Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

The true cost of the barebone kit if bought with the electronics and blades would need to be adjusted against what would be made/lost in selling the unwanted parts. Bearing this in mind it makes it quite expensive as compared to the competition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kind of my point to a certain degree, discounting street price from electronics to get to a kit price is deluding yourself, and deluding yourself over how cheap is a mid class helis is plain... lame.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You got me there, you might want some other equipment. So I went to my local retail shop and looked at whatever they had. Here is what I found average price for a helicopter was about $2,472.35 street.

Then I was thinking ok just electronics $1574.86 no helicopter at all but I got my choice.

Next I compared it to the New Trex and figure that it will street for $1,699 or so. So if I do the math on that $1,699.99-1574.86 and I getting a brand new heli for $125.13.

So no bs, the snap shots I took should show the amounts. I know everybody has there own brand or gyro or whatever but I don't have a crystal ball so I'm just picking items I'd use if I didn't have an option like what I see is being offered.

Ok blast off!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electronics.png
Views:	334
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	322660   Click image for larger version

Name:	X7 Gaui.png
Views:	342
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	322661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Whipla.png
Views:	303
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	322662   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAP G4.png
Views:	309
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	322663  
timmay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicasiobantolino View Post
i kinda know what you mean ive been waiting on the logo 700 for a year now and still months to go and seems like theres a delay again so august looks like maybe dec?

Where have you heard about a delay and how did you come up with Dec?

Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bang for your buck i cant see how you can go wrong. How many of us can use ower helis to the full potential? Also im a firm beliver that the pilot makes the heli not the other way around. Some people like the bling or just the braging rights "i fly a logo xxtreme!" I like align becuse it a good quality product I can go down to my local hobby store and get parts and support for it. It's just like how many people that own ferraris can really drive them like a ferrari? That's not the point it's all a matter of personal preferencee. I'm not saying that I would love a goblin Or a logo extreme, Align works great for me I can fix it and afford it. I have 9 different helicopters my biggest being a trex 500. It's a little tricked out and it's a blast, I can't wait to get my 700 d f c. I've already put a deposit on 1. This has no way been an attack it's only my opinion.
helisteve60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
You got me there, you might want some other equipment. So I went to my local retail shop and looked at whatever they had. Here is what I found average price for a helicopter was about $2,472.35 street.

Then I was thinking ok just electronics $1574.86 no helicopter at all but I got my choice.

Next I compared it to the New Trex and figure that it will street for $1,699 or so. So if I do the math on that $1,699.99-1574.86 and I getting a brand new heli for $125.13.

So no bs, the snap shots I took should show the amounts. I know everybody has there own brand or gyro or whatever but I don't have a crystal ball so I'm just picking items I'd use if I didn't have an option like what I see is being offered.

Ok blast off!
+1 , and if you choose this receiver , you save money

http://helidirect.com/futaba-r6203sb...50-p-23071.hdx
Old 06-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the money, I think it is a great deal. I agree that there are better electronics out there. But like previous post stated, how many of us can actually fly the stock electronics to their full potential? Same with golf, I have seen many golfers with thousand dollars worth of golf clubs but can't keep their balls on the fairway.
skyrotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Sarah
Why not a Vbar ?¨
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
that would be awesome, i am just curious would one go with a beastx system are the futaba fbl system i can not decide which one.
Brett74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
that would be awesome, i am just curious would one go with a beastx system are the futaba fbl system i can not decide which one.
beast x
Trex 500 stock ,trex 500 fbl (beastx ) , 500 scale ,Trex 550e , MFA 500,.Micromold Lark
sircol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't get into the Futaba, trust me.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #31 (permalink)

I have thought about either beastx, or mikado silver version and even the skookum robotics 720 or even 540. I want the one that will give the best hold for all three axis
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 for Vbar

Sent from my phone
Blade - Mcpx
sjaaktrekhaak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not tried any other FBL controller besides the 3GX. Don't rule it out. It can be purchased for under $90. I have one on a 500, 600 and 700. They work. Some seemed to have problems, but many more enjoy them. My flying style is mostly working on technical skills, upright and inverted hovering all orientations over a spot, precision aerobatics/3D. It took me a while to configure the setting for how I like them (There are at least 6 settings you can adjust from 0-100, so do the math on the potential results), but now they are perfect.
Pard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaaktrekhaak View Post
+1 for Vbar

Sent from my phone
+1 for Skookum 720 or 540 for that locked in feel
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have thought about either beastx, or mikado silver version and even the skookum robotics 720 or even 540. I want the one that will give the best hold for all three axis
BeastX and VBar. They have similar performance, both Germans. Either of the two systems is more than enough for 95% of the pilots who are on this forum. It's just a matter of price and easy to configure. With BeastX you do not need any kind of accessory to set up, at home or in the field ... and is cheaper.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

BeastX flies really great, specially for its price. Last one I setup for a friend took 8 minutes, literally! Vbar flies a bit better in my opinion, you have much more setup flexibility and 4 banks to select for each flight condition. The silver sensor should be tougher than the blue one which was prone to failure. Skookums fly really well too but are a bit tougher to setup. Futaba is a nightmare if it doesn't fly good right away. I have all of them, the Futaba is for sale.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
oh really those goon heads. I have all the hv servos etc now, why would I buy theirs? I even have the KDE 495 xf motor to put in it and a 120 hv cc. I also bought a futaba 750 fbl system. I would never use the 3gx system, anyway.
buy it all and sell to make a serious profit here

people buy that stuff left and right and fast.. well except for the 3gx lol..

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
+1 for Skookum 720 or 540 for that locked in feel
+2 for the 540.. this is my new go to unit..
very good feel and AWESOME setup.. and it has a gov!

Will not be buying anymore BXs this unit is the same price and outperforms it in every way.

it has the Vbar feel for 100$ less.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
oh really those goon heads. I have all the hv servos etc now, why would I buy theirs? I even have the KDE 495 xf motor to put in it and a 120 hv cc. I also bought a futaba 750 fbl system. I would never use the 3gx system, anyway.
Hmmm I thought you already purchased the futaba 750?

You know "Sarah" you should make a video of you flying. You seem very into The Hobby! and I'm willing to bet Align (or any other company for that matter) would take you on as a Rep or sponsored pilot. Little action would need be taken on your part, other than just being a female flyer with your enthusiasm.

Last edited by trainwreck; 06-08-2012 at 09:08 PM..
trainwreck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is "Sarah" is faking being a woman, then she is stalking the heck out of whomever appears in all of her profile pictures.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in