Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hi all.

FYI, using phoenix artictundra based *.map file make ground roughness of your convert/import scenery like ice thing. I'm using dessertmesa based *map file to get something rough like grass field.

Cheers.
devindh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry, ................. Any one emailed to the author, Michael??

Please note the following EULA:

Endbenutzer-Lizenzvereinbarung für diese HELI-X-Szenerie (EULA) End-user license agreement for these HELI-X scenery (EULA)

Allgemeine Nutzungsbedingungen: General Terms:

Diese Flugsimulator-Erweiterungen dürfen ausschließlich nur für private Zwecke verwendet werden. This flight simulator extensions may be used only for private purposes.
Diese Flugsimulator-Erweiterungen sind nicht 'public domain'. This flight simulator extensions are not 'public domain'. Es ist ohne meine ausdrückliche und schriftliche Genehmigung verboten, sie auf CD oder anderen Datenträgern oder in jeglicher Form über das Internet anzubieten oder zu verteilen. It is without my express written permission is prohibited them to CD or other media or in any form over the Internet or distribute.
Es ist nicht erlaubt Dateien aus diesem Paket, einzeln oder in Gruppen anzubieten oder zu verteilen. It is not allowed files from this package, individually or in groups or to distribute. Es ist ebenfalls nicht erlaubt, ohne meine ausdrückliche und schriftliche Genehmigung, Modifikationen dieser Dateien anzubieten oder zu verteilen. It is also not allowed, without my express written consent, modifications of these files, or offer to distribute.
Die einzigen legalen Quellen dieser Flugsimulator-Erweiterungen sind diese Webseite und Webseiten, die von mir ausdrücklich autorisiert wurden. The only legitimate sources of this flight simulator, these extensions and web site that I have expressly authorized.

So what I gather is that we may use/share the sceneries as long as we write him and ask for permission? If one of us emails him and gets the okay, we will be able to share all of the sceneries. Correct?

Sounds like worth asking if you ask me.
I don't want to bury him with emails so I will go ahead and be the one to ask for permission to use the files.
Wish us luck!
raptor3dpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
So what I gather is that we may use/share the sceneries as long as we write him and ask for permission? If one of us emails him and gets the okay, we will be able to share all of the sceneries. Correct?

Sounds like worth asking if you ask me.
I don't want to bury him with emails so I will go ahead and be the one to ask for permission to use the files.
Wish us luck!
Thanks, and yes, be the one for all of us.

Regards.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any one tyred this free sim yet
Looks good but I cant get it to work with my phoenix cable :-(

http://www.heli-x.net/index_e.shtml
dna001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mr. Bendschneider,

I am writing you to ask permission to use your panoramic photographs from http://www.szenerien.de/HELI-X-Szenerien/ for personal use (no profit) and to be able to share edited sceneries on www.helifreak.com (thread https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=57026&page=3 ). We have a couple of individuals (devindh, cycrow, seaky, gregwee) on www.helifreak.com that have the ability to edit the panoramic photographs into usable sceneries in Phoenix RC Simulator (www.phoenix-sim.com) . These files will be hosted by individuals and available for members on the forum to download and use for personal use using Phoenix Simulator.

If you have any objections or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thank you very much for your time and your incredible panoramic photographs.

Jason Grady
Helifreak ID: Raptor3dPilot
Okay here is the email I came up with... I haven't sent it yet because I wanted your guys input first to make sure the intentions were correct. Say the word and I'll hit send.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went ahead and sent out the email... we'll see on the responce!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna001 View Post
Any one tyred this free sim yet
Looks good but I cant get it to work with my phoenix cable :-(

http://www.heli-x.net/index_e.shtml
Use any usb device TX,... or use mic cable - PPM - with PPjoy,.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3dpilot View Post
I went ahead and sent out the email... we'll see on the responce!
Thanks Jason. Will wait from now,...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a problem trying to log in to Helifreak for the last week, so I couldn't even post or replied to PMs.. Anyway, the problem seems to have been solved as of today.

I moved the two sceneries to another server, but I can't seem to edit my previous post, so here are the new links:

Click here for the "Elmshorner Modellbau Club eV" scene from Reflex.

Click here for the Free Flight scene with the HF logo on the sign board.
gregwee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Jason,

thank you for your request and interest in my sceneries. Since they and many others have been converted before by other people into many other formats, e.g. G3.5 AFPD, RAS and FMS, there would not be any obstacle doing this into phoenix-format.
But there could be a difference. First of all it has to be cleared if the scenery-import to phoenix is compromising civil laws.
My english is not very good, but I hope, you understand what I want to express. Importing sceneries is not a feature of Phoenix by now. If you import a scenery you might change the program-code itself. Did you find some sentences or terms of use in the LICENSE of Phoenix which refer to this? I don't want to get into troubles.
I once had created a Bad Oldesloe-scenery for Phoenix and they made the crash-objects. It was a long period of evaluation and many versions had to be exchanged before I was content with the result.
In the meantime I am in contact with Phoenix to sell my sceneries.
Therefore I hope you understand why I am hesitating to give you my consense at this moment.
If you can prove that no infringement to civil rights is done by importing homemade sceneries, then there should not be any reason not to allow this.

Best Regards

Harald Bendschneider
Not looking to good fellas as far as sharing the files. I'm not sure where to find the EULA (End Users Licence Agreement). I only thing that Phoenix would have a problem if they decided to sell the new sceneries as an add-on to the original.
Quote:
In the meantime I am in contact with Phoenix to sell my sceneries.
this is at least good news though.

What are your guys thoughts on contacting Phoenix and asking about using outside sceneries during Phoenix sessions? I don't want to disrespect Phoenix in anyway because I truely enjoy the simulator and especially like the fact that they have offered all updates and new models free of charge. To me, this makes this sim #1.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Devin DH to PhoenixRC
show details 12/21/07

I cant wait, here attachment for Trex 600 nitro red - colorscheme i made, (posting that in helifreak too, see https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=54043 )

Cheers, i'm not align man, but i dreamed something,....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 12/19/07, PhoenixRC Support <support@phoenix-sim.com> wrote:
Hi Devin

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

We are intending to create a swap site for variants, recordings and eventually new paint schemes.

Reagrding the repainting the models, we are currently working very hard on a painting tool whch will allow you to repaint any Phoenix model in full 3D - more information on this will be on our website in the near future.

Best Regards

PhoenixRC Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, greatest sim i've ever had.

If you want take some wish list from me, please, give us some swap pages to share with other the variants that we have like i do in helifreak.com, https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=53814 .

For the paint scheme, i think its not to difficult to us, your user that have knowledge, ( i make some in RF g3.5 sim, too), but i found that your BMP (bitmap file) encrpyted/or not standar to us.

I know, like in AFPD sim, they make some TMT files that compatible with their 3D engine, but they have a small utility to import/export it to a regular bitmap file.

Can you release this utility first??? cause for beta release "aircraft development editor" can take to much time there??

Sorry for my bad english, Regards.

Devin, Indonesia.

attachment;

trex600nitro_red_better.zip
1483K Download
I done it. But with this mail, they get something news that something done here in HF, new scenery, new colorscheme, and all about swap page that posting some variant to download.

No response yet after last mail in 12/21/07.

Regards.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really nice work guys! Any more new scenes?

Let's just keep this thread on top
nerdo5953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #52 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Wow you guys kick butts. I just converted Sportplatz.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post
Wow you guys kick butts. I just converted Sportplatz.

Welcome to the club man
So I guess you went through this thread a couple of times!
It feels good doesn’t it?
And these guys do really rock
Old 03-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

okey i just timed myself, takes 10min to convert one of the fields. If we ever get permission i would love to share them.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:59 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK can someone help me with nvDXT, every time I put were the file is, it keeps telling me it can't find the file
Im trying to convert a reflex map (Landeuebungen)_

Ive done everything else im just up to the last part were u convert the textures........
tj69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 06:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj69 View Post
OK can someone help me with nvDXT, every time I put were the file is, it keeps telling me it can't find the file
Im trying to convert a reflex map (Landeuebungen)_

Ive done everything else im just up to the last part were u convert the textures........
I know exactly what you are talking about, been there

Well, here's how I do it:
1. I copy all the 8 image files ( 2 imges are previews) into the DDS utilities' folder located in:

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities

2. I run nvDXT from Start Menu.
3. I write the following command line for all image files (you can copy/paste):

> nvdxt -dxt1c -nomipmap -file *.jpg

4. After conversion which takes about 15 min on my old PC I move the converted .dds files to another folder where scenery can be finished and I delete the .jpg files since they were a copy.

Hope that works for you
Old 03-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are the man thank you very much,,,champion
Old 03-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default PhoenixCreator 1.01.a (beta) released

PhoenixCreator 1.01.a (beta) released over at Phoenix

1.05g also released today
eppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #59 (permalink)

Default My 3d scenery

Hi guys!

Thanks to devindh and CyCrow I managed to convert some sceneries to Phoenix. (You guys rock!! )
That was cool, but I decided to try to make one in 3d. Used "3ds Max" and made a big hall with the walls from Sportshall as crash objects. Nothing fancy but it was quite fun to make.
Hope you like it!
Here it is: http://www.kjetilrostad.com/Dark_Hall1.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dark_Hall1_preview_full.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	43745  
rostad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice scene, Rostad. More soon, i hope.

Regards.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in