Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail wag

ok i posted a thread about futaba 401 gyro problems couple threads ago well i cant get my gain above 58 without wagging but at 58 it does not hold but i turned it up to 68 and it would wag for about 2 minutes then stop so anybody have clues on that no play in tail everything set up right getting frustrated also it seems worse if i give right rudder then if i give it left but not by much but after 2 minutes its smooth. i dont know max something expanding making a better fit help please
keither1984 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

take off the servo links from the head and feel if the head is smooth or binding...also it could be a bad bearing, binding in the tail????
with the 401 its quite hard to get a perfect tail.
chris
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

It could be many things. But that fact that when the pack is charged you get wag then it goes away could mean a stick bearing in a tail grip. At higher RPMs it maybe sticking and then as rpm drops a little it stops. As a test you could lower your head speed a little on a fresh pack and see if the wag is related to head speed.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had a problem where i had not enough headspeed, do you know how much headspeed you have? i assume you probably have enough, but i was foolish enough after assuming it would be similar to the 250 i have
Addictedd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
well i cant get my gain above 58 without wagging but at 58 it does not hold
That could mean you have too much mechanical gain, tail servo ball too far out on the arm.
Try moving it in a hole.

Also, the GY401 Limit Pot should be set between 80-100% for optimal performance.
If it is set below there, that could also be an indication that the ball is too far out on the arm.
T-Rex 550E V1 Classic Flybar: 600MX/BL70G, AR6200, DS610 x 3, Quark/DS650, 16t/520mm blades.
Wolfpackin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

i will try some of the things mentioned and let yall know thatnks for the help
Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

well i tried a couple things the only the thing i had luck with was lowering the headspeed and that fixed it. so i double checked the tail grip bearing and they were smooth but when i was putting it back together i noticed if i get iy tight it stars getting notch so i had to leave it loose with locktite on it i wonder if the tail hub where the tail grips bolt are to short causing it to bind when tight. also i heard some strange noise thats hard to describe like a screeching/grinding noise that started about 3 mins into the pack and have no idea what part of the heli it was coming from when it happend i landed immediatley and checked it over everything over it was all good and tight put it in the air again and didnt do it again kinda scared to fly this thing its brand new to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in