Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X5

X5 Discussion and support of the Gaui X5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Coming back to the fold

Well, I just got another Spirit after deciding to go with Spirit only and buying a Jeti. So as I accrue FBLs I am short Spirits. So with one on X3 and 380 I have an x5, goblin 500 and 6hvu waiting for Spirit. For some reason I decided to throw it on the X5. I love my X3 and it continues to be my favorite heli. I had a beastx on x5 and I think beast was holding x5 back. I'm excited I think I will be surprised at the heli. At one point I contemplated selling it, but just can't do it.

Wish me luck!
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe off topic a hair... But how do you like the Jeti?
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2015, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

To be honest. The actual configuration and use of the Jeti is awesome! I am really pleased with the options, it is easy to configure etc.

As far as flying - Well I am still adjusting to it. It feels a bit larger and heavier than the DX8. I first had to move switches around, and now I need to limit the left stick movement a bit to feel more like Spektrum. I think in a month or so I will be more comfortable with it.

The integration with Spirit is really nice. I think it will be really helpful to learn more of what I like, and learn to get gov configured etc. Learning the radio and how to go about it is fairly simple, so that is a nice touch.

I'm sure in a few months I will look back and think I could never live without it. Is it a necessity, not really, but I wanted to buy something and this seemed like a good choice.

The transition to a new radio is EXPENSIVE. You have to figure, rx's for sim, planes, helis, then telemetry modules etc.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. Thanks! I'm looking at the radio change. Jeti is a front runner. (Pretty much down to either Jeti or Frysky Horus.)

Currently have a Taranis and love it, but want something with more heft, but not a tray radio. I'm in process of switching to Ikon and supposedly Jeti will do the same for Ikon / Brain as Spirit.

They haven't released Horus yet, but I can totally see me getting onto the bandwagon of the radio I get to touch first!

How are the gimbals?
Old 08-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gimbals are amazing. The build and quality of the radio is very impressive. I love how I can easily fix or replace any part. Really makes it customizable.

I was torn as well, but taranis didn't seem to be going down integrations path so I opted for Jeti.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. Thanks for the candid responses. I like integration, but it's not a must have. My must have for fbl is software menu driven setup. I am just fine as long as something tells me "swash up a click" with words or images and not colored blinky lights. I'd have nightmares about that.

If Jeti had a JR module slot, it'd be DONE! I like that part of Taranis and Horus, and I'm just now realizing how rare it is.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post
Ok. Thanks for the candid responses. I like integration, but it's not a must have. My must have for fbl is software menu driven setup. I am just fine as long as something tells me "swash up a click" with words or images and not colored blinky lights. I'd have nightmares about that.

If Jeti had a JR module slot, it'd be DONE! I like that part of Taranis and Horus, and I'm just now realizing how rare it is.
Yeah I am just going to keep my dx8 for BNF stuff. If I get annoyed I may look at something else. But taking a 1500 radio to fly a 75 buck foamy seems crazy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in