Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

View Poll Results: MCPX of Choice
MCPX V1 2 22.22%
MCPX V2 2 22.22%
MCPX BL 2 22.22%
MCPX Brushless Upgrade to the MAX! 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile My MCPX V2 FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so this is one of 5 MCPX's I have and by far, this is my favorite!!! This thing has SOOO much power! It has a spin Brushless motor in it. Now I don't know the size of the motor or the ESC, but all I know that it is BIG! XD Also, I have a Blade 120SR tail motor. It's not the prettiest thing, but what would you expect, it came from hell!!! Haha.

Now, one thing I would like to do it get more power. Yes, I know, why would I need that? Well, why not? I want to do tic tocs like I do with my big boys!!! XD But I was wondering, is it possible to run it on a 2s? I know the stock board couldn't handle it, but is there a way to get like a small BEC or something so the extra voltage only effects the main motor? Because the tail is fine, that bastard will NEVER let go!!! XD

But if someone knows, please give me a shout!

Thanks.

God Bless!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160317_000318.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	641352   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160317_000344.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	641353   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160317_000356.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	641354   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160317_000452.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	641355   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160317_000435.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	641356  

Blade 300X, Align T-Rex 600N ,MCPX,Oxy 2,Goblin Fireball,Logo 600SX,Synergy E7SE F3C, Gaui NX4, Gaui R5, RCHN #815Team Xpert Servos USA Tellarotor RC Podcast
TRAXXAS6606 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2016, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smile

Oh, and I run a 600mah 1s lipo in it and it'll drain that battery in less than 2 minutes!!! I'M SERIOUS!!!
Blade 300X, Align T-Rex 600N ,MCPX,Oxy 2,Goblin Fireball,Logo 600SX,Synergy E7SE F3C, Gaui NX4, Gaui R5, RCHN #815Team Xpert Servos USA Tellarotor RC Podcast
Old 03-17-2016, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like a Xtreme Spin 16,300 KV motor run by a XP7A ESC. That motor has a bit more punch then a HP05 which is a middle of the road brushless motor for the mCPX. A HP06V2 motor run by a XP12 would give you more torque and power. Now if you want insane power, a TA915 motor is what you want. This is a TA915 double brushless I built for a fellow Helifreak a few years ago and it was a freakin' monster,

If your draining a 600mAh battery in two minutes, you probably have something amiss. Also, the motor you have is designed for 1S. At 2S, things would start coming apart. There was a thread floating around here, several years ago, about a 2S conversion, with appropriate motors, step downs, yada, yada, yada.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...hlight=liftbag

Last edited by NCcraig; 03-17-2016 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Added link.
NCcraig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Looks like a Xtreme Spin 16,300 KV motor run by a XP7A ESC. That motor has a bit more punch then a HP05 which is a middle of the road brushless motor for the mCPX. A HP06V2 motor run by a XP12 would give you more torque and power. Now if you want insane power, a TA915 motor is what you want. This is a TA915 double brushless I built for a fellow Helifreak a few years ago and it was a freakin' monster,

If your draining a 600mAh battery in two minutes, you probably have something amiss. Also, the motor you have is designed for 1S. At 2S, things would start coming apart. There was a thread floating around here, several years ago, about a 2S conversion, with appropriate motors, step downs, yada, yada, yada.
Oh cool! Thank you for your info.

BTW, yours looks bad ass!!! XD
Old 03-17-2016, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try 130X main blades...after you extend the tail to allow tail rotor clearance...

Your mCPX will "float" like your 630
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Try 130X main blades...after you extend the tail to allow tail rotor clearance...

Your mCPX will "float" like your 630
I've been thinking of that but I would think it'll be too much blade for the motor. It's already running hard now, I don't want to risk blowing it up. xD
Old 03-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post

BTW, I really like your setup on the MCPX! Looks very clean. I bought mine like it is for $30.00. Can't beat that right? But now I really want to build one myself but more powerful than my current one.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXXAS6606 View Post
I've been thinking of that but I would think it'll be too much blade for the motor. It's already running hard now, I don't want to risk blowing it up. xD
I use 130X blades on the stock brushed motor...and MarieFan (Mark) uses the 130X RB head on a nCPX...

The blade root fits perfectly in the mCPX grips...with the mCPX BL grips giving a great increase in head strength

Back off the pitch servo travel and you won't work it so hard...let the disk do the work
Old 03-20-2016, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
I use 130X blades on the stock brushed motor...and MarieFan (Mark) uses the 130X RB head on a nCPX...

The blade root fits perfectly in the mCPX grips...with the mCPX BL grips giving a great increase in head strength

Back off the pitch servo travel and you won't work it so hard...let the disk do the work
Oh, I forgot about doing that. Cool .I may do that then.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Best motor of them all in my opinion is HP06V2, with 1s 550mah or 1s 750mah. Insane pop on 100% pitch and 90% throttle curve.

I have hp08 and ta915, hp08 is smooth high torque motor, ta915 is mix of hp08 & hp06.

Have fun, I still enjoy my brushless mcpx very much!
Mcpx BL2
profilefan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2016, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Wow, the poll is doing really good!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I use 130X blades on the stock brushed motor...and MariaFan (Mark) uses the 130X RB head on a nCPX...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXXAS6606 View Post
Oh, I forgot about doing that. Cool .I may do that then.
You can also back off on your throttle when you run longer blades.
Longer flight times.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running a 7600 Kv HP08S on 2S with 8:1 gear ratio. Head speed is 5600 rpm governed with Lynx 115mm blades. Tail is HP03T at 6000 Kv with 47mm Lynx tail rotor. Using a dual ESC, my own build running BLHeli firmware. It has a 4V sBEC for a V2 controller board. Pretty happy with it. Though my ultimate upgrade will be to put a µBrain on it and get rid of the Blade controller board. I think then it will really fly like my 450 which runs a BeastX FBL controller.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
I'm using a 7600 Kv HP08S on 2S with a V2 board. Stock 8:1 ratio. Running a governed 5600rpm head speed with Lynx 115mm blades. Tail is HP03T at 6000 Kv with 47mm Lynx tail rotor. Using a dual ESC, my own build running BLHeli firware. It has a 4V sBEC for the V2 board. Pretty happy with it. Though my ultimate upgrade will be to put a µBrain on it and get rid of the Blade FC board. I think then it will really fly like my 450 which runs a BeastX FBL controller.
Extend your tail boom to allow 135mm blades (130X's will fit the grips) and you will attain a "floaty feel" that rivals any 450-class heli - and some in classes above
Old 05-03-2016, 09:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a set of Lynx 125mm blades I haven't tried yet, but really it has so much power with the 115mm blades I don't feel like I need them. Though I'll try them at some point and maybe even try something like the 130x blades. Problem is for 135mm blades I would need lower gearing and as it is I had to grind the motor shaft to 1.2mm to take an 8T pinion. I already have a stretch boom and I can take the 125mm blades, but I would have to extend it for 135mm blades.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
I have a set of Lynx 125mm blades I haven't tried yet, but really it has so much power with the 115mm blades I don't feel like I need them. Though I'll try them at some point and maybe even try something like the 130x blades. Problem is for 135mm blades I would need lower gearing and as it is I had to grind the motor shaft to 1.2mm to take an 8T pinion. I already have a stretch boom and I can take the 125mm blades, but I would have to extend it for 135mm blades.
The stock extended mCPX tail boom will allow 135mm blades - BLH3602L

I run stock motor/pinions with 130X mains and Oversky 7mm tail motors with no problems
Old 05-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I'd have to check. I'm not actually using a regular stretch boom. I just cut a rod from stock to make the boom on mine. I mean it's not like you need anything special for that. I made the boom longer, but only long enough for 125mm blades. Maybe the 135mm would fit, but I'm also using a 47mm tail rotor which takes up some clearance.

I think my motor and gearing can handle 125mm blades without bogging, but for sure it would give me trouble with 135mm blades. I really like it to see no bogging all the way to the end of the timer. Have to keep some governor power on reserve to see that. 135mm blades would give me zero governor overhead without lower gearing. And then there's the tail, don't really know how much power I have on reserve there. It's fine with 115mm, but I don't know on the longer blades.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in