wondering if the tail blades are slipping or could it be something else? And why do the stock blades work...

Was hoping someone else had seem this. This is my trainer bird and I have never had any issues like this in the 5 years I have been flying it.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had some after-market tail blades slip (don't know what they were).
I applied some nail polish to the shaft and it seemed to help.
By that I mean I applied the polish and then slid the tail blades on and let it set-up.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still can't believe the blade is slipping. I also ordered new batteries today. Thought maybe it wasn't slipping, but maybe the batteries are old (which they are), and the Lynx blades put more stress on it???
Old 06-24-2016, 06:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have the Lynx tail rotors so can't see the blade profile. I only have a pile of KBDD and just took a look at them. Could you possibly have the Lynx blade on backwards? That could give the impression the rotor was ineffective. I lost count of how many times I used to stick those orange GWS blades on airplanes backwards then wonder why there wasn't enough thrust to fly. If the rotor is slipping I would think it would have blown off the shaft.

Joe
Old 06-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade is on correctly. Its hard to tell if it is slipping or not. Starts out spinning then once throttle is past a certain point then it stops. So sometimes the heli actually starts to lift before tail stops and heli spins out of control. And I did try super gluing them on and it still happened, but when I went to remove blade it was really hard to get off(after super glue) so maybe it is not spinning, but something else.

Maybe batteries? It's not the wire connector, I replaced that as part of my quest for a solution.

Its a mystery for sure.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have a spare board to try? Wondering if gyro or tail motor mos-fet was damaged in the crash. Maybe try re-binding? That's the suggestion I see posted most often when something bizarre is happening.

Joe
Old 06-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds to Me like you are losing tail motor connection...

Gently spread the outer pins ever-so-slightly (they break off easily) so you get a bit of friction when you plug it in...

One test flight, and if it works, secure it solid with shrink-tube or liquid tape

If not, you need a new tail motor or wire harness
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2016, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds like tail motor to me, sucks
Old 06-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Replacing motor and the wire from board to motor where one of the first things I tried/did.

Flew Saturday with stock blades and my old batteries. It flew OK, but had several small crashes due to tail motor blow-out, something that I have never had to deal with once I had started using the Lynx tail blades.

It wasn't that fun to fly. It's always been my trainer, try things I wouldn't yet try with bigger birds and warm-up the old thumbs before taking my larger helis up. Didn't even bring it to the field today.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully you figure out what's causing the tbo. Do you have a spare board? Have you tried changing out the old 3in1. Sounds to me like power is getting cut out once it spools up. Maybe a worn out tail fet or bad contact have you checked the solder points on the fet, crashes will rattle things loose on those.
3D Ambitions is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

All these are good suggestions.

What's odd it that with the stock tail blade it fly's. Doesn't hold hard stick inputs to well, but fly's. With Lynx tail blade it won't spin-up enough to get off the ground before stopping.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had similar problems and it turned out that 2 motors I had purchased had faulty wires out of the box.Had me scratching my head.I purchased the Lynx wire harness for the tail rotor and problem solved.I think the tolerances on the stock motors are very poor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in