Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Problems with my setup, what am I doing wrong?

Hello all,

I have been trying to get my plug and play brushless setup (http://www.hobbypartz.com/88e-aebc512.html) to work with two lipos. In the attachment you can see how I tried to set it up, I soldered the wires (that are touching) together so I could plug the esc and the converter directly into the first battery. Then I would connect a second battery to the main board for the tail and board power. I also have one wire connected to the main motor output on the board.

Now, when I plug the esc without plugging the board battery, the esc activates and the motor acts erratically/ turns a bit, then turns full power until I unplug the battery. If I plug the main board and the esc at the same time with two batteries, well nothing happens and the esc doesn't even seem activated.

Is there a way to do a dual battery setup with this plug and play kit or will I be forced to use just one battery like the plug and play kit describes?

Thanks for any and all help given!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170213_215915.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	694343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 9.50.49 AM.png
Views:	396
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	694346  
Reymundo911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I pull up the website you linked us to, I see three parts. Do you have the converter? Is it mounted to the other side of the main board? If so, It would be helpful to see a picture of that. That way we can see how you have it wired up.
delgadokdd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yep I have the esc and converter shrink wrapped together. I will post a pic of the wiring tonight, but it is currently wired as in the diagram on the website. I updated main post with pic of wiring diagram (ignore tail esc I am using 120 sr motor)
Old 02-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I ended up soldering the esc directly to the board and I will use only one battery. I also soldered the main motor converter cable to the motor plug (+). However now I only get either 100% throttle at all times or 0% wih throttle hold. I assume I did not solder the converter cable to the right place. Btw this is mcpx v2.

I made a video explaning the problem in more detail :
MCPX brushless conversion mod problem (2 min 2 sec)

Thanks for any and all help provided!
Old 02-15-2017, 02:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not solder the signal wire direct to the board? Might help. Also have you looked at the settings on the esc? Maybe something there needs changing?
Old 02-15-2017, 02:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I second esc. Redo endpoints and see what you get, if you haven't tried already.
Bm421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not sure if the esc settings can be tweaked, and if they can I do not know how to do it.

I have a normal mode with linear throttle curve, and stunt mode with 100% curve. Could it be possible that without some kind of firmware / governor the motor simply turns at 100% throttle at all times, in normal and stunt mode?

Also, is it possible to flash blheli on any esc? Would it benefit me?
Old 02-16-2017, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Solved!

Okay so for anyone having similar problems,

After much research I have found that soldering directly to the motor output on side A pictured in the attachment works very well. It is also important to have flat throttle curves in both Normal and Idle up positions on your transmitter.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 3.47.49 PM.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	694577  

Tags
brushless, mcpx, plug and play

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in